Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Challenger 650 coming !!!

12 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Whining ...

Well, while I tried to discuss their product GoranM leaned towards blaming me and my perception instead from the very beginning.

I'm curious why you don't seem to notice such misrepresentations calling me out in the first place?

Don't you see that I'm in fact the victim here?

Okay, I must admit, I have inserted some words above, but that's characteristic ... "I'm the victim here ... not the censored." Good night !!

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

16 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Well, while I tried to discuss their product GoranM leaned towards blaming me and my perception instead from the very beginning.

I'm curious why you don't seem to notice such misrepresentations calling me out in the first place?

You commented on the pillar several times and the developers have said they will address it. There really is no need for any further discussion on the matter. He probably called you out because you persisted on the issue.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Well, while I tried to discuss their product

Just to point people in the right direction, this is you trying to "discuss" our product.  Starting your entire post with "Jeez..."

I mean, you're right.  When I discuss things in meetings, I always start with "Jeez".

And then...

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

GoranM leaned towards blaming me and my perception instead from the very beginning.

Well, this is me "blaming" you...

I'm sorry that you're the victim in all of this.

Now here's MY opinion.  You're the type of person who would keep insulting someone, but when they fire back with the subtlest response, you scream "I'M THE VICTIM HERE!!"

Your criticisms have been noted.  Even though I don't have to note them, seeing as you don't even have the product.

Might I direct you to the pinned topic in this forum.  It's a good read.

Edited by GoranM
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

You commented on the pillar several times and the developers have said they will address it. There really is no need for any further discussion on the matter. He probably called you out because you persisted on the issue.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear: it's not only the pillar but the whole windshield and the front panel as well. Subpar.

Shame, I'm not interested anymore.

Peace out. 

Edited by Dirk98

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear: it's not only the pillar but the whole windshield and the front panel as well. Subpar.

Shame, I'm not interested anymore.

Peace out. 

You're a P3D user.  This isn't available for P3D.  

Sorry.  It's X-Plane only.  But I do hope someone makes a "Aircraft Windshield" sim for you some day, seeing as that is the determining factor on whether or not you purchase an add on.  

All the best

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, jcjimmy said:

My recommendation is to have an "engines running" option in the next iteration.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure that you can start the engines, save the state and use that indefinitely from then on every time you wanna load the plane with engines running.

If I want to learn something useful about the new Challenger 650, the avsim forums are no longer the place to be. Keep on ranting. I'm out of here. 

Re: EvidencePlz

"Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure that you can start the engines, save the state and use that indefinitely from then on every time you wanna load the plane with engines running."

I tried saving the engines running state both in X-Plane and the program. When I called up the program it came up Cold and Dark.

Jim Morgan

Hasn't Austin specifically stated that all XP11 planes will work with 12 but may need an update to include the new graphics stuff?

14 hours ago, jcjimmy said:

I tried saving the engines running state both in X-Plane and the program. When I called up the program it came up Cold and Dark.

Did you try to load the saved "engine running" state from the Airframe Manager and calling up the program? I suggest you look into that again.

Here's an example: https://imgur.com/5nEIVlL

Notice the state "apu starting up" in the pic. That's a state profile manually saved by the user/customer and not an auto-save. Next time he/she starts up the plane, goes to the Airframe Manager and selects "apu starting up", the plane will load that state and nothing else.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 1:15 PM, Matchstick said:

It appears this plane has the same problems with badly flickering avionics screens on AMD cards with Vulkan enabled as other Hot Start/X-aviation planes.

Pity, but I guess it makes it easier to resist.

For what it's worth: This is a fundamental AMD driver and X-Plane issue with add-ons that draw stuff in 3D space (e.g. PFDs and MFDs)! Laminar apparently fixed the root cause for XP12, so sit tight.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Just now, Bjoern said:

For what it's worth: This is a fundamental AMD driver and X-Plane issue with add-ons that draw stuff in 3D space (e.g. PFDs and MFDs)! Laminar apparently fixed the root cause for XP12, so sit tight.

Weird that it only seems to occur in some planes but not others.

2 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Weird that it only seems to occur in some planes but not others.

But the root cause is AMD's driver. Some versions work well, others don't. There's some threads about this on X-Plane.org.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Just now, Bjoern said:

But the root cause is AMD's driver. Some versions work well, others don't. There's some threads about this on X-Plane.org.

OK but that doesn't alter the fact that something other devs are doing avoids this problem.