Sign in to follow this  
tup61

FBW A320 stutter

12 hours ago, holland786 said:

After a lot of testing with two kind and patient users on Discord (who suffered through the dozens of different files I sent them to test), we have potentially isolated a major stutter problem to a particular area of the code.

We are evaluating what we can do to mitigate the issue as it impacts something non-trivial to fix.

That realy sounds great , can you guys inform the community if this fix is done so people can try if ?

cheers 

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

On 1/5/2023 at 11:47 PM, holland786 said:

After a lot of testing with two kind and patient users on Discord (who suffered through the dozens of different files I sent them to test), we have potentially isolated a major stutter problem to a particular area of the code.

We are evaluating what we can do to mitigate the issue as it impacts something non-trivial to fix.

hello,

Any information on the progress of this fix?

Edited by Ricardo Andrada

On 2/7/2023 at 5:35 PM, Ricardo Andrada said:

Any information on the progress of this fix?

We currently have 4 performance related changes in the pipeline, including one related to the largest stutters (200+ ms spikes). The other ones focus on improving intra-frame performance (which target general stuttering as opposed to addressing stutters every 20/30 seconds).

The fix for the 200+ ms spikes is being finalised as we speak and has recieved positive feedback so far.

here are some:

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/7698

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/7776

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/7736

Edited by holland786
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

1 hour ago, holland786 said:

We currently have 4 performance related changes in the pipeline, including one related to the largest stutters (200+ ms spikes). The other ones focus on improving intra-frame performance (which target general stuttering as opposed to addressing stutters every 20/30 seconds).

The fix for the 200+ ms spikes is being finalised as we speak and has recieved positive feedback so far.

here are some:

Are these currently in experimental and will be pushed to dev? Or will be released to experimental?

1 hour ago, holland786 said:

here are some:

Are these currently in experimental and will be pushed to dev? Or will be released to experimental?

22 hours ago, mrlip said:

Not sure yet, I think some of them will go straight to dev. They are currrently not in any version.

Edited by holland786
  • Like 1

@holland786 For what it may be worth to the FBW Team, I don’t get these stutters. Absolutely no stutters. 30FPS locked all the way on usually 2 hour or so flights. Only fly Experimental. Ancient GTX980Ti and a well overclocked i7 6700K (4.7 GHz) locked in at that speed, power adjusting states turned off. 200+ items in Community, a mix of payware and freeware incl AIG. Simbrief and Navigraph, Track IR running too. 1440p on a mix of Ultra, High and Medium. LOD 160. No special tweaks to nvidia control panel either.

I was on MSFS Beta (Steam) just for AAU1 and since went off Beta once that went live. That had no affect either on A32NX performance either.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

8 hours ago, Ricardo Andrada said:

excellent job @holland786!
the stutter is over.
thank you so much for making this correction!
Waiting only for the experimental version to receive this correction.

What is over, holland786 wrote the overwork/fixes are currrently not in any version.

So..????

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, pmplayer said:

What is over, holland786 wrote the overwork/fixes are currrently not in any version.

So..????

cheers 😉

If you know what to do, you can test our new developments with a special release you have to build yourself. This is for our internal testpilots, who test our progress even before it goes into any official version (stable, dev or exp). I assume the previous poster did something like that.
But for common computer pilots, don't try that. Just wait for an official release in one of the versions. 🙂

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

57 minutes ago, Watsi said:

If you know what to do, you can test our new developments with a special release you have to build yourself. This is for our internal testpilots, who test our progress even before it goes into any official version (stable, dev or exp). I assume the previous poster did something like that.
But for common computer pilots, don't try that. Just wait for an official release in one of the versions. 🙂

Thank you for pointing this out.

I will wait for the official releases, would be fine if this happens you guys could reply back here so we ( community ) know when it's done..

Thanks for your hard work doeing at all projects that you have in work !!

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

spacer.png

6 hours ago, pmplayer said:

So..????

cheers 😉

This is actually in the development version now. Sorry, forgot to notify.

Btw, most of the fix is by Eearslya#7831 on our Discord, to give proper credit 😉

I just did the original investigation and prototype.

Edited by holland786
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, holland786 said:

Btw, most of the fix is by Eearslya#7831 on our Discord, to give proper credit 😉

Thank you Holland.  Do you know when it will likely go into the Experimental version which supports VNAV?  Awesome work I will look for Eearslya#7831 to acknowledge the handiwork 😀

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, holland786 said:

Is it already in the version Changelog 0.10.0?
Or do I have to install the Development e99f6ce ?

Edward

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

4 hours ago, holland786 said:

All 4 performance related changes are now in development version?

Eric