Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG Update: PMDG 737 now "unstuck" after talks with Asobo

Another update from Randazzo:

Captains,

We have some good news rolling around the halls of PMDG this weekend, and it is best described by an unusual detail in this capture from some of our work this afternoon:

PMDG737TestFlight001.jpg

That red cone has long been present in the background of various test flight images and video of new aircraft types. It provides a measurement for static pressure in order to facilitate verification and (if needed) of the engineer's predicted values for static pressure used for such things as the air data system on the airplane.

Back in 2011, we added this feature to the 737NGX at the request of a friend of ours who worked in Test Flight at Boeing, and we have had it aboard every PMDG Boeing airplane since. It is a silly thing, really, but it makes for some fun that you can turn on/off from within the options feature set that we include with the airplane when it ships to you.

I have traditionally left it visible (along with the test vane plugs in the forward windows that are part of the test flight kit) when we are testing a product prior to initial delivery because it gives the look of an airplane that is undergoing the serious business of testing. And serious we are, at the moment!

Thanks to some long awaited input from Asobo, we are able to report that our progress toward Beta Testing and eventually Release has been unstuck. We are currently evaluating both a transition-to-testing date and an initial release date. I'll have quite a bit more information on the release process right around the time we actually put the airplane into testing, as there are a host of items that have been stagnant since early October that we can finally begin to evaluate fully- and I need the intervening time in order to speak intelligently about the release process.

There are still a few more bridges to cross, which is to be expected. The PMDG 737 is easily the most complicated C++ object oriented project to be brought into MSFS at this time and as we have already seen, it is possible to stumble into things that take collaboration to resolve. We have a couple of items on the worry-list, but we are just starting to get into them at this juncture so we shall know more in the coming week.

In the mean time, enjoy the week ahead! I'll try to roll back through with some visual snacks for you as we make progress!

I'm gonna take Randazzo's words with a grain of salt, given his past estimates have been kind of off.  Better to wait for the the actual beta testing of the PMDG 737 before we get excited.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Hopefully this time things are starting to come together.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Breaking news: The announcement of the starting of the evaluation process of a possible date of a transition into testing!

Seriously that sounds like there‘s still a lot of things they don‘t even know if they can get them to work („worry list“), if only one of them takes as long to figure out with Asobo as this unknown „blocker“ right here, we can hope for 2023 at best.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

I am happy with getting into the simulator at a good level and adding more functionality as the sim progress more and more functionality will evolve over time.  

• Like 2

Simon

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I'm gonna take Randazzo's words with a grain of salt, given his past estimates have been kind of off.  Better to wait for the the actual beta testing of the PMDG 737 before we get excited.

Well said.
No need to rush it, a few weeks more won't hurt.

Edited by teletom
  • Like 1

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

25 minutes ago, simon747 said:

I am happy with getting into the simulator at a good level and adding more functionality as the sim progress more and more functionality will evolve over time.  

I'm not

3 minutes ago, matsout said:

I'm not

Maybe should you try this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9mWxPAkZM

• Like 5

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

It's a shame that we people cannot see the pictures that they enclose to their forum posts :(

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

It's a shame that we people cannot see the pictures that they enclose to their forum posts 😞

You could just join the PMDG forum.....unless you need to be an owner of a PMDG product first, I am not sure about that one.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'm going to add my two cents to this. First and most importantly, I'm going to correct his post by adding the following statement that he should have included!

"TO THE COMMUNITY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONGOING SUPPORT AND PUSH TO HELP FORWARD OUR AGENDA. WITHOUT YOU, THIS ISSUE MAY HAVE CONTINUED TO PLAGUE THIS AIRCRAFT. WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR THE HELP GETTING THIS TO THE TOP OF THE PRIORITY LIST"

While I appreciate everything Randazzo wrote in his post, I'm disappointed that the community wasn't given any credit for helping move this. We were the squeaky wheel here and generated the necessary buzz to get this moving. I'm also cautiously optimistic about the ongoing issues he discusses. When he comments about his "worry list" it makes me think we are almost guaranteed something else to be a "show stopper". I'm excited like everyone else and I completely support PMDG, but lately I feel like the community has been jerked around with these hot/cold posts. So hopefully I can keep my glass half full going forward and maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised with some more positive information in the upcoming weeks.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

10 minutes ago, MarkW said:

unless you need to be an owner of a PMDG product first, I am not sure about that one.

No, forum account is seperate. Anyone can register.

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

although that is very good news, however, the development of PMDG 737 sometimes feels like an annoying drama with multiple seasons lol

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super