Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG Update: PMDG 737 now "unstuck" after talks with Asobo

9 minutes ago, RichUK said:

Randazzo street will be right back after the break..

Yeah he has a list of “worry items”, I think one of these items is “hello world” 😂 (those who know programming will know what I mean)

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

Yeah he has a list of “worry items”, I think one of these items is “hello world” 😂 (those who know programming will know what I mean)

lol yep! Not a programmer, but understand where you are coming from!

7 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Git is next on your list of teaching PMDG 😛 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I side with PMDG this time.   They ask the sim builder a question.  There is a Gaullic shoulder shrug and no answer.  

It is important to know when loading has finished so there is no chance of starting the next stage from a bad state.  Detecting it by observing other things is one thing but they may change,

If you have a car stopped  on a hill which has power brakes and you turn the ignition key,  turn the engine to start wait 5 seconds and release the brakes you may find you do not have any when you try to stop.

To be certain you do need a way to determine the engine is running and generally you do.

Question asked  not answered as everyone knows that, question asked not answered as everyone knows that,,,,,,how long can that go on before tempers are lost.

Harry Woodrow

17 minutes ago, harrry said:

Question asked  not answered as everyone knows that

Apparently that's not true. As mentioned in the Q&A, several other developers were able to figure the issue out and without all the drama. RSR made it seem like he was given the cold shoulder and today that was completely proven to be not true. So, someone here isn't telling the truth and I have an idea who that might be...............

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Who cares!  What a pointless discussion about who's issue it is.  The simulator has been out for a year and a half and now and it needs the PMDG 737 in it for sure!  lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simon

45 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

RSR made it seem like he was given the cold shoulder and today that was completely proven to be not true.

To be fair... what was proven? Two people said opposing things.  Each of them has a financial incentive in their own narrative being true. So how do you decide who to believe? 

Now, Randazzo / PMDG have been around a bit longer than this current team of sim designers, and they have quite a proven track record in the community.  The current sim designers on the other hand...

Point is, we don't know the full story. Likely we never will. But it seems odd to arbitrarily believe Jorge must be right and Randazzo must be wrong.  Things are rarely that black and white...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Andrew Crowley

11 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

To be fair... what was proven? Two people said opposing things.  Each of them has a financial incentive in their own narrative being true. So how do you decide who to believe? 

Now, Randazzo / PMDG have been around a bit longer than this current team of sim designers, and they have quite a proven track record in the community.  The current sim designers on the other hand...

Point is, we don't know the full story. Likely we never will. But it seems odd to arbitrarily believe Jorge must be right and Randazzo must be wrong.  Things are rarely that black and white...

how come the other devs just get on w things without causing drama? Ive been in MSFS since 95 and Ive seen Randazzo acting all 25+ years. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

1 minute ago, wiler said:

how come the other devs just get on w things without causing drama? Ive been in MSFS since 95 and Ive seen Randazzo acting all 25+ years. 

So it seems Iceman from FBW was right about the drama.

• Like 10

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

4 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

So it seems Iceman from FBW was right about the drama.

The FBW team is amazing.  They were able to do things with the MSFS SDK before other 3rd party devs were able to do it.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

29 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I couldn’t agree more specially knowing  Neumann is not adverse to embellish the reality as we have learned to know.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

37 minutes ago, wiler said:

Yes but... you've also seen PMDG do things no one else was doing.  They still are, by trying to stick with the multi-platform concept this sim is attempting to leverage. The other devs aren't supporting Xbox right? 

Might have something to do with it. 

Andrew Crowley

For everybodies sake : hopefully the SDK/Simconnect will be widely enhanced this year so PMDG, FsLabs , Prosim, FBS and others can make (semi) study level planes …..

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

11 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Yes but... you've also seen PMDG do things no one else was doing.  They still are, by trying to stick with the multi-platform concept this sim is attempting to leverage. The other devs aren't supporting Xbox right? 

Might have something to do with it. 

hmm? There are MANY 3rd party planes available for Xbox.