Sign in to follow this  
jon b

QW 787 missing in action?

15 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Any need for a reinstall of B787 after p3dv5.0 towards 5.3HF2?

Thanks for the configs above (HDR ON?,EA?)

Michael Moe

Hi Michael,

No, no need for a re-install. The QW787 seems to happily exist in the P3D folder structure after an update. So far with each successive update for v5, I the QW 787 continues to fire up as normal.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

5 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

lets hope they aren't waiting on Asobo to release on both platforms (could be a LONG LONG wait if they have an Asobo dependency).  Conversely I hope they don't handicap the P3D version because of MSFS limitations.

Cheers, Rob.

+1

6 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Speaking of TDFi who are still working on MD-11 for tandem release for P3D and MSFS ... lets hope they aren't waiting on Asobo to release on both platforms (could be a LONG LONG wait if they have an Asobo dependency).  Conversely I hope they don't handicap the P3D version because of MSFS limitations.

Seems to be little danger of that thankfully, TFDI have said they are aiming for a simultaneous release but if they hit a roadblock with the MSFS version they won't delay the P3D version if it's finished. The features they've demonstrated so far look very well-simulated so I'm optimisitic in regards to depth as well.

Edited by SimeonWilbury

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Curious what MSFS limitations would handicap the MD-11 for P3D? 

Based on what FBW and PMDG have been saying lately the wait time to seeing a PMDG bird in MSFS seems to be diminishing quickly.  Not sure what Asobo and MSFS limitations have to do with the QW787 thread at hand though.  

As for cart before the horse and feeling sorry for MSFS dev's the one's that "have managed" to release have made comments along the lines that they made more in MSFS sales than all other sims combined so it was certainly worth it for them. 

The odd service pack and new feature in P3D doesn't drive revenue so all it does other than "keeping people happy" is increase development costs unless that same feature is being implemented in MSFS without a re-code. 

If they can't sell a new feature then it is nothing more than a net loss as a business and that's not realistic even to keep people happy.

Now back to the QW787 thread rather than MSFS commentary:

Unlike PMDG there is no WX file with QW correct?  Just use the .ini referenced earlier in the thread to point to ASP3D?  Agree with @Rob_Ainscough it's great with the remote EFB and CDU.  I use both but also use them with the PMDG birds.  Awesome add-on if you have an old tablet or something laying around.

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Has anyone got any experience with this 787 soundpack?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Is the stuttering/static only coming through on my side? I keep hearing like a clipping/static/stuttering in the video...  Is that on my end? 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

No, I hear that too, perhaps not the best demonstration of a sound pack, they might have wanted to check that before putting the video on youtube, but I'm presuming its just the video and not the product that sounds like that 🤔

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

11 minutes ago, jon b said:

No, I hear that too, perhaps not the best demonstration of a sound pack, they might have wanted to check that before putting the video on youtube, but I'm presuming its just the video and not the product that sounds like that 🤔

I was thinking the same...  Demonstrating a sound pack with all that clipping does not signal a great attention to detail though LOL...  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Is there a config option to add a thrust level position indicator? That is very handy in the PMDG aircraft. I note that they have upgraded the cabin announcements since I last used this plane. The two announcements during descent and approach used to be played over each other on short "circuit" flights, but this seems to have been addressed. They also seem to have added an announcement during the initial climb phase. Very nice.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks Rob, luckily I think it's just the recorded video soundtrack on youtube that sounds funny as it sounds the same played back on my ipad, I'm not suffering sound issues anywhere else.

Just looking at your post scares me, I'll leave everything well alone as my tech knowledge is pre school level.🙂

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

I am sure that all of your real world 787 passengers will be overjoyed to read that last sentence, Jon :laugh:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I've had these sound "stutters" happen on two of my AMD PCs and one of my Intel PCs ... at first I thought it was an P3D problem, but when it happened while just watching a YouTube video I realized it was some OS/Hardware/Driver related.  However, because it's so rare it's VERY difficult to pinpoint.

I even did the Windows Driver Verifier process a cmd "verifier" (or from start menu) and sure enough it found some drivers that failed validation (in my case they were all Norton Antivirus drivers ... hmmm).  You can follow the driver validation process here... WARNING: tech knowledge intermediate ... as in you need to know how to recover from BSODs as when the driver fails it's reported on the BSOD screen and you'll get multiple BSODs on boot for each driver that fails the test.  If you get stuck in a BSOD loop you'll have to boot to Safe Mode and then run elevated CMD "verifier /reset" to disable the driver validation on boot ... I would ONLY recommend this process if you are sure your hardware is good, no OC issues, and you're getting frequent BSODs for no apparent reason.

I haven't had the audio stutter issue since I verified drivers and resolved the Norton issue, but it's pretty rare so I may just not have triggered the issue yet.

Cheers, Rob.

I don't have that clipping in any other YT videos and Jon and I both heard it in this video.  Pretty sure it is just how they recorded but a sound pack with a demo video with poor sound is a bit of a red flag LOL

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

@Christopher Low Well , I WAS referring to my PC knowledge , but I'm not  necessarily saying my 787 knowledge is much better though 😉

Funnily enough my real 787 also developed a sound problem last week, unbeknown to us on the flight deck the PA system got stuck on during the arrival, luckily the banter was at a minimum as we were below 10,000ft and had a "sterile cockpit" 😉 I dread to think what could have happened as political correctness normally gets turned off once the flight deck door is closed !

Perhaps you've heard the joke, which I won't repeat here, about just such an occasion. The punchline is as the flight attendant is rushing to the flight deck to make them aware an old lady in the front row says " no dear, he said after he'd landed" 

• Like 2

787 captain.  

36 minutes ago, psolk said:

Pretty sure it is just how they recorded but a sound pack with a demo video with poor sound is a bit of a red flag LOL

That's exactly what I thought as I slowly put my wallet back in my pocket unopened 

• Like 1

787 captain.  

On 1/27/2022 at 2:11 PM, jon b said:

Has anyone got any experience with this 787 soundpack?

Hi, I have it installed, there is no stuttering.
But there is no major upgrade of the cockpit environment equivalent to Immersive audio for e.g. Ngux, only an increase in the volume of existing audio files. I'm still happy with the product.
Greeting
Thor H

Thor H