Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Give Me A Reason To Fly To Australia (in the Kodiak)

I've never flown in Australia. 

But I'm open to new experiences.

Give me a route with the Kodiak 100 from, say, Munich, Germany, to Sydney. 

(Lol, I can see ORBX is already on it)

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

There's supposed to be several historical flights with the new aircraft. You can probably sub the Kodiak, change the pln file.

• Like 1

https://flightspots.co/

Just type in Australia in the search box , also plenty of flight plans over at flightsim.to .

Edited by johnbow72

To be honest Australia never interest me. Maybe a flight from WSSS to YSSY in PMDG 777. New Zealand seams better for this at the moment especially for GA flying. Kodiak or the Twotter.

Edited by jbdbow1970

At flightsim.to hold down a left click on Scenery and drag the mouse down to 'Scenery Map'. Look at Airports and Smaller Airfields freeware on the map.

Orbx Direct already has their sale prices on Australian scenery since yesterday. MSFS Marketplace will surely have more.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I don't know how much of an improvement there will be to the aerial imagery but Im sure the mesh will improve and cities like Canberra are supposed to be getting PG.  I would hope that Albury and YMAY would also have PG.  I used to love to fly in the area generally bounded by Melbourne, Tasmania, and RockHampton with Albury and Canberra being some of my most often visited places.  Im looking forward to relearning the area.

There are places I went all the time in Orbx AU but now I cant even remember where they were.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Because

It's

There

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

To be honest the vast part of our inland is flat with no trees and the occasional river - sans any water most of the time unless it is in flood instead.  Plenty of salt water crocs and snakes though 😄

However there is plenty of interesting flying along the coast.

For example:

YBNA -> YBCG -> YBBN -> YRED -> YCAB -> YCDR -> YBSU

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I've never flown in Australia. 

But I'm open to new experiences.

Give me a route with the Kodiak 100 from, say, Munich, Germany, to Sydney. 

(Lol, I can see ORBX is already on it)

I hope you have plenty of time on your hands to do this trip. There's an old saying " the slow boat to China" This would be the "slow flight ti australia". Have fun🙃

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

To be honest the vast part of our inland is flat with no trees and the occasional river -

I've flown tens of hours around Alice to the cute OZx dirt strips, it was fun 😉

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Riddle: "Why did the moron fly to Australia"?

Answer: "To get to the other side"!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

If you want to explore a place in the Kodiak I would STRONGLY recommend Papua New Guinea (PNG). There are a LOT of airfields and bush strips on Flightsim.to to download. Check out this guy who flies a Kodiak in PNG IRL (https://www.youtube.com/c/MissionarybushPilot)

• Like 1

Cheers

John Harris

P3D v4, Win10 64bit, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Multi Panel, Saitek Switch Panel, Saitek Radio Panel, Saitek FIP

6 minutes ago, hazbenz said:

If you want to explore a place in the Kodiak I would STRONGLY recommend Papua New Guinea (PNG). 

There are great flights to make in Idaho too but the topic of the day is Australia😆 !

It you want to go outside the beaten tracks (ie the Golden Coast and the Blue Mountains), there are two great areas to fly utility light aircraft : the Red desert out of Alice Springs which has interesting reliefs and the Torres Strait islands (of Nautilus fame) for instance. The Darwin area is interesting too as I recall from P3D.  

But, if I have learned one thing in MSFS it is to boldly go where no simmer has gone before and look for new flying grounds ! 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Flew from Hobart to Sydney to Hobart this morning in my Kodiak. Not an area of the world I normally fly but an old college friend lives in Hobart so I thought I'd take a look. I think they have done a stunning job with this update. Sydney especially was spectacular. I wish Asobo would revisit the UK and do it to the same standard. 

You can fly there to see if this guy is correct 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here