Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Give Me A Reason To Fly To Australia (in the Kodiak)

50 minutes ago, Chock said:

You can fly there to see if this guy is correct 🤣

this is why people need a license to breed, and why i see pod casters or influencers as humans

Edited by jeansy
  • Like 2

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

55 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

. The Darwin area is interesting too as I recall from P3D.  

But, if I have learned one thing in MSFS it is to boldly go where no simmer has gone before and look for new flying grounds ! 

well Darwin has had a massive facelift, the imagery now is from a weekend in june-Sep 2018 (pre wet season) opposed to 2013, not much difference in years however there has been huge changes just in that time frame including the post cyclone Marcus changes to the town after 2017

my suburb now exists as I can see my car, camper parked in front of my house that was previously bush

Edited by jeansy
  • Like 2

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

42 minutes ago, Chock said:

I can’t believe what I just watched. I was waiting for him to crack up laughing t the end but he didn’t. What in the world?? Excuse me what in the “flat earth”?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ajb376 said:

I can’t believe what I just watched. I was waiting for him to crack up laughing t the end but he didn’t. What in the world?? Excuse me what in the “flat earth”?

Same reaction here... he is no "fool", but is he serious? 🤫

Bert

Just flew into Sunshine Coast Airport in Queensland, looks great flying along the coast, nice beaches, good scenery, this is going to be a fun place to fly my Kodiak. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 hours ago, Chock said:

There is gotta be some mental health explanation for that LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just flew into Sunshine Coast Airport in Queensland, looks great flying along the coast, nice beaches, good scenery, this is going to be a fun place to fly my Kodiak. 

I haven't checked out the default YBSU yet Bob. But i do use this payware which is great. https://orbxdirect.com/product/shunts-ybsu-msfs

tpewpb-6.png

yes but ... what if he is right? can some users from down under comment and send proof images to show they are upright or upside down?

because according to this proof, why else would these guys write their letters upside down?

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

29 minutes ago, RW1 said:

I haven't checked out the default YBSU yet Bob. But i do use this payware which is great. https://orbxdirect.com/product/shunts-ybsu-msfs

Yeah I have no idea if this update fixed it (though I hope so)  but pre WU7 the game had you landing on an old closed North/South runway (18/36)  that has not been used for years and the real runway (13/31)  was totally missing,  whereas the Shunt Scenery YBSU used the actual current correct runway 13/31 and has pretty good detail of the airport and even some surrounding buildings in the vicinity.

The old YBSU Pre-2016

tnCMttB.jpg

Correct current YBSU

https://www.crc.id.au/xplane/charts/DAPS-2021-DEC-02/Sunshine Coast (YBSU).pdf

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

Having been to Australia, I can confirm that the constellations that are visible from both north and south of the equator e.g. Orion appear upside down relative to my usual  orientation seen from near Toronto.  Hard to believe people can believe this flat earth stuff.

Chris

• Like 3

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹɐ ʇɐɥʇ ʇol noʎ sᴉ ʇI

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝdʎʇ ʇou op suɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀

¿N∀ƎW ∩O⅄ Op ┴∀HM

• Like 4

Diana Ross and others have known this a long time, otherwise the song would have been revoked. but it wasn't. Glenn, please think again!

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

2 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Well the Aussie attitude is pretty much that we are simply the best and the rest of the world just needs to recognise it ....

that's what happens when you spend your whole life upside down.

very nice.