Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Landing the Kodiak at Hamilton Island

7 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

What an amazing addon Jose. More than worth the 15 bucks. tested it today and it is really awesome !

My pleasure in recommending it.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Currently my Kodiak and I are in Port Hardy British Columbia. You are making me calculate just how long it would take to get to Australia. Awhile, is what I have come up with lol. 

Thanks again for this Rock. Did the flight this morning in the C170 and it was gorgeous on my new system. Had just turned on ultra clouds and a great partly cloudy sky. Going to go down the coast to Brisbane from here. 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:39 PM, DJJose said:

Just purchased this today.  I had encountered this developer when I was a beta tester for Pro ATC X. Forgot all about this program over the years, but I see has done a lot of work on it, and has increased the number of ATC  clips dramatically and it syncs to what your comm radio is tuned to. Sounds great. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Wonderful video and landing.  The water and sand really are that colour around Hill Inlet and Gulnare inlet.  We beached our trailer sailor on a sandbank in the middle of Hill Inlet for a single night.  Beautiful sailing in there watching all the stingrays move away, but gosh the tiny sand-flies where nasty.

Anchoring offshore a bit in a decent sized rented yacht much more civilised when did that a few years later. 

There is a floating platform on the outer reef to the east of Whitsunday Island that can be reached by boat and helicopter.  You hear the helis going back and forth all day - wonder if someone will do a scenery rendition one day?   

Edited by RobF2
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 6:15 AM, jaytee73 said:

If you had waited a few days - Auscene will have a new Hamilton for you to buy - and will be better than the vanilla 

you landed at - did you notice - on the way in  - that the huge Marina that Hamilton is famous for  - was all under water

Honestly - in a lot of respects - this Aussie update was a joke - and yesterday - you flew over a 9 year old Gold Coast

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. But, do you not know about commas, periods and sentences? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. But, do you not know about commas, periods and sentences? 

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Where in the  heading for this topic did it include anything about a request for grammar criticism.

• Like 5

Harry Woodrow

4 hours ago, harrry said:

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Where in the  heading for this topic did it include anything about a request for grammar criticism.

Thanks Harry !! for that - just what I needed this morning, I presume  - an American -  commenting on an Englishman's Grammar👴

BTW - your number of posts are a little devilish !  🤣

On 2/9/2022 at 11:04 AM, bobcat999 said:

Yep!  I think it is universally accepted that MS / Asobo have done very well with this world update.  I really like it.

I took a few flights over Hobart Creek last night (from your previous video), and really enjoyed it.  I flew down the coast from Mackay.

I had CTD's here and there, so I had to keep loading back in, but I have since traced the problem. 
It was not MSFS related but due to my new PC build and the memory profile.  My RAM is failing Memtest occasionally - had about 12 Memtest errors in 10 minutes!
I will tweak the RAM profile until it is stable and solid tonight, then I might follow your route down the coast! :biggrin:

To those wanting the detail, I bought 32 GB of 4400 D4 (four sticks), but it won't do the XMP profile, or even the lower 4266.
It seems the manufacturer only guarantee this for the paired kits, so two sticks at a time or just the 16GB of RAM; it simply won't hold it with four sticks / 32GB. 😕
I have taken advice and have a profile with looser settings to try tonight.  I will give it a good few hours on Memtest to prove it is stable before trying again - then back to the gold coast!

I had a 16gb Corsair vengeance pro fail last week - that’s the first memory stick that’s failed on me ever - at least with the ones I own, experienced many when I was in IT.

ive since replaced with another pair, but the Corsair is under a lifetime warranty apparently so should be able to replace.

Edited by hanhamreds
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

8 hours ago, harrry said:

:laugh:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776