Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Pause/stutter every minute or so

13 minutes ago, Marc22 said:

download the updated hawaii mesh; work perfectly well

Thanks, wasn't notified of an update. I'll give it a go

There may be lots of other reasons, but the only 1 minute stutter I've experienced so far has been related to the auto-save that happens during Bush Trips. Like clockwork, every 60 seconds. 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

I had serious stutters and sound crackling in Vancouver area, every 45-60 seconds. After I disabled BC and Vancouver Island mesh add-ons, all is fine again. I may add, that I could fly in this area without any problems just some weeks ago. The same I have experienced in the Innsbruck area, where an Italian Alps mesh add-on was the culprit. It could also be a combination of two 'effects', as I have this issue when other demanding scenery is around. But I'm pretty sure, that mesh has something to do with it.

Could it be that MS/Asobo has changed something in the background that can cause some mesh add-ons not to work properly. I'm not sure from where exactly the sim gets its DEM data, but I guess they are streamed?

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I’ve just had this problem kick in. A pause for at least a second happening periodically. No 3rd party mesh involved. Flying near the west coast in the USA, completely vanilla.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

Yesterday I completed a full 5+ hr flight from Kiev BORYSPIL ( UKBB ) to Lisbon ( LPPT ) in the FBW A320 NEO without a signle signe of performance degradation.

I am on a Ryzen 5600x, RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB, 32 GB RAM and wn 11. I have MFS running in Dx11 because of the FBW A320, otherwise I use in in Dx12.

I set VSync and limit FPS to 30 in the simulator menu - nothing other than Power Management to "Best Performance" in NCP.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I have a brand new PC on windows 11 was getting a slight stutter and distorted sound every few minutes.  Traced it to a setting in the sound(more sound settings ) on the Realtek device I Disabled  the “use enhanced  sound “ and it has  gone away 

hope this helps 

• Like 3

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

On 2/18/2022 at 11:40 PM, Bilbosmeggins said:

I’ve just had this problem kick in. A pause for at least a second happening periodically. No 3rd party mesh involved. Flying near the west coast in the USA, completely vanilla.

This has been happening since the games launch. I too get it randomly, in spare areas and built up areas. I use 500mbit internet, so, it can’t be that. I just put it down to the Microsoft msfs servers. 

You are probably right. Although I haven’t delved deeply at all to try to remedy the problem. Having said that, do PC and Xbox users share the same servers? I have both formats and haven’t, as yet, experienced any stuttering to speak of on Xbox.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

An out of date version of the PMS50 GTN750 has caused this issue for me in the past. Actually with a ‘too old’ version and recently the latest version which I just downgraded again.

REX Weather Force also leads to this issue on my system... always happens after the first weather update.

I found this happening at predictable locations after I updated my nVidia drivers.  So I rolled back to 472.12  only to find the problem still there.  So I rolled back to a week old system backup (which had the 472.12  drivers) and the problem is gone.

In my case, something about the driver install is changing something that introduces this pause. Only solution at present is NOT to update the drivers.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

On 2/18/2022 at 1:43 PM, Nemo said:

I had serious stutters and sound crackling in Vancouver area, every 45-60 seconds. After I disabled BC and Vancouver Island mesh add-ons, all is fine again.

The Vancouver Island mesh had to be disabled on my system as well.  This is after it worked just fine for many months.

MS/Asobo changed something.

• Like 1

Bert

I had the same problem without VR.

What I did was: Reset the NVIDIA 3D settings to default. This helped A LOT ! And I discovered that I had a process running in the background from Acronis backup software. So I deinstalled this and the problem was gone completely. And I'm using NVIDIA drivers 497.29.

Everything works fine now with an outdated i7-3770K and a NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super.

I never had these framerates in P3D...

10 hours ago, smoothchat said:

Only solution at present is NOT to update the drivers.

Better solution: Download and keep the drivers that work and try every version after that so you can test the new ones and if they fail, go back to the working ones. At least it's worth a try !

Hopefully some marvellous citizen can help me on this. I had a stutter free sim till a week ago, now its impossible, massive stutters, vision and sound constantly.

Different areas with or without addon mesh. Alps mesh, Hawaii default.

Dialled back my settings, disabled recent mods, turned off bing maps, weather, traffic, still no joy.

Updated drivers for 5700xt , 64gb ram , Ryzen9 3700 cpu , it all was working well, 

I only have one server to access Western Europe at 40 mbs , is this normal?

Whether its on screen or in VR I get the same stutters, have Asobo  or MS messed with the streaming for the Beta testing would anyone know, that's the only thing I can hope to presume what's causing this.

Thanks in advance,

@Chock if you would, you are the other side of the hills from me, is your sim behaving ok?