Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight Bae 146 update

Probably spark a wave of differing opinions and apologies if it's already been answered but I'm really tempted by the 146 but also the MD-80! 😂

If I were to only buy one, which one should it be? I have to say I'm leaning more to the 146 at the moment as the cockpit looks nicer to me (don't know what it is but I just love analog cockpits!) and Just Flight just seem to be knocking it out the park with these MSFS releases - their PA28 aircraft must be my most flown to date.

• Like 3

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Having both, I will say the 146 with no hesitation, but I will keep an eye on the updates for the MD

• Like 3

I also have both, but have been flying the 146 mostly since launch. both are totally different, with the MD80 a bit more complex. The MD 80 suprisingly could do with an update of the sounds, of which i think are pretty poor for a premium product.Also some textures need work on them to bring the aircraft into what is capable in MSFS.

Just Flight on the other hand seem to have nailed it with the chunky BAe 146, and for the price point, At the moment you wont get much better imo.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Thanks, interesting to know!

I guess also as a Brit I feel swayed towards the 146 being generally more popular in Europe than the MD-80. I know there were notable exceptions such as SAS and Alitalia but there have been comparatively fewer operators of the DC9 family over here than in North America, I don't actually know of any UK operators of the type.

That and also the STOL performance of the 146 makes it good for some of our smaller airports!

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

2 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

Probably spark a wave of differing opinions and apologies if it's already been answered but I'm really tempted by the 146 but also the MD-80! 😂

If I were to only buy one, which one should it be?

Both are great but the -146 is definitely a better value for money purchase IMHO.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

46 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I guess also as a Brit I feel swayed towards the 146 being generally more popular in Europe than the MD-80

SAS, Iberia,  Alitalia, Austrian, Spanair, Swissair. Combined they must've had 300 something airframes buzzing around Europe at its peak.  Was the Bae146 even produced beyond 300 airframes? (not counting the Avro RJ) 🙂

Not to take away anyting from the beautiful Bae146.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, Tom Wright said:

Thanks, interesting to know!

I guess also as a Brit I feel swayed towards the 146 being generally more popular in Europe than the MD-80. I know there were notable exceptions such as SAS and Alitalia but there have been comparatively fewer operators of the DC9 family over here than in North America, I don't actually know of any UK operators of the type.

That and also the STOL performance of the 146 makes it good for some of our smaller airports!

British Midland had a lot of DC-9's and Paramount had 4 MD82's in the late 80's 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramount_Airways_Limited

But I'm definitely in the 146 camp - it fits MSFS perfectly, a brilliant plane and you can even see out of it 🙂

Edited by keithb77
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, keithb77 said:

Click on the Pax total box, it flashes a green outline, type the # of pax as 3 digits (e.g. 077) and hit enter

Well, this is exactly what I do. It mostly doesn't recognize the "Enter" and flashes indefinately green. Tried both "Enter" keys to no avail.

8 minutes ago, Schorle said:

Well, this is exactly what I do. It mostly doesn't recognize the "Enter" and flashes indefinately green. Tried both "Enter" keys to no avail.

I found this hit or miss myself.  Using number keys will also activate atc because the EFB doesn’t take exclusive control of your key presses.  They need to fix this.

Edited by Gilandred

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

6 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

Probablemente provoque una ola de opiniones diferentes y disculpas si ya se ha respondido, ¡pero estoy realmente tentado por el 146 pero también por el MD-80! 😂

Si tuviera que comprar solo uno, ¿cuál debería ser? Debo decir que me inclino más por el 146 en este momento, ya que la cabina me parece más agradable (¡no sé qué es, pero me encantan las cabinas analógicas!) y Just Flight parece estar arrasando en el parque. con estos lanzamientos de MSFS, su avión PA28 debe ser el que más volé hasta la fecha.

MD-82 is one of the best simulations of all time. I like the Bae a lot but for me it plays in a different league. 

2 hours ago, Schorle said:

Hmm, works for me...but I am using the original release version-don't know if that's significant?

2 hours ago, Pinello said:

Anyone with experience from both the x-plane and msfs version? How do they compare?

Similar in functionality, look and feel.  I think MSFS has better sounds (eg flap deployment) and probably a better FMS (although I generally fly IFR/VOR).  They are both great versions, although the MSFS one has the advantage of being surrounded by the rest of MSFS....  🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

9 hours ago, Aglos77 said:

MD-82 is one of the best simulations of all time. I like the Bae a lot but for me it plays in a different league. 

Yeah. It's really no insult to JF to say that. Leonardo is just in a different league, and that's OK. The JF plane is still very good.

1 minute ago, eslader said:

Yeah. It's really no insult to JF to say that. Leonardo is just in a different league, and that's OK. The JF plane is still very good.

Just curious but in what way is Leonardo in a different league?  As far as I can tell both aircraft are modeled to be more or less “study level” for that specific aircraft type.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR