Sign in to follow this  
Alaska738

KRNT SEATTLE RENTON

Phew!

• Like 2

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Wow looks amazing, great animation. Looking forward to it. Amazing job as always DD!

Edited by TurboKen
  • Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

talk about time lapse, great fps. working fast and furious to compete with Airbus. 😀

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I wonder how long before I can get it on Orbx Downloader. I like to keep all my scenery purchases centralized. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

how can the 737's take off from a lousy 5383 ft. runway when

"A Boeing 737 requires a landing runway length of about 6800 feet . Also the runway length required to takeoff is about 9700 feet."

"What is the shortest runway A 737 can take off?
"Of the former, the Boeing 737-100 can operate on runways of 1,830 m (6,000 ft), The smallest variant of the Airbus A320, the A318, only needs 1,780 m (5,840 ft)"

is that without seats and no pilots and just a pint of jet fuel?

Those numbers are way off, where did you get them from? A 737 can operate just fine out of Renton (as Boeing producing them there evidently shows). Takeoffs under 9500 ft are common and at most you'd have to use a flap setting greater or two if conditions and payload require this and mostly only on the 900ER only anyway. Landing rolls required are also not rare to be below 6000 ft close to 5000 ft using higher autobrake settings. This is all under normal airline ops weights. Of course you're not getting this performance on a loaded transcon flight and are limited at high weights and/or weather, elevation, etc. but 737s routinely operate out of and into short fields. An empty aircraft on a test or delivery flight won't have an issue at Renton.

KSNA's 20R for example is only 5700 ft as well and you still see 737s flying out of there to Hawaii. In this case, payload limitations are often in place to reduce weight but you'll still have a decent load factor to make it worthwhile to airlines.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

18 minutes ago, threegreen said:

where did you get them from

https://mediawiki.ivao.aero/index.php?title=Use_of_takeoff_charts_(B737)

http://edusapco-va.weebly.com/uploads/8/9/7/6/8976510/737700performance.pdf

I understand they normally don't take off (except for 200 paying avsim volunteers)  in test flights at MTOW at Renton 😀

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

(NOTE:  I posted this originally in a thread on the topic of this scenery in the Screen Shot Forum.)

After seeing some folks who HAD NOT purchased the product opining that the trailer video was deceptive because the trailer was “time lapsed” or filmed at slower than normal speed and then sped up to normal so as to imply a decent frame rate. The poster then went on to suggst that obviously the frames are bad, because...

So...I purchased and installed and tested. It took me awile to find the factory LOL. At first I went to the big Boeing hanger near the runway. That hanger is empty from what I could see. Looking at photos such as these I found the assembly plant and using the showcase camera and an Xbox controller I was able to quickly “walk” to the plant and walk right in and witness about five minutes of an assembly including placing the fuselage, wings, and wheel assemblies. During this (which I filmed)  I maintained anywhere between 35 to 40 FPS with stutters only when the animation loops stop/start and then only a smidge. 

On my system, i9700k (stock speeds), RTX3070ti (8gb) and 32 gigs of 3200 RAM I found the whole thing pleasing and probably the most amazing thing I’ve seen in MSFS to date!

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, btacon said:

The poster then went on to suggest that obviously the frames are bad

He did not say they were necessarily bad, but that time lapse videos are often abused to pretend a smoother performance than there is in real flight.  I and many others got burnt in the past. (check virtuali's post above). I am glad you confirmed this is not that case here, thanks!

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

Bought it on the premise from other users that the FPS was good for a change. Ive been having a rough old time with DD, their UUEE and Chicago stuff is badly optimised in my humble opinion. Anyway picked this up with the promise of a minor FPS hit...well i got 15fps whilst droning about. Pretty disappointing again. I dont understand how a scenery like this with minimal animation and a few buildings can really struggle on my high end system where i can take part in a 60fps F1 race on a fully rendered track with 20 cars and dynamic weather with ray tracing.

Boggles the mind.

Edited by Ant1975uk
  • Like 2

welcome new poster. what's your hardware (CPU/GPU) and resolution?

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.

4 hours ago, Doering said:

Excellent and impressive screen captures!

Thanks! 😉 

4 hours ago, psolk said:

Where did that PMDG bird come from???  Yes, I caught that LOL.  Great shots!  

It's in development. But no release date planned for the moment 😉 Thanks! 🙂 

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

It would be great if Drzewiecki Design could develop Boeing Field. 

t-l-chargement

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

welcome new poster. what's your hardware (CPU/GPU) and resolution?

Hi Turbo, Ryzen7, 3060ti.

Seems to have settled a bit now however i have no static planes and i cant seem to get them back. Tried reinstalling but no dice.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

It would be great if Drzewiecki Design could develop Boeing Field. 

I won't be surprised if they didn't seeing they did Seattle Airports for P3D which included KRNT, KSEA, KBFI and KPAE.

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I won't be surprised if they didn't seeing they did Seattle Airports for P3D which included KRNT, KSEA, KBFI and KPAE.

I just checked. So yes, you'll have to be patient.

t-l-chargement