Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

What is the date for next update

4 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Again....it's not the delay, it's the REASONING for the delay. FYI they've been lambasted on other social media outlets, the beusement to their reasons have left users baffled far and wide not just here on AVSim

But the reason for the delay is irrelevant. What difference does it make? Why do you think you need an explanation? Who cares if the reason they are giving is valid or ridiculous? 

My god, how do some of you function in the real world outside of MSFS? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Again....it's not the delay, it's the REASONING for the delay. FYI they've been lambasted on other social media outlets, the beusement to their reasons have left users baffled far and wide not just here on AVSim

The only difference between Avsim and other social media is, here when you say the delay is not the complaint but the reason behind the delay, people keep coming at you mocking you as a baby who can't wait for another 2 days.

That's why this thread is so long. You consistently have to repeat the same thing and loud people keep coming saying something to you that is completely irrelevant.

Or you just might give up.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Double post

Edited by Noooch

16 minutes ago, bendead said:

Same here, if a Q&A session was programmed, did not see anything on MSFS forum, I could understand why they would not do it.

I am not clear about tomorrow's Q&A. I understand there are two sorts of them, the ones geared towards the general users (us) and the ones focussing on developers. The ones for general users collected usually questions in advance, but I don't see a forum branch for questions this time. Did I miss it or is this Q&A specific for developers?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, 6297J said:

But the reason for the delay is irrelevant. What difference does it make? Why do you think you need an explanation? Who cares if the reason they are giving is valid or ridiculous? 

My god, how do some of you function in the real world outside of MSFS? 

Ok I respect your viewpoint, it would be nice if you could respect others 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Ok I respect your viewpoint, it would be nice if you could respect others 🙂

What would be 'nice' is if on reading that the update was being delayed for two days because of a plane crash people would just say 'fair enough' and move on instead of acting like it's some huge conspiracy. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here 😄

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here 😄

There is the internet, and then there is this place 😁

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pmb said:

I am not clear about tomorrow's Q&A. I understand there are two sorts of them, the ones geared towards the general users (us) and the ones focussing on developers. The ones for general users collected usually questions in advance, but I don't see a forum branch for questions this time. Did I miss it or is this Q&A specific for developers?

Kind regards, Michael

SDK Q&A would be weird since Asobo used the Q&A close to a world update to tell us what region will be next. And since the section where you ask questions is missing, maybe we won't have Q&A at all for some time.

You will know when all your add-on's suddenly break, and the sim has a bunch of new Bugs!!!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

Since nobody did, I'll do it :

RIP to all on MU5735 

2Low2Slow

Edited by TooLowTooSlow
fat thumbs
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Again....it's not the delay, it's the REASONING for the delay.

Considering the update is not urgently needed to fix a terminal bug (its just free scenery) AND the length of delay is just two days, the reasoning is more or less immaterial.  The reasoning may be more relevant as the need for an update and length of delay increases.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

The only difference between Avsim and other social media is, here when you say the delay is not the complaint but the reason behind the delay, people keep coming at you mocking you as a baby who can't wait for another 2 days.

That's why this thread is so long. You consistently have to repeat the same thing and loud people keep coming saying something to you that is completely irrelevant.

Or you just might give up.

People like yourself seem to take the view the length of delay is irrelevant. People like me feel the relevency is affected by length of delay AND what has been delayed.

IMHO, the reason for the delay is irrelevant considering it is a scenery update and just two days delay.  However, if the update was to fix a broken MSFS then relevancy would be more important.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

There was no serious bug with the update that caused the delay behind the scenes. These things are a slow-moving process and of course for updates like these it is necessary to get certification much more than 2 days before an update is to release. The update has already been certified and is ready.

This is quite literally exactly what it says on the tin: the team felt it inappropriate to celebrate flight in light of such a serious crash, and felt giving a bit of space would be the respectful thing to do. Two days doesn't seem like a very long time for us simmers to wait to give this tragic event a little breathing room, in the same way that the previous dev Q&A was scaled back a bit in the light of the invasion of Ukraine. We recognize that life doesn't begin and end in the simulator; there's a great big world to give due deference to.

That's all, no more and no less, no tinfoil hats necessary. 🙂

• Like 15
  • Upvote 4