Sign in to follow this  
Scimiter

DC Designs Concorde on sale.

Changelog:

v1.0.2
- Changes to Autopilot MAX CLIMB ( now pitch-based with new IAS values )
- Further additions to Interactive Checklist to assist in Fuel Transfer procedure
- Further additions to Interactive Checklist to assist in CLIMB and DESCENT procedure ( bypassing MSFS autothrottle problems )
- FO CDI indicator reversal fixed
- Multiple AUTOLAND precision ILS approaches tested and confirmed working ( LAX, Heathrow, Filton, Bristol, Gatwick, Inverness )

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Gate 421 was the one used. 

Thanks, Ray.

Was Gate 421 the only gate used? I seem to remember, from the ITVV DVD, that they were parked at Gate V14? I'm quite unfamiliar with the gates at Heathrow, so I don't know ... 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

48 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Thanks, Ray.

Was Gate 421 the only gate used? I seem to remember, from the ITVV DVD, that they were parked at Gate V14? I'm quite unfamiliar with the gates at Heathrow, so I don't know ... 🙂

I suspect  the different names refer to what the pilot was navigated to and the gate number the passengers saw. For speed of boarding it was positioned as close to the terminal as possible. If you watch the ITVV video you'll see the pushback is somewhat convoluted due to it being so close to the terminal building.

If that gate number isn't available in the default MSFS I don't know why. As fas as I know those gates would still be available although these days of course BA would use T5.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

That's what I'm understanding as well... it's a *marketplace* requirement, so in order to be admitted entry there, some gating factors/requirements (possibly influenced by XBox) come into play.

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

On 4/8/2022 at 3:34 PM, anden145 said:

Thanks, Ray.

I’m watching the ITVV DVD now and V14 is also shown on the gate. But looking at EGLL ground charts there are no gate numbers currently shown as V14. The taxiway was Victor and Concorde’s position was the closest stand to the terminal building facing west.

Gate 421 appears to be the current equivalent given the video was shot in August 1996, a rather scary 26 years ago. 😳

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m watching the ITVV DVD now and V14 is also shown on the gate. But looking at EGLL ground charts there are no gate numbers currently shown as V14. The taxiway was Victor and Concorde’s position was the closest stand to the terminal building facing west.

Gate 421 appears to be the current equivalent given the video was shot in August 1996, a rather scary 26 years ago. 😳

Thanks a lot, Ray for checking... 🙂

A question: Does the Concorde have an airframe designation (if that's what it's called?) ? I mean (for instance):

• B772 - Boeing 777-200
  • B77L - Boeing 777-200LR
  • A333 - Airbus A330-30
  • etc...

Did Concorde have such a designation or did it never get one?

EDIT:
Apparently it doesn't?! At least I cannot find one, when searching through ICAO's database ...

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

5 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Thanks a lot, Ray for checking... 🙂

A question: Does the Concorde have an airframe designation (if that's what it's called?) ? I mean (for instance):

• B772 - Boeing 777-200
  • B77L - Boeing 777-200LR
  • A333 - Airbus A330-30
  • etc...

Did Concorde have such a designation or did it never get one?

Pretty certain it was CONC. Probably not in that database as it no longer flies.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 4/8/2022 at 9:01 AM, abrams_tank said:

Yes, If you buy it for PC anywhere but the market place, i.e. from just flight, you will have the full featured version, if you buy from the Marketplace for pc/xbox when available you will get the version scaled for X-box without the cabin features etc.

Edited by Simple B
  • Like 1

How are you all getting on? Plenty of successful flights I trust.

I’ve watched a few YT videos and a few stuck out for the wrong reasons. One had the aircraft at FL500 but still subsonic. 😳 What on earth was going on there I have no idea.

Another didn’t turn off the reheats until Mach 2 was achieved. How on earth he didn’t run out of fuel I know not.

And a third had no commentary at all. So how is anyone meant to learn anything. Self-promotion seems to be his overriding priority.

Another seemed to be doing okay from EGLL to KJFK but you reach the accel point within 30 mins but way beyond that he was still over land and because no map was ever shown I had no idea what his routing was. Again, not very helpful to anyone wanting to learn how to fly Concorde properly.

I cannot emphasise enough the importance to stick to the rules.

Optimum subsonic altitude before supersonic flight is FL280, Mach 0.95.

Reheats on for transonic climb and they must go off at Mach 1.7.

To get the range you must decelerate to 350Kts IAS before following a fixed descent path where throttles are reduced at specific points.

Only if you follow those steps will you complete the flight as the real pilots did.

• Like 5

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

How are you all getting on? Plenty of successful flights I trust.

I’ve watched a few YT videos and a few stuck out for the wrong reasons. One had the aircraft at FL500 but still subsonic. 😳 What on earth was going on there I have no idea.

Another didn’t turn off the reheats until Mach 2 was achieved. How on earth he didn’t run out of fuel I know not.

And a third had no commentary at all. So how is anyone meant to learn anything. Self-promotion seems to be his overriding priority.

Another seemed to be doing okay from EGLL to KJFK but you reach the accel point within 30 mins but way beyond that he was still over land and because no map was ever shown I had no idea what his routing was. Again, not very helpful to anyone wanting to learn how to fly Concorde properly.

Give me a break! I'm still a rookie. 😀

I'm having a blast learning how to hand fly & using the AP. I'm also still trying to understand how to transfer the fuel and all other SOPs. I still have no idea of how to tune and listen to the nav radio. LOL

On my last flight I had an issue where the NAV arrow in the HSI was pointing the wrong way.

When on approach to TBPB, I was in AT mode, I put the visor down and got a low power noise. I had to disable Auto Throttle and add power manually. The ILS indicators did not show up on the HSI even though the correct ILS frequency was entered.

Thankfully I use LNM for situational awareness an still managed to align myself with the runway and land safely.

I'm having a "blast" with this add-on.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks a lot, @Ray Proudfoot for all your comments and insight and help with this aircraft.

Two questions, though:

1. I managed to fly a route from LHR-JFK, although (I must have set something up wrong!) I - around midway - had no way of trimming the aircraft, as both my trim-tanks were empty, and I couldn't (for the life of me) figure out how to pump fuel from the other tanks to the trim-tanks? If that's even possible?
  2. How do you know what the optimum cruise altitude is? Is there some rule of thumb to go by or, is there somewhere I can see it?

Thanks again, Ray for all your help.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

3 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Thanks a lot, @Ray Proudfoot for all your comments and insight and help with this aircraft.

Two questions, though:

1. I managed to fly a route from LHR-JFK, although (I must have set something up wrong!) I - around midway - had no way of trimming the aircraft, as both my trim-tanks were empty, and I couldn't (for the life of me) figure out how to pump fuel from the other tanks to the trim-tanks? If that's even possible?
  2. How do you know what the optimum cruise altitude is? Is there some rule of thumb to go by or, is there somewhere I can see it?

Thanks again, Ray for all your help.

I've watched this video, but have no idea if it's SOP:

• Like 1

@DJJose, I wasn’t criticising, just asking how people were doing as it has gone quiet.

Transferring fuel to get a correct CG involves tanks 9 & 10 at the front and 11 further aft. CG should be 53% for take-off and isn’t touched until Mach 0.7 when you should start to move fuel from 9 to 11 until 11 holds approx 10.5T. Once 9 is empty 10 will be used and once 10.5T in 11 anything remaining goes to 5 and 8.

Once 9 and 10 are empty CG should be 59% or very close.

Fuel from the two wing tanks - 5A and 7A is then transferred to 5 and 7. CG should remain at 59%.

Once tanks 5 and 8 are empty 6 and 7 are used. Those four tanks feed fuel into the main collector tanks 1-4 that feed the engines.

Once you start the descent fuel needs moving from 11 into 5 and 8 with a small amount going into tank 9 to ensure CG is 53% for landing.

By the time you’re landing 11 will be empty and fuel will only be in tanks 1-4 and 9.

You're doing the right thing in hand flying to get used to handling. The radio thing can be answered by the support team.

Be aware EGLL-TBPB was right at Concorde’s range and often had a reduced pax load. It is the most challenging of flights even with the FSL model where fuel balancing can be handled accurately.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Corrected tank numbers.
  • Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Latest update which includes new sounds, and other tweaks is available on Just Flight site now . V 1.0.3

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Latest update which includes new sounds, and other tweaks is available on Just Flight site now . V 1.0.3

You beat me to it.

• Like 2