Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

Milvitz 310R VS FSW 414W

Not sure which one to get as both look superb.  But I only want to buy one.  

Woe is me. 😕

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Is the 310R out yet? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Well, the 414 is available now and its excellent. Even in beta it's better than anything else I've been flying lately IMO.

Get both! They both are/will be modeled as the highest fidelity GA aircraft available in this simulator. Though I do love my Kodiak and JF Arrow's as well.

• Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I went with the one that you can purchase.  I would like the MilviZ 310 very much too but there just isn't any way to tell how much long you'll still be waiting.   The additional cost is worth it to me to control my own destiny.  And actually the 414 is so word not allowed nice that I might not get it's little brother.

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

LOL perhaps wait for the 310R to come out... and see some reviews. But in general, the 414 is good up high, the 310 likes to be a bit lower. I like what I see from Milviz. They make a good product, although the porter texturing was off in my opinion. The 414 looks nice, but too many bugs right now. And at least in the videos, the sounds don't do it for me. Maybe later it gets better. I am waiting on the 310, and will probably buy it first day. 

• Like 1

I've had the c414 since last week. I consider it to be the best product available in GA next to the Arrow and Warrior from JustFlight. Even somewhat superior to the Kodiak in my opinion (in the flight modeling section). When the MilviZ 310 is on sale, I'm sure I'll buy it too. Sure  it will be on par with (or surpass?) the Flysimware Chancellor. They are different airplanes, normal aspired engines vs turbo and pressurization. Both would complement each other perfectly depending on what type of flying.

• Like 2

Does the FSW 414W have something like the C310's 'owned' mode and realistic failures? That's what I am looking forward to! I am a bit unsure about the graphics quality of the 310 though... I don't think I will ever buy an addon plane without something like that owned mode...

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Stoopy said:

I would like the MilviZ 310 very much too but there just isn't any way to tell how much long you'll still be waiting.   

I have the pleasure to beta-test the 310, it has progressed very far. My personal impression - not based on anything the developers said - is that the wait will not be too long anymore. It is a brilliant airplane already, the "owned" mode really changes how you conduct your flights. 

Visuals are very good, though sometimes subtle. For instance, I once complained that the screws on the engine covers were not 3D/PBR. However, they actually are fully modelled, it is just that in the real airplane these screws are flush to minimize drag. As a consequence, they look a bit flat from cockpit view, but if you zoom in you can see the attention to detail given to this beautiful model.

In my opinion, the only airplane in MSFS that can currently compete with the Milviz 310 is the PMDG DC-6. Two very different airplanes, but both created with incredible devotion and skill.

Peter

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

In my opinion, the only airplane in MSFS that can currently compete with the Milviz 310 is the PMDG DC-6. Two very different airplanes, but both created with incredible devotion and skill.

Peter

As far as simulation I would say the B247 Wing 42 surpasses the Milviz 310 (when released) or the PMDG DC-6 but I guess it don't have a GPS it don't count?

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Does the FSW 414W have something like the C310's 'owned' mode and realistic failures? That's what I am looking forward to! I am a bit unsure about the graphics quality of the 310 though... I don't think I will ever buy an addon plane without something like that owned mode...

The 414AW is a very nice aircraft but from what I've seen the C310 has its own little gems.
We are spoiled with all the new aircraft coming out this season and each aircraft seems to move the bar a little higher (and in different directions).
Too bad we can't have all these features in all aircraft but given time each developer will copy some of these ideas in their next products.

Edited by orchestra_nl
  • Like 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

16 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Well, the 414 is available now and its excellent. Even in beta it's better than anything else I've been flying lately IMO.

Get both! They both are/will be modeled as the highest fidelity GA aircraft available in this simulator. Though I do love my Kodiak and JF Arrow's as well.

The 414 is one of the best aircraft I've yet seen in VR.  It's truly amazing. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, Dillon said:

The 414 is one of the best aircraft I've yet seen in VR.  It's truly amazing. 

I believe you but I don't have VR haha.

The Milviz teams makes great planes but I unfortunately didn't appreciate their porter enough. I mostly fly the Kodiak for the bush trips or crazy approaches.

There is nothing wrong with owning both, you know. 😁

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

2 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

As far as simulation I would say the B247 Wing 42 surpasses the Milviz 310 (when released) or the PMDG DC-6 but I guess it don't have a GPS it don't count?

One thing I like about the 310 are the radio options. If you like GPS, you can use a GTN 750, but if you like to fly old-school, you can remove GPS units completely, just AP and nav radios 🙂

I haven't tried out the B247 yet, but I think I can say that there are real 310 pilots among the beta testers, and the developers listen closely to their input. There were a few things that appeared unusual to me when testing the plane. For instance, the 310 is hard to slow down, you have to think ahead during descent. All the unusual things were confirmed as realistic by those pilots.

Peter

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

but if you like to fly old-school, you can remove GPS units completely, just AP and nav radios

Ah, yes, forgot about that! That's another reason why I am looking forward to the 310! Owned mode, realistic failures and old school equipment if you want to! I really like some VOR-flying every now and then!

There are a lot of positive comments and reviews about the C414, but I’m personally a bit disappointed about this plane. There are a quite a lot of avionics bugs, the custom avionics have that fsx portover look, the flightmodel has that typical msfs twitchy rudder axis.

But most of all there is no state saving or “ownership”. That puts it in the same class as Carenado planes (which looks nicer imho).

Especially for the price they are asking for their Beta release (get it now before prices go up…)

But, like i said, most people are very positive about it.  So it’s just my opinion.

Looking forward to trying out the C310R