Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

[18APR] 737 Update: NDA lifted (15:00z)

How much is this bird going to cost again?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

50 minutes ago, DJJose said:

A lot. Given the effort put into hyping it up. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

A lot. Given the effort put into hyping it up. 

56 minutes ago, DJJose said:

No confirmed price but they have hinted that will be happy. I think the feeling is a lot cheaper than what’s been before which would be inline with the bigger customer base available on MSFS.

• Like 5

I wish those complaining about the cost of this kind of thing were made to be part of a dev team for a few weeks. 

Just give them a simple system - brakes for example, then set them about figuring out how to implement that into a simulator. I know the systems of my aircraft well, but I can't BEGIN to fathom the complexity of even gaining a detailed understanding of any specific system, let alone getting it in a simulator.

It's also irritating to see people complaining about the exposure this aircraft is getting. It's pretty clear to me that the entry of PMDG/A2A/Fenix is a seismic event for MSFS, and frankly when those big boys are putting out good content, MSFS will just leave everything else in the dust. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

It's pretty clear to me that the entry of PMDG/A2A/Fenix is a seismic event for MSFS, and frankly when those big boys are putting out good content, MSFS will just leave everything else in the dust. 

I agree.  I think the PMDG 737, Fenix A320, Maddog, and BAe 146 coming out could be another inflection point with MSFS.  MSFS started pulling ahead of its competitors in the last Navigraph survey, but things can really pick up for MSFS once the first batch of high fidelity airliners are released, which will allow MSFS to put a larger and larger gap between itself and its competitors.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I agree.  I think the PMDG 737, Fenix A320, Maddog, and BAe 146 coming out could be another inflection point with MSFS.  MSFS has already pulled ahead of its competitors in the last Navigraph survey, but things can really pick up for MSFS once the first batch of high fidelity airliners are released, which will allow MSFS to put a larger and larger gap between itself and its competitors.

Yes but I think people putting the BAE next to PMDG/Fenix/Leo are overhyping it a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

I wish those complaining about the cost of this kind of thing were made to be part of a dev team for a few weeks. 

Just give them a simple system - brakes for example, then set them about figuring out how to implement that into a simulator. I know the systems of my aircraft well, but I can't BEGIN to fathom the complexity of even gaining a detailed understanding of any specific system, let alone getting it in a simulator.

It's also irritating to see people complaining about the exposure this aircraft is getting. It's pretty clear to me that the entry of PMDG/A2A/Fenix is a seismic event for MSFS, and frankly when those big boys are putting out good content, MSFS will just leave everything else in the dust. 

My god man, every post you make is an absolute home run. Well said.

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I hope Chewwy94 turns down all the alerts. Last time there was a big demo no one could really enjoy the stream due to all the subscribers alerts, etc.

• Like 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I hope Chewwy94 turns down all the alerts. Last time there was a big demo no one could really enjoy the stream due to all the subscribers alerts, etc.

Tbf I think he’s obliged to announce his subscribers, these are the guys that tune in daily an that’s his bread and butter at the end of the day.. Can be annoying though I agree but I’ll just mute the first 10 mins while it settles down an we can get to the meat an gravy then… Not sure how I got 4 food references in there, must be hungry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carts85 said:

Tbf I think he’s obliged to announce his subscribers, these are the guys that tune in daily an that’s his bread and butter at the end of the day.. Can be annoying though I agree but I’ll just mute the first 10 mins while it settles down an we can get to the meat an gravy then… Not sure how I got 4 food references in there, must be hungry.

I see where your coming from. Last time there was a major pre-release, I think it was Sharklets with a Dev Q&A, it was a joint stream with another user. Thankfully we were able to switch to the other stream to actually hear what the developer had to say. I’m just thinking this will turn out to be his largest users count to date.

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I watched the PMDG 737 Tow out at Renton video & they talked about versions.

I think the 700 is the first to be releaed?

How many versions are coming out & which is the most popular in the real world?

T45

1 hour ago, 2reds2whites said:

Absolutely... for me it's more telling and amusing than irritating. Seems obvious that the entry of a highly complex bird like PMDG's into the MSFS world has many detractors tied up in pretzels trying to find faults, concern troll and everything else they try so hard at. Because it is indeed a major inflection point. Like you say, with complex aircraft now in the MSFS world, the overall experience is just going to leave all else in the dust.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

What streamers do you recommend to check out? I really don't like streamers who constantly interrupt themselves with ding dongs and endless "whoa, thanks for the gift, buddy". Chewy is therefor not an option for me. 😉

• Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

What streamers do you recommend to check out? I really don't like streamers who constantly interrupt themselves with ding dongs and endless "whoa, thanks for the gift, buddy". Chewy is therefor not an option for me. 😉

Turn it into a drinking game and problem solved!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 minute ago, Treetops45 said:

I watched the PMDG 737 Tow out at Renton video & they talked about versions.

I think the 700 is the first to be releaed?

How many versions are coming out & which is the most popular in the real world?

T45

There are 4 packages with the -600, -800, -900 coming later after the -700.
The most popular is the -800, by far.

• Like 1