Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

"Bitching Betty" is one of the things that annoyed me about the TFDi Design Boeing 717, and I suspect that it would be the same with this plane.

Well you should only hear Betty when you've done something horribly wrong, like a STALL.... stall.... STALL.... stall, so I think that effect is desired 😉 

Does anyone know the exact time of release? Will it be ready for my daily evening flight here in Germany?

48 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well you should only hear Betty when you've done something horribly wrong, like a STALL.... stall.... STALL.... stall, so I think that effect is desired 😉 

I have heard that warning on YouTube cockpit videos of the real aircraft, so I get the impression that Betty is a bit too enthusiastic for me. It's a bit like that awful "don't sink" message (which I have removed completely from P3D).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Does anyone know what "SYNC CM1/CM2" on the feature list refers to? Is that shared cockpit?

Fly Navy

21 minutes ago, Butterbar said:

Does anyone know what "SYNC CM1/CM2" on the feature list refers to? Is that shared cockpit?

Many years ago my wife thought it was "don't think, don't think...". 😆

Asked her why would he say that in a flight simulator? 🙃

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Very very useful resource & appreciate the time & effort that has been put into it

T45

Totally agree! If not for the Mudspike tutorials I could never have gotten the Maddog off the ground. Very concise and easy to follow. Cold and Dark every flight for me!

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

56 minutes ago, ShezA said:

Many years ago my wife thought it was "don't think, don't think...". 😆

Asked her why would he say that in a flight simulator? 🙃

😂 well that answers my question. I thought it was crew member 1/crew member 2

• Like 1

Fly Navy

9 hours ago, ShezA said:

It is more complex only because the real life aircraft is a bit more complex compared to a 737 (PMDG). Talking from a simmer perspective of course having flown both extensively.

In terms of flight, the Maddog is definitely less forgiving because it is aerodynamically slippery and with those smaller wings and longer body the turns and the climb/descent profile need careful handling or she gets ahead of you and messes your progress. The 737 is more forgiving.

Also the autoflight of the Maddog is more complex with many options on the panel. Overall I think the number of options are the same as the 737 but the way they are laid out I always felt they confused me.

Thanks for providing me with these details!

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

18 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Of those who have flown this aircraft on FSX/P3D is it easy to fly for a 737 pilot?

I did a sim transition a year or too back. 

As someone who has sim-flown the 737 for years, I was a bit nervous about the Maddog. I bought it for FSX, but never worked out how to fly it.

How was the changeover? Well, it’s quite different from the 737NG. Much more old school, and cockpit switches feel like they were placed by randomly throwing a dart and then saying “OK, let’s put this one there.”

The FMC is badly positioned (the angle is stupid), but your 737 time will make learning it quite easy.

‘The autopilot is quite different from the Boeing MCP, but again there’s enough common concepts that your Boeing hours will stand you in good stead.

For me, it was a matter of sitting down for a day, reading the Chuck’s Guide and then practicing the steps. 

I was glad that I finally took the Maddog by the horns and learned how to use it, It’s a great plane, and was the sim aircraft I flew the most in 2021. I can’t wait to try it out in MSFS!

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I did a sim transition a year or too back. 

As someone who has sim-flown the 737 for years, I was a bit nervous about the Maddog. I bought it for FSX, but never worked out how to fly it.

How was the changeover? Well, it’s quite different from the 737NG. Much more old school, and cockpit switches feel like they were placed by randomly throwing a dart and then saying “OK, let’s put this one there.”

The FMC is badly positioned (the angle is stupid), but your 737 time will make learning it quite easy.

‘The autopilot is quite different from the Boeing MCP, but again there’s enough common concepts that your Boeing hours will stand you in good stead.

For me, it was a matter of sitting down for a day, reading the Chuck’s Guide and then practicing the steps. 

I was glad that I finally took the Maddog by the horns and learned how to use it, It’s a great plane, and was the sim aircraft I flew the most in 2021. I can’t wait to try it out in MSFS!

I'm in doubt whether i should buy it or not? At the same time i can't know if i haven't tested it myself. I'll see in 2 days when i have it in my hands.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

4 minutes ago, tangerine said:

fps test

They should just use the MSFS dev mode one - I could barely see the fps display up there hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

43 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

I'm in doubt whether i should buy it or not? At the same time i can't know if i haven't tested it myself. I'll see in 2 days when i have it in my hands.

The MD is more of a brute to handle on descent than the 737, it picks up speed much faster when that nose starts dropping.

Speed reduction management is a hefty task when it comes to getting her ready for final, which is one of the things I love about the plane.

In FSX days the descent for final approach was showtime because the Maddog really felt like a huge hunk of metal you had to manage to slow down.

One of the most satisfying seat of your pants feeling take off and landing simulations I've ever experienced.

It honestly makes alot of other addon simulations feel dull and quite numb in comparison.

I would rank the Maddog and Majestic's Q400 top tier when it comes to seat of your pants feel aerodynamics.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2