Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

2 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

Dumb question...purchased this plane last night and love it so far despite the high speed 100 knot abrupt landings.  (This model version rolled out in 75’ and so did I!)

But my retractable landing lights while casting light don’t look nice and bright white on the lights/lenses like the Chancellor or 146 or others??

I also had a heck of a time getting my autopilot to even turn on and activate but traced the issue to my Shift Z mod...hit shift Z a few times and bingo a working autopilot.

It lights the runway well and that’s what counts

10 minutes ago, diajohn said:

It lights the runway well and that’s what counts

Some people expect GA landing lights to look like the lights on a B 737.. Not going to happen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Some people expect GA landing lights to look like the lights on a B 737.. Not going to happen. 

Yeah most GA aircraft have horrible landing/taxi lights.  The one on our Musketeer is almost worthless.  Those new fancy LED ones are pretty decent though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1. I quick question guys, I guess i am doing something wrong, but at every landing so far (One was a  cross wind) the aircraft swings wildly off the runway on touch down.I was flying it down as i had noticed it was the recommended proceadure, likely touching down at around 90knots.
  2. Am  i just too fast? I don't get this violent swing with any other aircraft, and auto rudder is not engaged.

Any advice appreciated.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 minute ago, Car147 said:
  1. I quick question guys, I guess i am doing something wrong, but at every landing so far (One was a  cross wind) the aircraft swings wildly off the runway on touch down.I was flying it down as i had noticed it was the recommended proceadure, likely touching down at around 90knots.
  2. qam i just too fast? I don't get this violent swing with any other aircraft, and auto rudder is not engaged.

Any advice appreciated.

Interesting. I am having the same problem and posted about it. The only advice I got was how to land properly but just like you I sort of did that already. After reading your post I wonder if there might actually be a problem that only affects a few users...? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

@tup61 and @Car147 you need to post flight hardware information if you're asking about control issues

Hotas warthogg Stick and throttle, as i say i have no issues with any other aircraft, just C-310. I mean it's not just a gradual swing, it's violent, and gives no hope at all of controlling it.

I have my rudder mapped to an axis on my Warthogg throttle as i have disability with my legs which prevents the use of conventional peddles. But again this does not cause any problem with any other aircraft, from GA through to Airliners,and military aircraft.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

For us PMS 750 users will there ever be an option to have the dual 750s instead of the 750/650 combo we have at the moment? Would be nice to have those bigger screens. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

Para nosotros, los usuarios de PMS 750, ¿alguna vez habrá una opción para tener los 750 duales en lugar del combo 750/650 que tenemos en este momento? Sería bueno tener esas pantallas más grandes. 

I have asked the same question in the support forums, I don't know if the milviz people read this.

1 hour ago, Gaiiden said:

@tup61 and @Car147 you need to post flight hardware information if you're asking about control issues

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick and Saitek Combat Rudder pedals. My problems are less severe than Car147 though. 

About the AP mod: does it also enable the ARM button? Read the readme: apparently it's mainly about the VS when you enable the AP. No mention of the AM button. It's a shame Milviz chose to use this default AP.

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

I'll continue to test today just to see if there's anything more i can do to help with the issue. It could be just down to the way i have to use an axis on my Hotas set up. I think i'll try adjusting the sensitivity, and deadzones then do a few circuits. I just hope i can get this sorted as i love the plane.

** Well good news, i tweaked the settings for sensitivity and deadzone and have now managed to complete 3 circuits in a row without issue.**

Thanks

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick and Saitek Combat Rudder pedals. My problems are less severe than Car147 though. 

About the AP mod: does it also enable the ARM button? Read the readme: apparently it's mainly about the VS when you enable the AP. No mention of the AM button. It's a shame Milviz chose to use this default AP.

Don't use the arm button. Set altitude you want to climb to, Wait a few seconds hit the VS button hit the up button to get the VS you want. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Car147 said:

I'll continue to test today just to see if there's anything more i can do to help with the issue. It could be just down to the way i have to use an axis on my Hotas set up. I think i'll try adjusting the sensitivity, and deadzones then do a few circuits. I just hope i can get this sorted as i love the plane.

** Well good news, i tweaked the settings for sensitivity and deadzone and have now managed to complete 3 circuits in a row without issue.**

Thanks

The 310 is the easiest aircraft I have to land, just set your rudder up properly, and it lands on the centerline every time, braking has to be even. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Car147 said:

Thanks

Could just be the sensitivity of your rudder/ NWS is set too high? Nose wheel steering being too aggressive is a common cause of problems on roll out in the sims for me. You beat me to it!

Edited by steves53
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

Edited by Car147