Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

I posted some pics of some practice landings at KCDK:

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I tried that, and it does not work reliably for me.. however, the above mod does..  😉

Excellent, downloading the mod now!

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The C310 is perfect IMHO.

With my multi monitor setup using the touch screen for AirManager, and the G750/650 combo is perfect.

I love how the C310 feels like a real plane. You feel the weight at least with my Honeycomb controls.

I have only flown in a 310 and piloted it 3 times I think, I have to check back in my logbooks from the 80's. But the landing feels like I remember it, and so does just cruising around, use a lot of trim. I did tweak the curves in profile monitor to make the model feel a bit less twitchy and heavier.

FS2020 is really coming into its own and my simming has never been this fun and real. Much better than the REDBIRD FAA approved BATD, and my XPlane setup.

I put about 1500 hrs on my C177 and the 310 always felt like a C177 twin. Same slick futuristic design lines and the same special handling landing, not floaters at all. So I really feel at home with this model.

Also the frame rate on my old system is the best of all my models, as I said a pure joy to fly.

Here I am recreating a flight from St John NB to Fryeburg ME (CYQY-KIZG) I flight I often use to do. Good fishing on Cape Bretton and there is a nice little Airport in Margaree right on the river, I had just flown in from to fuel up in St John before flying back. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

That is quite the setup! I too flew a 310 back in the late 80’s and think MILVIZ did a great job with this plane. However I think the real plane was easier to fly and land than the sim is. I don’t recall struggling with the trim in the real thing and constant hunting for nailing the airspeeds on approach like I am in FS. Could be I have to adjust the sensitivity on my controls to get it right. 

41 minutes ago, steves53 said:

That is quite the setup! I too flew a 310 back in the late 80’s and think MILVIZ did a great job with this plane. However I think the real plane was easier to fly and land than the sim is. I don’t recall struggling with the trim in the real thing and constant hunting for nailing the airspeeds on approach like I am in FS. Could be I have to adjust the sensitivity on my controls to get it right. 

Yes real planes are much easier to land. All of them I think.

Every time I have pilot buddy who is a good pilot fly any sim, they botch the landings pretty consistently.

You have to be used to flying sims.

Yes I detuned my elevator and ailerons in the sim quite a bit.

And yes the trim is a bit too sensitive in the sim as well, I use the Bravo a lot just moving a quarter inch at a time.

I am used to flying real planes in the mountains with lots of turbulence so constant trimming is second nature to me.

On final once I have trim close in landing config, I just use the throttle and elevator to stay on GS. But as I said it is an added bit of skill to do in the sim compared to real planes.

It is all good though and keeps you on your toes. Flying into Wick now, landing in 6 minutes, got to go....

Edited by 177B

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Just now, 177B said:

Yes real planes are much easier to land. All of them I think.

Every time I have pilot buddy who is a good pilot fly any sim, they both the landings pretty consistently.

You have to be used to flying sims.

Yes I detuned my elevator and ailerons in the sim quite a bit.

And yes the trim is a bit too sensitive in the sim as well, I use the Bravo a lot just moving a quarter inch at a time.

I am used to flying ram planes in the mountains with lots of turbulence so constant trimming is second nature to me.

On final once I have trim close in landing config, I just use the throttle and elevator to stay on GS. But as I said it is an added bit of skill to do in the sim compared to real planes.

It is all good though and keeps you on your toes. Flying into Wick now, landing in 6 minutes, got to go....

The 310 is the easiest of any sim aircraft I have flown in  over 3 decades, to land. Always on the centerline and average around -75 fpm touchdown. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The 310 is the easiest of any sim aircraft I have flown in  over 3 decades, to land. Always on the centerline and average around -75 fpm touchdown. 

Yes I agree. It is so easy, because if your speed is correct there is no float.

And the rudder is so easy as well, I use the Pendulum rudder it is fantastic and makes landings a piece of cake in the C310.

I also love the sounds in the 310, they are the best!

• Like 2

Pit.jpg

Just now, 177B said:

Yes I agree. It is so easy, because if your speed is correct there is no float.

And the rudder is so easy as well, I use the Pendulum rudder it is fantastic and makes landings a piece of cake in the C310.

I also love the sounds in the 310, they are the best!

For years I have helped people out with their home sims, and usually the first thing I find is the calibration of their controls, especially elevator and rudder, can make an aircraft fly like real, or be impossible to control smoothly. MSFS is nice because there are so many adjustment's that can be made to get it right where you want it. The adjustment that I love is extremity deadzone, where you can tone down the effectiveness of the controls, so twitchiness and overcontrolling are done away with. Once you get the 310 set up properly, it is a piece of cake to fly and land. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

For years I have helped people out with their home sims, and usually the first thing I find is the calibration of their controls, especially elevator and rudder, can make an aircraft fly like real, or be impossible to control smoothly. MSFS is nice because there are so many adjustment's that can be made to get it right where you want it. The adjustment that I love is extremity deadzone, where you can tone down the effectiveness of the controls, so twitchiness and overcontrolling are done away with. Once you get the 310 set up properly, it is a piece of cake to fly and land. 

According to the devs and their three experienced real life C310 pilots, the twitchiness of Milviz's 310 is how it really is.

1 hour ago, Sender46 said:

According to the devs and their three experienced real life C310 pilots, the twitchiness of Milviz's 310 is how it really is.

I would like to see where a 310 pilot actually said that, that the 310  is twitchy"? . 

pitch_stability =1.00

This makes a world of difference regarding the elevator twitchy-ness. Something seem to have changed with this parameter and only sets a on/off state?. Changing it to 1 and the plane has pitch stability (no twitchyness). Anything less seems just 0 = Off. I tried different values which made no difference, only 1.00 did.

You can find it in the Flight_model.cfg

Default is:

pitch_stability =0.83

change it to:

pitch_stability =1.00

I am using the PMS 750 paid version . The blue light lights up when passing the outer, marker, but no audio tone. Has anyone got this to work? 

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am using the PMS 750 paid version . The blue light lights up when passing the outer, marker, but no audio tone. Has anyone got this to work? 

I use the GNS units. Is there an audio panel section in the GTN750 you need to enable?

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

I use the GNS units. Is there an audio panel section in the GTN750 you need to enable?

Yes, but I see nothing about marker audio. Just Com/Nav/ADF and DME/.  

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes, but I see nothing about marker audio. Just Com/Nav/ADF and DME/.  

Maybe Bert can help?