Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

52 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

What about not pressing the ALT button..

Dial in the target altitude, AP master, ROL/HDG/NAV your choice, press the UP button repeatedly to select VS. Let the plane climb to the target altitude.

Yes, different ways to do it. I have not been able to dial in the altitude and then PRESS the ARM button so the plane will level off at the altitude you enter.  I am using the KAP140 in combination with the GTN750. 

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

1 hour ago, Doering said:

Yes, different ways to do it. I have not been able to dial in the altitude and then PRESS the ARM button so the plane will level off at the altitude you enter.  I am using the KAP140 in combination with the GTN750. 

The ARM button is inop, as best I can tell, but the autopilot "autoarms" for me..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

I haven’t had to arm for alt hold.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Tips for the default one in the 310:

THANK YOU! That AP was driving me crazy...!!!

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Made no sense to me when I first read the negative comments about the KAP 140 AP, since I have used it before and never had a problem. I think some just like to make up issues. 

Well, sorry, but I do think that it's a shame and a bit odd that they put a badly simulated AP in a payware plane that has everything else simulated so well. Yes, once you know how it works, it works fine and I can understand you never have problems with it (and from now on I will neither) but a badly instrument as this AP simply doesn't fit the otherwise PERFECT C310. If the default Asobo AP would have been a good simulation of the real deal it would have been fine but now it sort of spoils the overall impression. Imho. It just doesn't fit the plane. The fact that you never had a problem with it isn't the point: the negative comments aren not about the AP not working but about the AP not working realistically.

Having said that: the C310 still is the best GA for MSFS ever!!! 🙂 So not buying it just because of this AP is quite dumb imho. 😉 But I do hope Milviz will add a custom AP or that Asobo will fix the default one.

Edited by tup61

1 hour ago, rlaycock said:

Hi thanks for the reply

yes the throttle is moving and the manifold pressure

is going up but it will only rev to 500

ok, so we know the throttles move, what about the prop levers -  essentially you control the rpms with the prop and the MP with the throttle. I suspect you have your hardware settings incorrectly set up.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

55 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Thanks I use a honeycomb throttle but only one axis to throttle I am sure it is not this as the aircraft controls move fine also the manifold pressure moves and the engine does go SLIGHTLY above the complete idle

Both magneto's on for the right engine? I tend to forget to turn on the right L and R magnetos after starting the left engines (and thus only having the left L and R mags on). 😉

Edited by tup61

On 5/5/2022 at 4:59 PM, Bobsk8 said:

There is a headphone setting in MSFS  under general options, I have never tried it. 

Tried it on other aircraft but for this bird it works perfectly!  Thanks for the tip.  This is the first aircraft that needed it but it's exactly what I was looking for.  With this on the ATC and External sounds stay the same it just muffles the engine noise perfectly.  For loud twins the simulation of a headset to muffle the sounds is what's needed.  I'm surprised it's a default option.  Great tip! 💯👍

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

On 5/5/2022 at 5:49 PM, ryanbatc said:

I use it as well.  It's a little on the fake side though as you hear nothing at all.  Even with ANR I still hear engines on takeoff irl.  And some ambient noise at cruise power.

It's actually perfect for this bird.  ATC stays the right volume but the engine sounds are toned down like a quality Bose A20 headset in the real world.💯

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

45 minutes ago, tup61 said:

But I do hope Milviz will add a custom AP or that Asobo will fix the default one.

Having witnessed how much trouble FSW has gone through with their custom autopilot, this one is actually a relief.

Perfect, no, but stable.  I would not be surprised if WT were to perfect this autopilot over time.. 😉

Bert

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Having witnessed how much trouble FSW has gone through with their custom autopilot, this one is actually a relief.

Perfect, no, but stable.  I would not be surprised if WT were to perfect this autopilot over time.. 😉

🙂 Well, now I know how to handle the AP I think I'll forget about it ever being a problem within a day. This plane is just too good to be bothered with what really isn't a real problem in the end. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tup61 said:

THANK YOU! That AP was driving me crazy...!!!

Well, sorry, but I do think that it's a shame and a bit odd that they put a badly simulated AP in a payware plane that has everything else simulated so well. Yes, once you know how it works, it works fine and I can understand you never have problems with it (and from now on I will neither) but a badly instrument as this AP simply doesn't fit the otherwise PERFECT C310. If the default Asobo AP would have been a good simulation of the real deal it would have been fine but now it sort of spoils the overall impression. Imho. It just doesn't fit the plane. The fact that you never had a problem with it isn't the point: the negative comments aren not about the AP not working but about the AP not working realistically.

Having said that: the C310 still is the best GA for MSFS ever!!! 🙂 So not buying it just because of this AP is quite dumb imho. 😉 But I do hope Milviz will add a custom AP or that Asobo will fix the default one.

It takes about 2 minutes to figure out how to use a KAP 140. People have been screaming for a "study Level " aircraft, and can't spend 2 minutes to learn how to work an autopilot Unreal I worked as an Avionics tech in Florida for a couple of years, and very few people had the latest and greatest avionics in their aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It takes about 2 minutes to figure out how to use a KAP 140. People have been screaming for a "study Level " aircraft, and can't spend 2 minutes to learn how to work an autopilot 

True. However, the problem is (or well, was) this version of the KAP 140 doesn't work as a KAP 140 should. That's all. And that's a shame in case of this C320. But well, It's not a problem anymore for me anyway. ;) 

• Like 1

Hi all

Thanks for the help earlier today  re my right engine not going above 600 RPM the right engine was locked into feather. My Honeycomb Bravo Throttle had a default key for feather which I cleared and now both engines are working fine.  Best wishes.  Bob

Edited by rlaycock
  • Like 1

Anyone else had the transponder display going blank for no apparent reason? Using the GNS 530 option. Also at the same time the EFB brightness seems reduce...

9 minutes ago, abennett said:

Also at the same time the EFB brightness seems reduce...

I experienced this while playing with the lights. I thought that maybe I touched a setting that controlled the brightness.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.