Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

34 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I honestly wondered the same.  I’ve never had an issue with the default KAP 140 and as a side benefit default stuff is more likely to work with hardware, in this case my GoFlight MCP PRO. 

We’re in a world now where default no longer automatically equals unacceptable quality, it’s a bit of a mindset adjustment I think.

The 310 is a great aircraft and it would be a shame if someone gave it a miss strictly because of something like this autopilot, but to each their own.

Made no sense to me when I first read the negative comments about the KAP 140 AP, since I have used it before and never had a problem. I think some just like to make up issues. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Adjust the heater controls carefully on his aircraft. I was flying over the UK and it said the cabin was cold. I turned on the heater, adjusted the blower, and within a few minutes that cabin was a Sauna bath.. Took awhile to cool it back down again. Passengers must have been PO'd. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:
  •  

Wondering what all the KAP 140 autopilot bashing going on in the beginning of this thread was about. I have about 11 hours already on the C310, all on autopilot and it has worked flawlessly, in fact, it is one of the most stable autopilots in all my pay ware aircraft. No S turning trying to fly the course line, no hunting for altitude, it just works and works well. What is supposed to be wrong with it????

Nothing wrong with it but maybe the AP in the Kodiak and others had spoiled us with FLC and VNAV modes.  I struggle with the KAP 140 when it comes to setting target altitude vs. setting VS rate unless I fly only the KAP 140 for long enough to get used to it again. 

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

4 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Nothing wrong with it but maybe the AP in the Kodiak and others had spoiled us with FLC and VNAV modes.  I struggle with the KAP 140 when it comes to setting target altitude vs. setting VS rate unless I fly only the KAP 140 for long enough to get used to it again. 

Tips for the default one in the 310:

Takeoff, trim while climbing out.  Press AP Master.  Engage HDG or NAV.  Press ALT.  Dial a new altitude with the knob you want to climb to.  Wait 2 seconds (this step is important otherwise it will just sync to your current altitude again - this is a "feature" of the asobo hehe), then press ALT again and it will show FPM - now use UP and DN buttons to change Vertical Speed.  And the plane will do it.

Real one: 

Takeoff, trim while climbing out.  Select altitude you wish to climb to via knobs.  Engage HDG or NAV.  Press ARM.  FPM should show and use UP/DN buttons to change Vertical Speed.  Engage AP master.

See, the difference is you arm an altitude first adjust VS, then engage AP master.  This is similar to ALTS feature of newer Garmin APs.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I like the sounds, but it's way too high mixed, I have to use headphone simulation to be able to handle it on longer flights.

Volume control on headset works nicely - I have a SteelSeries something...

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 5/5/2022 at 10:23 AM, Bobsk8 said:

What I did to mellow the pitch out so it feels more like an actual 310, is adjust the elevator extremity dead zone to +20%.  Give it a try. 

So, after making this sensitivity adjustment that you suggested, it is much better. I feel like I have a more comfortable amount of control, and elevator is much less twitchy feeling. Thanks for the tip! 🙂

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Anyone else unable to turn the CDI needle on the G5?  Heading bug turns fine.

Edited by FakeWayne

Fuel consumption - I have flown 520nm on the way to KHVN from KMDW & I left with an 80% fuel load & I am currently showing 80% fuel on board.

Is the gauge faulty?

T45

52 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

Anyone else unable to turn the CDI needle on the G5?  Heading bug turns fine.

In GPS or VLOC?  Should work in vloc but in gps it would auto slave to your DTK.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The more I "fly" with this bird, the more I appreciate it.
I have no RL experience with GA aircraft at all, so I can't compare, but it seems to me that Milviz did a fantastic job simulating the flight dynamics of a twin engine within a PC simulator's limitations.
A lot of love in the cockpit, a rich array of options and animations (an empty bottle of water that moves on the floor according to the roll !), great sounds, beautiful texturing for the most elegant GA aircraft ever.
Just perfect!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 minute ago, ryanbatc said:

In GPS or VLOC?  Should work in vloc but in gps it would auto slave to your DTK.

I think it may have just been a strange issue on my end.  It seems to be working fine now after a restart.

3 minutes ago, David Roch said:

The more I "fly" with this bird, the more I appreciate it.
I have no RL experience with GA aircraft at all, so I can't compare, but it seems to me that Milviz did a fantastic job simulating the flight dynamics of a twin engine within a PC simulator's limitations.
A lot of love in the cockpit, a rich array of options and animations (an empty bottle of water that moves on the floor according to the roll !), great sounds, beautiful texturing for the most elegant GA aircraft ever.
Just perfect!!

As someone with GA experience, it captures the essence of it very well. Very immersive. There are some things that could be better ,but its alot of fun! Time to start my world tour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sniper31 said:

So, after making this sensitivity adjustment that you suggested, it is much better. I feel like I have a more comfortable amount of control, and elevator is much less twitchy feeling. Thanks for the tip! 🙂

I think that the control sens in MSFS is a bit to sensitive and needs to be toned down. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Takeoff, trim while climbing out.  Press AP Master.  Engage HDG or NAV.  Press ALT.  Dial a new altitude with the knob you want to climb to.  Wait 2 seconds (this step is important otherwise it will just sync to your current altitude again - this is a "feature" of the asobo hehe), then press ALT again and it will show FPM - now use UP and DN buttons to change Vertical Speed.  And the plane will do it.

What about not pressing the ALT button..

Dial in the target altitude, AP master, ROL/HDG/NAV your choice, press the UP button repeatedly to select VS. Let the plane climb to the target altitude.

• Like 1

Bert

Hi all

I just got this looks good however I cant get the right engine to work above an Idle

It has fuel and all is green in the service  but it will not rev at all!

I feel I am doing something stupid but I cant figure it out at the moment.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Best wishes. 

Bob