Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

Yeah that red handle is emergency gear extension.  I'm actually not certain myself how to get it working again.  Might have to reset the options on tht tablet.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ahh ok thanks Ryan, that explains that.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The red handle is the gust lock described in a video 

Edited by diajohn

Is there a 'Yaw Damper" switch or button in the 310? It may be right in front of my nose, but I don't see it.... Thanks

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

23 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Is there a 'Yaw Damper" switch or button in the 310? It may be right in front of my nose, but I don't see it.... Thanks

Apparently the KAP140 doesn't have a yaw damper as pert of the system.  The 310 user manual didn't show one either.

• Like 1

Bill  N7IBG     

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Tried to go for a flight tonight, after takeoff the landing gear would not retract.  Thinking this might have been a failure I return to the departure airport and landed.  After shutting down I did an inspection and all was good, everything in the green so it doesn't appear to be a modelled failure.  There's a red handle attached to the pilot seat down by the fuel levers that I accidentally clicked on, it moved, and I couldn't move it back.  This is the only thing I can think of that is different from my flight last night where the gear worked fine.  Any idea what this handle is, if it might be responsible for my gear issue, and how to move it back to the original position?  Clicking on it anywhere I can find with a clickspot doesn't seem to do anything.  If not the handle, any other thoughts on the gear issue? 

I've been trying to download the manual from Milviz but it keeps timing out so I don't have a manual to reference as of now.

Thanks for any help.

The manual is in the folder with the aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, Dutch727 said:

Pro tip: use your mouse pointer to look around the cabin hovering over open or blank spots.  If you see a tooltip with ?? in it, click and see what happens.

If you are using legacy input and have tooltips off, it'll be harder, but you can click in blank or unused areas and see what might pop up.

Also fun, but not technically an easter egg, is to to dirty up the plane and poke around the interior checking out the trash and clutter.

Tell us if you found some, and your reaction if you want, but no spoilers please!

There are some references to movies, TV, and pop culture, as well as current events.

I have found six. Still hunting

Does a dirty plane help? I like to keep it clean.

Edited by Romeo_Tango
add information

Robin

I have found 5 easter eggs. One of them I might probably 'use' every flight because it represents something I do/use in real life. 😉

Question: could anyone explain the EDM-700 in more detail than the manual does? Because I have the idea the manual contains a few errors and it isn't complete. I watched a video of the real world device but I don't know of course how deep this device is being simulated (probably not very deep).

- According to the official information the T-column shows the oil temp or turbine inlet temp and not the average EGT. What excatly does THIS device show there?

- where is the oil pressure bar graph that's mention in the manual?

- the manual says that in addition the CHT is shown as a bar graph... where?

- when I press the right button (lean find) it doesn't seem to change Fahrenheit to Celcius (as the manual states) but I get another bar graph...? (EDIT>) ANSWER: It does change to Celcius: I clicked the button when OAT was shown and the change was obvious. And obviously the bar graph changes appearance because that one to goes from F to C. Duh.

- five measurements are shown at the bottom but the manual doesn't tell what exactly. (EDIT>) ANSWER: the gauge first shows EGT and CHT of all 6 cilinders (check the dot underneath the numbers at the top) and when that dot reaches the T the bottom row shows:
1. BAT = bus voltage
2. OAT = outside air temperature
3. OIL = oil temperature
4. DIF = difference between the hottest and cooles EGT
5. CLD = the rate of shock cooling of the most rapidly colling cilinder in degrees per minute
Maybe this could be added to the manual...?

I always like to know my cockpits inside out and this gauge leaves too many questions for me. 😉

EDIT In addition to the above: NRM at the top of the EDM stands for Normalize view: the real world device also has a Percentage view but only NRM is being simulated. In real life NRM view is used during level cruise and run up.
And HP on the right simply stands for horsepower.

EDIT 2
Tip for those that like the wear and tear over time: be sure to move the bottom slider from static (default) to normal or you won't get any wear and tear over time! I misses this in the beginning.

EDIT 3
Oh, and btw I noticed the state (position) of the HSI isn't saved in the owned mode. I did a test and most states were saved but not the HSI. But perhaps this has to do with relocating the plane...? It also seems the control lock is gone whenever I load the plane but I might have to check that again.

EDIT 4

And another small question: what's the idea behind the Status page... It's not a simulation of a walk around and so imho you shouldn't check this page (and click Inspect) before every flight, right? You should only visit this page when you suspect a failure or when you think it is really time for an inspection. But because this page is so easily accessible you might be inclined to check things every single flight... and apart from the fact that that feels a bit like cheating you also prevent failures from happening, I think.

Idea: make this page less accessible somehow, like you have to do something extra or it should take more time to inspect (like the overhaul which I didn't test yet). The inspection is too easy right now imho. Yes, I know: control yourself and don't touch that page but 1. that's hard and 2. I wonder how the devs think this page should be used.

EDIT 5
What's more common for the C310: leaning rich of peak or lean of peak?

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

I like the sounds, but it's way too high mixed, I have to use headphone simulation to be able to handle it on longer flights.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

6 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I like the sounds, but it's way too high mixed, I have to use headphone simulation to be able to handle it on longer flights.

Me too but then it's too quiet. I don't really want to have to change the volume levels every time I fly this one. 

• Like 1

I did this in the past with an other plane, to lower the volume of the engines in the sound setting. Did not do it with the C310 yet.

The sounds on this version of the c310 are among the best I've heard. I usually just turn on to my Mix Tapes, but the sounds are on this bird are Music to my ears. Having said that, a feature (plug in headset) that lowers the sound decibels for some flights is a great idea.

I also want to ask   the dev to be careful with any updates. I don't want them to ruin an outstanding release. 😀

Congrats Milviz!

• Like 5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The manual is in the folder with the aircraft. 

Thanks I’ll have to look again, I didn’t see it last night.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Wondering what all the KAP 140 autopilot bashing going on in the beginning of this thread was about. I have about 11 hours already on the C310, all on autopilot and it has worked flawlessly, in fact, it is one of the most stable autopilots in all my pay ware aircraft. No S turning trying to fly the course line, no hunting for altitude, it just works and works well. What is supposed to be wrong with it????

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wondering what all the KAP 140 autopilot bashing going on in the beginning of this thread was about.

I honestly wondered the same.  I’ve never had an issue with the default KAP 140 and as a side benefit default stuff is more likely to work with hardware, in this case my GoFlight MCP PRO. 

We’re in a world now where default no longer automatically equals unacceptable quality, it’s a bit of a mindset adjustment I think.

The 310 is a great aircraft and it would be a shame if someone gave it a miss strictly because of something like this autopilot, but to each their own.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave