Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How Many of you mis Real Air Dukes!

1 hour ago, btacon said:

Sorry, I disagree. The Flysimware C414 while in bets is by far one of the best planes in MSFS, and certainly one of the better payware offerings. Not to forget of course the Milviz C310.

Dont just take my word for it, just ask Ryan! 🤣🤣🤣

-B

The 414 and 310s are not twin turboprops.... they are great normally aspirated twins... but It would be nice to have a small high fidelity turboprop... like a Commander, Kingair 90, Conquest, etc

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

The 414 and 310s are not twin turboprops.... they are great normally aspirated twins... but It would be nice to have a small high fidelity turboprop... like a Commander, Kingair 90, Conquest, etc

The 414 is turbocharged but due to sim limitations FSW just has auto mixture enabled hehe 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Turbo Commander 690B is my favorite!

Big brute powered silverback gorilla of the skies!

Can't wait to see an MSFS version one day!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 hours ago, jpe828 said:

Sorry Fren. I’m aware the c310 is normally aspirated, nor did I ever say it was turbocharged, but you are incorrect concerning the C414. It is indeed turbocharged, pressurized and just as happy happy to fly at FL330 MSL as it is at 3300 AGL.

Edited by btacon

4 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

The 414 is turbocharged but due to sim limitations FSW just has auto mixture enabled hehe 

1 hour ago, btacon said:

Sorry Fren. I’m aware the c310 is normally aspirated, nor did I ever say it was turbocharged, but you are incorrect concerning the C414. It is indeed turbocharged, pressurized and just as happy happy to fly at FL330 MSL as it is at 3300 AGL.

I think I missed effective communication on AVSIM class. I understand turbocharged, I am talking about Turborprops bubba... PT6s, Alisons... those sorts of fire spittin mythical beasts baby! JET A burners.

• Like 1

Turbocharge - shoving compressed air into a regular internal combustion engine to get it to run better.

Turboprop - a gas turbine (jet) engine with a propeller attached to it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, btacon said:

You might have a bad situation flying an aircraft at FL330 that has a service ceiling of 30,000 feet. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

The C310R mixtures work, why not the C414 - turbocharged is the problem?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You might have a bad situation flying an aircraft at FL330 that has a service ceiling of 30,000 feet. 

Point well made. I will see if my memory is taking liberties or if I have  flown or can fly my v 1.9 @ FL330. Not saying that the SC is more than FL300. If you say that it is 30K I believe you. 

I’ll report back either way

9 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The C310R mixtures work, why not the C414 - turbocharged is the problem?

They coded them to be fixed and then used automixture to simulate it.  Not really ideal especially because we can't lean the mixture for ground ops.

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 hours ago, btacon said:

Point well made. I will see if my memory is taking liberties or if I have  flown or can fly my v 1.9 @ FL330. Not saying that the SC is more than FL300. If you say that it is 30K I believe you. 

I’ll report back either way

I stand corrected. Took the Chancellor for a spin this morning. Set the route to KLAS and final altitude for 33,000. Took a break for coffee and came back to find the 414 gently porpoising between 29,000 and 29,250. After about three to four minutes of finagling the throttle and RPM I was able to nurse the craft to 30,000 where it remains stable and solid as I type this. 

Clearly my memory was in error. Thanks for pointing it out, facts matter!

-B

On 5/5/2022 at 1:26 PM, Bobsk8 said:

A friend of mine in South Florida had a Piper Apache, and he would try and talk me into flying to the Bahama's in it. That plane scared me to death. If one engine quit on it, taking off from North Perry Field in Broward County, you would be lucky to clear the 10 story condos on the beach, about 7 miles away. The Seminole reminds me a bit of the Apache, but of course it had a bit more power. 

You can say the same thing about the 310R at max weight on a hot day - I put approx 1500 hours in one in the rw. Lose an engine and 120 kias is the about the best you'll do.