Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Fenix A320 Release imminent within DAYS!

I'm not quite sure what I will get with the Fenix that I do not already have with the FBW or will not get in the future? Toilet bulb circuit breaker notwithstanding.

Edited by jarmstro

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm not quite sure what I will get with the Fenix that I do not already have with the FBW or will not get in the future? Toilet bulb circuit breaker notwithstanding.

Exeter based company, support local businesses! 😅

• Like 8

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, Aamir said:

Exeter based company, support local businesses! 😅

Who is? Fenix? If so I'm in!😃

• Like 1

Just now, jarmstro said:

Who is? Fenix? If so I'm in!😃

Yeah! Incorporated in Devon 🙂

• Like 3

Aamir Thacker

12 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I'm not quite sure what I will get with the Fenix that I do not already have with the FBW or will not get in the future?

I’ve been thinking exactly the same lately. It might be way harder for Fenix to sell it due to the excellent work of the FBW team, than it’s been for PMDG who doesn’t yet have any competition for their 737NG fleet.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

7 minutes ago, Aamir said:

God! I had no idea. Now I'm your biggest fan!!😀 I'll buy two. I thought the only thing Devon could make was Cider.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I’ve been thinking exactly the same lately. It might be way harder for Fenix to sell it due to the excellent work of the FBW team, than it’s been for PMDG who doesn’t yet have any competition for their 737NG fleet.

I am also going to predict that Fenix lowers the price of their A320, to less than that of the PMDG 737, because the FBW A320 is competing against the Fenix A320.  I would be very surprised if Fenix charges more than $69.99 USD for the Fenix A320, despite the fact that the Fenix A320 could be higher in fidelity than the PMDG 737.

I'm sure the Fenix team is cognizant that the FBW A320 will be pulling some of their potential customers away.  The only way for Fenix to lure those customers to purchase the Fenix A320, is with a competitive price, and also the fact that the Fenix A320 is one of the highest fidelity airliners ever produced for any simulator. A lower price, and promoting this as the highest fidelity airliner to every grace a flight simulator, may convince some FBW A320 users to pull the trigger and buy the Fenix A320.

BTW, it feels weird talking about the Fenix, and the Fenix company, with the owner also participating in this thread 😄

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

18 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Two greats can coexist. A point made easier because the CEO is not the NEO.

5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

BTW, it feels weird talking about the Fenix, and the Fenix company, with the owner also participating in this thread 😄

Fenix has quickly become one of my favorite video game mod developers. They're consistently a breath of fresh air, with a side of good humor.

17 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

God! I had no idea. Now I'm your biggest fan!!😀 I'll buy two. I thought the only thing Devon could make was Cider.

LMAO! Listen, mate, if you walk over to Aamir's flat and convince him to lift the NDA early I'll buy you one of your two copies... so long as I may use it. 😂

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

17 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Glad to see you more active here mate.. surely a harbinger of good things to come 😉

C

• Like 7

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Fenix will charge what they want to charge and it has nothing to do with FBW. Get over that folks especially Abram.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Fenix will charge what they want to charge and it has nothing to do with FBW. Get over that folks especially Abram.

Abrams knows, but this is an internet forum so it's sort of in the spirit of the land to throw wild theories and bounce what-if's off each other. We all know Fenix will do what it thinks is best for both itself and its huge investment into this product, and the community that supports it. Nothing wrong with a bit of wild speculation.

In fact, I dare say that Fenix will sell for free, but you must pay a euro per 1 kg of Jet A to fly her. 😂

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

It should… the existence of a free and competent competing product ought to at least enter into the thinking.  They have a different market reality than pmdg or Leonardo. They can set the price however they want, but the amount of people who decide to stick with the fbw will go up exponentially, the higher the price that the Fenix is.

like me.  I’m perfectly content with the fbw.  But I have a job and income, so if this is, say 50 bucks,  I’ll probably get it, if it’s 90 I won’t, just like I didn’t get the Mad Dog.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Fenix will charge what they want to charge and it has nothing to do with FBW.

I’m sure they will. Bit hard to remove FBW from the equation though. I’ve heard nothing but great things about their 320 till now, and I’m very excited to see what they will bring to the table. 

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

21 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I mean, Aamir literally smiled at my post 😄

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I mean, Aamir literally smiled at my post 😄

Well whoopie Doo! Did he tell you when we can see a live stream of the A320 or we going to go into the PMDG route. Make people nauseous in anticipation.