Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-700 has been released!

5 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

I thought most people by default do not have pop up blockers.  I know I never manually installed one, and some websites completely ban them but had issues with no download showing when trying to verify

Some browsers have them built in and default to on, Firefox for example.

ask me how I know, and how I stopped the code from expiring over and over. Small notification that window is blocked on Firefox.

Edited by Khashoggi
  • Like 1

Hats off to RR and PMDG team. Amazing work on the 737-700! In particular the BBJ which is exquisite in all her details. The great thing is most of us have no learning curve and can be airborne in 5 mins...  The 2 years was worth the wait.

• Like 4

tpewpb-6.png

PMDG headquarters right now..

spacer.png

• Like 10

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Just flown it from Southend to a perfect touchdown at Gatwick. Oh my word. It flies beautifully. This is going to be a lot of fun!

• Like 5

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Just now, Tom Wright said:

Just flown it from Southend to a perfect touchdown at Gatwick. Oh my word. It flies beautifully. This is going to be a lot of fun!

Right? It just works! It's my new favorite plane, and it's nice to have a fully featured airliner - I know the MD80 exists, but I've never flown that so can't speak to it. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, cj-ibbotson said:

Haha we in Europe should have been allowed to download it earlier today before you boys got home from work 

We seem to have this argument every morning now don't we? LOL

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Just now, FlyingGoose said:

Right? It just works! It's my new favorite plane, and it's nice to have a fully featured airliner - I know the MD80 exists, but I've never flown that so can't speak to it. 

I've obviously never flown a 737 for real, but this has to be one of the most convincing feeling flight models I've ever flown on a PC sim! Coming over the threshold in a slight crosswind at Gatwick and I was actually sweating a little bit.. very satisfying!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

19 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

And it has a "Pause at ToD" feature!! This is very important for me cause I have a kid and cannot sit in front of the computer for ages. I can finally setup a long flight, fly it for an hour, then leave it alone and come back to complete the approach and landing.. excited!

This is HUGE for me personally too for the same reasons. I missed this feature from Radar Contact, a lot. Is the setting in the FMC?

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

24 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

If all of you folks across the pond would go to bed at a proper hour, we on this side could get our copies before you wake up,

Now get off of PMDG's web site and go to sleep!

Watch the screen...you are getting sleepy... oh so sleepy... your eyelids are heavy....

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Yes, I'm not a real world pilot so no idea how true the flight model is and all that. I'm happy just to have a plane where I can press all the buttons and have things happen as they are (apparently) supposed to. I spent many years flying the PMDG planes in P3D, and it's lovely to have a PMDG plane with MSFS visuals.

• Like 1

Just now, JSmith2112 said:

Finally got a download link. 1.6 gigs.

In email? I'm still staring at the "please try again" error and the entire site is still down.

Also I'm astounded at the performance with this thing. My PC is ancient but it feels super fluid.

• Like 2

Tom Wright

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

This is HUGE for me personally too for the same reasons. I missed this feature from Radar Contact, a lot. Is the setting in the FMC?

Yes, in the FMC, just like it was in the P3D version. But the first time I tried it (just now), it didn't work. Not sure if I was supposed to set it before I took off or something. More investigation needed.