Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-700 has been released!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/178071-09may22-pmdg-737-urgent-must-read-notams-last-updated-09may22-2135z

Captains,

We are seeing an unprecedented level of demand for our little 737 project. This was not unexpected, and was planned for.

To that end, we want to feed a bit of information to you that is important:

Oh No! The Servers!:
Nothing to fear here. PMDG's infrastructure is cloud based, SAS solutions that are running with highly scalable resource controls. We are talking to the data centers that run them, and they are reporting very high traffic numbers for PMDG, but not high traffic numbers for some of the major game sites they also handle.

I Haven't Gotten A Confirmation Email Yet:
This is one area we anticipate bottle necks, because sending email is a tedious process for computers. Like the rest of the system, this is also scalable and has significant resources behind it. In addition to the resources, it also has a cache-check-and-flush system so if an outbound email gets hung up without going out, it will get swept up and sent, usually within 30-60 minutes.

I Got My Confirmation Email, But I can't Get The Two-Factor-Authorization To Work:
We have a few customers reporting trouble getting through 2FA. We are investigating, but based on traffic metrics it seems that most are getting through just fine. The company that manages this technology is also investigating to see if more resources would help here.

I Didn't Get My Activation Key:
This is similar to the email item above. Give it 30-60 and it *should* get swept up out of the "Failed send" bin and be forwarded off to you.

We anticipate this high load lasting a bit longer and then things should calm back down.

I will keep this thread updated with a new time-date stamp at the title line.

Robert S. Randazzo fetch?filedataid=324&sigpic=1
PMDG Simulations
http://www.pmdg.com

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

stock market is crashing! Sheeh! And I  am focused on this? 

Something to take our minds off of the horrible market the last few days… I’m trying hard to not think about it haha

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Wow is really impressive, what is shocking, the FPS is super smooth! Didn't expect that.

Oh textures and sounds are super impressive indeed!!!

• Like 10

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

WTFk is Authentication code! Sheesh!

• Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

Same as others, can't get PMDG's site to email the "authentication code" 🙄

I got an error - but then I did receive an auth code (even though the request had timed out), but now the download link has disappeared. 

I don't remember going through this step for the DC6 - I would simply suspend this auth step temporarily to handle the volume if I were them. Not sure why they need to verify an already verified email just to initiate a download anyway.

IT says I need to send the Authentication code and shows the emails in my face! What do I do?

Manny

2 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Oh No! The Servers!:
Nothing to fear here. PMDG's infrastructure is cloud based, SAS solutions that are running with highly scalable resource controls. We are talking to the data centers that run them, and they are reporting very high traffic numbers for PMDG, but not high traffic numbers for some of the major game sites they also handle.

Please Try Again

This webpage is experiencing a large amount of traffic. Please try again later.

😆😆

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Wow is really impressive, what is shocking, the FPS is super smooth! Didn't expect that.

Oh textures and sounds are super impressive indeed!!!

Interesting! How doest it compare to FBW?

They could have told us what the process is, Before hand t! Clearly what the fkl is Authentication code etc.

Manny

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now they are down entirely. I think their DDOS protection kicked in. 

Maybe I can grab a PMDG 737 on eBay from a scalper at an inflated price. Hehehe.

I'm sure things will settle down over the next few hours. Just need a bit more patience......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You can get to PMDG. However, it is unavailable. 

David Russell

Commercial Pilot

Airplane Single Engine Land Instrument Airplane

Wow, i might wait until tomorrow lol. I got caught up in the Leonardo launch and the Simmarket servers got hammered. Ended up taking payment twice, then waiting a week for the refund.... i'll stay clear just now.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

They aren't joking when the say it takes a while to load. Nearly 15 minutes at the loading screen!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Place an order 15 min ago, but still waiting for the download email

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

7 minutes ago, Manny said:

They could have told us what the process is, Before hand t! Clearly what the fkl is Authentication code etc.

Why should they? They use this process since 2019. It's nothing new.

• Like 1