Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-700 has been released!

17 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

6fjj4b.jpg

To put customers through this is the definition of asinine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Been flying Zibo for 5 years. I can wait a few more months until the 800 comes out. And hopefully the sim will improve until then. Please complete: bugfixes, tablet, flight plan loading direct from simbrief and a working AI copilot with animations and voice who "thinks" (like xAnimCopilot).

Edited by Greazer

keep trying..... took me about 45 minutes of trying and trying again but I just got it downloaded

• Upvote 1

If you are waiting to purchase the PMDG 737-700:
We are awaiting an update from our system vendor that is anticipated to happen before 000Z. We are holding off accepting new customer sales until that time.
Same as above, but in pilot-speak: We are currently in a departure ground-stop. EDCT time is 0000Z/10MAY22.

If you already purchased and are awaiting a download, activiation key, or activation of your purchase:
We beg your forgiveness and very much appreciate your patience as we work with our vendor to get the system fully up and operational.
Please note that it *is* working in the background, slowly chewing through the backlog of customers that piled in after it failed. 
The process of chewing through the backglog is automated and it will get to you in time. Worst case, when they bring the additional resources properly online it should get through all of you quickly.

We are monitoring the situation and I am on the line with the vendor every :30 for updates. I will pass them along to you as I can.

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

How much $$?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Captains,

The last few hours have been interesting as I have mediated discussion between two service providers working to bring systems back online.

My understanding at this juncture is that one of the modules that runs in the back-end of our eCommerce suit failed to properly scale resources when it came under load, then subsequently failed.

This module handles a couple of critical processes: It creates the download links, emails them, then handles two-factor authentication to get you through the download process. It also has a front end that we use internally for customer support purposes.

When this system failed, we took the site offline in order to prevent additional customers piling in and making an already bad situation worse.

The vendor responsible is currently working with the data center to correct the scaling issue- and as of my call with them at 2330Z has advised us that we can expect to be brought back to full capacity in approximately 4hrs, or by my math lets call it 0400Z.

1 minute ago, Noel said:

How much $$?

69.99 or free if you bought the NGXu for p3d.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It is a thing of beauty. I stand corrected and MSFS and Study Planes.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, iFlySimX said:

If you are waiting to purchase the PMDG 737-700:
We are awaiting an update from our system vendor that is anticipated to happen before 000Z. We are holding off accepting new customer sales until that time.
Same as above, but in pilot-speak: We are currently in a departure ground-stop. EDCT time is 0000Z/10MAY22.

If you already purchased and are awaiting a download, activiation key, or activation of your purchase:
We beg your forgiveness and very much appreciate your patience as we work with our vendor to get the system fully up and operational.
Please note that it *is* working in the background, slowly chewing through the backlog of customers that piled in after it failed. 
The process of chewing through the backglog is automated and it will get to you in time. Worst case, when they bring the additional resources properly online it should get through all of you quickly.

We are monitoring the situation and I am on the line with the vendor every :30 for updates. I will pass them along to you as I can.

So either this 3rd party vendor didn't properly prepare for the anticipated load that PMDG expected, or PMDG didn't convey the message properly to the vendor... Such are the pitfalls of modern software delivery when not everything is under the developer's direct control. In any case, this is still overall a "good" problem for PMDG to have, hope they learn from it and resolve the issues with their vendor soon... I am *really* interested in the sales figures now, PMDG are bound to have broken some records.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

12 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Released but good luck getting it today...waaaaaaaaaaaay too many...people...trying to buy it, got to have it RIGHT NOW .

Just watch the NHL Playoffs and you will forget all about it.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

6 minutes ago, avi8tir said:

keep trying..... took me about 45 minutes of trying and trying again but I just got it downloaded

I wait 🙂 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Just now, PilotPete99 said:

Just watch the NHL Playoffs and you will forget all about it.

Cheers, Pete

Let’s go Panthers!!!

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Somebody on Reddit posted this...... LOL

spacer.png

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.