Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-700 has been released!

[10MAY22] PMDG 737 URGENT MUST READ NOTAMS (Last Updated: 10MAY22 - 0430Z)

Today, 04:41

Captains,

As I mentioned in a previous update, we learned today a back-end process that supports our eCommerce operation failed to scale itself appropriately when placed under load immediately after the release at 2100Z/09MAY22.

Without getting into too much detail, further investigation has revealed that the process did actually scale, but was unable to scale instances fast enough to keep up with a nearly vertical increase in the demand curve shortly after release was announced.

The vendor responsible for the process has made some changes and they are testing them, currently. We anticipated being back online at around 0400Z, but while the back-end is indeed running now, I have requested some additional performance metrics based on what we saw happen after going live at 2100Z. Once we have affirmative results from those tests, we'll open up the site for sales once again.

At this juncture, we believe that anyone who managed to get an order placed prior to us taking the system offline at 2145Z should have their order processed and in hand. If you don't have an email notification, please log into your pmdg account and check there.

With the back end running, most of you should also now be able to successfully download, authorize and activate.

If you cannot, please let us know and we will be happy to help you.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- We are seeing some folks struggle with 2 factor authorization and downloading due to pop-up blocking. Turn that off or authorize our ecommerce with your popup blocking tool and you should be all set.

Resumption of Sales:
We are still holding off on turning sales back on as I have requested additional data points from our back-end vendor to ensure their system will correctly scale under the anticipated loads. I am hoping to have those results shortly, and will let you know once we have the whole system back live and running.

Again, I apologize profusely for the holdup- we appreciate your patience and your humor during this disruption. We are working closely with our back-end vendor and they are doing a good job of supporting us through this failure mode. The moment they sign off on going live, we will.

• Like 1

Well on that note, I’m off to bed! Hopefully will be there waiting for us in the morning! 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

From the avsim front page: 

"PMDG has released the fifth re-make of its iconic Boeing B737 add-on,"

That about sums it up. 

You rather not have a high quality 737 in this sim?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

1 minute ago, mikea76 said:

You rather not have a high quality 737 in this sim?

I don't really think that's what he's saying.

But there is a fair point here. I am more than happy to talk bad about PMDG all day long if there is reason to, but I have a hard time blaming them for this.  What we have seemed to have devolved to in the flight sim community is sitting around waiting for products that already exist to be made compatible with MSFS.  I'm not saying that those products shouldn't be made, they should, and I want them as much as anyone else, but it seems like we will be in this prolonged period of years where what we will have at the end of it is the exact same addons we already bought for FSX/P3D/XP in a newer sim.  And before the p3D diehards jump in,  it's the same there.  in the p3d 3/4/5 cycle it was the same, developers spent all their time updating their products to chase the dragon, and not much new has surfaced.  I understand it, I create demand for that as much as anybody else, but it is what it is.

Hopefully, as more products get developed, it becomes easier and faster, and maybe somebody can work on something new.  (I do like TFDi leading with the MD11 rather than rehashing the 717)  maybe PMDG can finally get done some of the new goodies they've been promising for years like Global Flight Operations, etc...

• Like 3

Is there a simbrief airframe file specifically for the pmdg 737 variants?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

developers spent all their time updating their products to chase the dragon, and not much new has surfaced

I completely agree. I'll be glad to have all the PMDG planes ported over and revamped into MSFS just as much as everyone, but I remember the days when PMDG previewed their 737NGx years and years ago. We all were floored. It was like the iPhone. The level of innovation was truly amazing and I think thats all what we're waiting for. Im super pumped about seeing these birds in the MSFS engine, but I want to be floored again. Something groundbreaking. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Is there a simbrief airframe file specifically for the pmdg 737 variants?

https://www.simbrief.com/system/dispatch.php?sharefleet=363617_1651134279139

• Like 1

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

15 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

these birds in the MSFS engine, but I want to be floored again. Something groundbreaking. 

Well, it will always be a 737, no? At a certain level, there is only so much you can add, all that is left is the stuff the new sim provides. And as this is basically only optics so far in MSFS, I do not expect the 737 being any better (if at all...) in this sim and I am perfectly fiine with this, the PMDG 737 has all I need.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Back on sale

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

29 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

The level of innovation was truly amazing and I think thats all what we're waiting for. Im super pumped about seeing these birds in the MSFS engine, but I want to be floored again. Something groundbreaking. 

Well at least visually as well the sounds, they have really utilized MSFS game engine to the fullest which I think for me counts as innovation unlike the Maddog, pure port from P3D with horrible textures and sounds and 30€ more asking price. 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

4 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Back on sale

Shhh don't tell anyone, it'll slow the download !!

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 minute ago, Car147 said:

Back on sale

Good for them. 15min ago sale was still suspended. That must have really hurt them. Just glad I bought yesterday. Just downloaded and installed it. Currently running the WASM decompiling. Looking forward to doing my first standard quick flight from EDDM to LOWI in few minutes. Curious whether I forgot all 737 handling after not having flown the 737 since literally years and having gotten used to the A320 since 2 years 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

Yup had to do a go around and figure out why my nosegear was not extending.

Really?.. Good to know 

Victor Roos

No issues now guys, went through the purchase fine .

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Any clues on how to get a simbrief flightplan into the FMC for the Steam version?

I'm going to FLT PLAN REQUEST to enter it but PMDG 737 is greyed out and not selectable. I have a plan sitting in D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\Config\Flightplans - let me guess - wrong folder/location?

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc