Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG 737-700 has been released!

24 minutes ago, Aglos77 said:

Is it compatible with DX12 ? DC6 is not...

Interesting question, especially with SU10 on the horizon. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Do you have to study to fly this? Or is there a quick mode? I fly the CJ4, so I’m not a complete novice, but I also don’t have time to learn how a certain fuse works as I’m currently very busy. 

Yes and no. It is very detailed, but in my opinion the 737 is a pretty easy aircraft to get to grips with to be honest. Once you've done the tutorial and a couple of flights you'll know all the switches to flip without needing to reference anything. Most things about it are quite logical and make sense. There are far quirkier aircraft out there (like the MD-80 and to some extent the BAe146).

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

1 hour ago, Tom Wright said:

Yes and no. It is very detailed, but in my opinion the 737 is a pretty easy aircraft to get to grips with to be honest. Once you've done the tutorial and a couple of flights you'll know all the switches to flip without needing to reference anything. Most things about it are quite logical and make sense. There are far quirkier aircraft out there (like the MD-80 and to some extent the BAe146).

I agree. You can get up to speed in about one hour (assuming you already know a little bit about SIDs and STARs and so forth - if you're flying the CRJ you should have no issue) and after that it's very easy to setup from cold and dark and get into the air. It's a simple plane if you don't get into failures or ETOPS or doing everything like a real-world pilot.. but if you want to do that, you can, and that's the best part about PMDG planes. 

Everyone is saying their performance is better than most other planes in the sim. I feel like mine is worse on the ground in the cockpit....

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

1 minute ago, Hatch76 said:

Everyone is saying their performance is better than most other planes in the sim. I feel like mine is worse on the ground in the cockpit....

I'm finding on the ground with all the systems fired up is an FPS hit, where as on shutdown to cold state the FPS come back.  

• Like 1

Super sweet. Setting up and flying in no time, like the PMDG we know.  The sounds are superbly immersive. Its all what we expect so far. Hand flying was also alot of fun and certainly plausible as a very good flight model but I'm no real world pilot.  Thankful to finally have a high fidelity Boeing aircraft in MSFS.  Highly recommended.

• Like 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

18 minutes ago, Hatch76 said:

For me this is the worst performing plane FPS wise. In cockpit view I get half the frames I get in the exterior view - 30 vs 60ish.

As a comparison i get roughly 50FPS at LAX with FBW in cockpit view.

• Like 1

Do guys know how to control the cabin lights? I recall in P3D version there was an option to do so but I can’t find it in MSFS

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

4 hours ago, dobee51 said:

The server is probably still getting hammered. 

After your transaction is approved you will receive an email that says "your license code details." This shows the product you purchased and has a green "download" link. Click on the link and it takes you to a list of all your Orders on the PMDG server.

When you click on the order number for the 737, it opens a popup asking for a verification number. By now you should have another email with a number in it. Cut that out and paste and hit return and you will probable get a Server error. 

Don't leave that page, just keep updating it until the download starts.

Thanks I finally got through and downloaded. I will install tomorrow and I am very curious to compare the 737  to Zimbo’s 738-XPlane which i fly for six years.

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

45 minutes ago, bondislacker said:

For me this is the worst performing plane FPS wise. In cockpit view I get half the frames I get in the exterior view - 30 vs 60ish.

As a comparison i get roughly 50FPS at LAX with FBW in cockpit view.

Sounds about PDMG traditionally....

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

how do you get rid of the baggage trucks and the other trucks around the aircraft

They will fall off after takeoff…

seriously, there are settings/options in the FMS to dis/connect these

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Are you using the PMDG Flightplan and PMDG Windup link sections on the Simbrief downloader? It should use the file format it needs. 

6uIudAS.png

Zan, remind me - does the wind uplink file go in the same folder as the flightplan?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

They will fall off after takeoff…

🤣

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |