Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

PMDG 737 --- Stunning

On 5/10/2022 at 4:46 AM, abrams_tank said:

But from my understanding, MSFS's flight model was new and not well understood by the 3rd party developers at the start.  I guess after almost 2 years, some 3rd party developers are understanding MSFS's flight model and capabilities much better, and are able to produce very good flight models in their planes.

This is my take as well. The devs that have figured out how to work with. MSFS in terms of flight model are producing some EXCEPTIONAL flight models... and Milviz is one of these devs.  I had mixed feelings about them in FSX, but they have MSFS dialed IN.  The Porter and 310 are two of the best-feeling aircraft I've flown in any desktop sim. 

... and then there's PMDG.  @cavaricooper, let's just say you will not be disappointed in how the 737 flies. I'm... astounded at it. Can't think of a better word ;).

• Like 3

Andrew Crowley

PMDG did it again.

We now have a totally new sim to fly with: I experienced the same turning point in FSX and later P3D.

Now the fun really begins.

Happy flying,

• Like 5

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Indeed. Now give me that MD-11 and i can "release" P3D while thanking LM for such an awesome ride.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

People have been making fun of PMDGs VNAV but it has been amazing for me so far. All my flights have had perfect descents.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, nikolajz1 said:

People have been making fun of PMDGs VNAV but it has been amazing for me so far. All my flights have had perfect descents.

Same.  No issue with VNAV here either.  Works correctly.

Jase

• Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

I'm about half way through a 12 hour flight from FACT to EGLL in the BBJ configured with aux tanks. Been using the save / load feature to resume the flight and it has worked flawlessly.

I'm not familiar with the 737 but have found that there is a lot of information on the PMDG 737 that can be searched for every time I get stuck, it helps that the sim aircraft has been available in various forms for years.

Still digging through the FMS and discovering new features, there is a lot of depth to this thing.

Performance has been great and I haven't encountered any CTDs or serious snags.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Is it just me or is the FBW LNAV perform much better than the PMDG ? 

Roi Ben

4 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

... and then there's PMDG.  @cavaricooper, let's just say you will not be disappointed in how the 737 flies. I'm... astounded at it. Can't think of a better word ;).

Hiya Andy! Thanks… I’ll give her a try…

C

PS- Read the Intro Credits when you can 😉

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Some folks reporting the LNAV/VNAV issues might want to check to ensure that any in-sim assists are all completely turned off, see RSR's post here: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/181199-vnav-heading-issues?p=182276#post182276

And couldn't agree more with what many of you are saying... how the PMDG 737, Milviz C310, FBW A320, and even the newly updated default C172 with CFD features all have effectively changed the game when it comes to flight models and aerodynamics in MSFS. As devs continue to learn and take advantage of MSFS's core capabilities even more, it's only gonna get better!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, nikolajz1 said:

I just did a Rwy 10 departure out of KBWI and the TERPZ7 departure required a left U turn to WONCE. As soon as I hit Exec, she turned toward the magenta and tracked it very well. It was a little outside of the curve, but that was pilot incompetence on my part as I had it north of 280kts instead of the <240kts we should have been to make that kind of track. I have to give the plane a pass on that one. 😁

Both of my prior RNAV descents were spot on.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440