Sign in to follow this  

I'm with most folks on this thread. I'm thinking we need a different type of Airbus. Some folks really like FSL (I'm not in that camp), some don't, but IMO, unless their A320 series is really easy to port, they should go with a different bus.

I'd like an A350, A380 and even a A340. The way the MSFS market is, combined with the slow pace of FSL development, they'll probably be beaten to the market by every dev team...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Well, the Fenix A320 is priced at 49.99 pounds: https://fenixsim.com/blog/entries/2022-05-15_end_of_beta/

If the Fenix A320 lives up to its hype and is that high fidelity, I don’t know how FSLabs competes against the Fenix A320 and at that price (of course, if the Fenix A320 is not as high fidelity as advertised and has a lot of bugs and is poor quality, then that is a different case).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Well, the Fenix A320 is priced at 49.99 pounds: https://fenixsim.com/blog/entries/2022-05-15_end_of_beta/

If the Fenix A320 lives up to its hype and is that high fidelity, I don’t know how FSLabs competes against the Fenix A320 and at that price (of course, if the Fenix A320 is not as high fidelity as advertised and has a lot of bugs and is poor quality, then that is a different case).

yep    have  to wait  and  see  when it  comes  out to see  how  good  it is  compared  to fsl  version

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I didn't want to keep adding to the FSLabs posts on the Fenix thread so posting here... Like some of you have already said, FSL really need to think out their MSFS plans/strategy and just focus on the A330 and/or Concorde.  They really have no business case for trying to put out an A320 for MSFS some time in the future (distant future if they stick to current development paces) given what Fenix and FBW bring to the table. Even if they match or exceed Fenix (and a future FBW) in depth of simulation by small or non-trivial margins, I still don't see a business case. Quite frankly maybe just focus on the Concorde as that's the only way they're bound to stand out from the rest of the quality devs for MSFS.

And on a related note, I was browsing the FSL forums and came across this amusing thread https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/31978-excellent-news-about-a320neo-and-concorde-for-p3d-first-thank-you/ , a certain someone along with some other acolytes of a certain sim still trying very hard to bash MSFS and failing in embarrassing fashion per usual, similar to what we see in some other parts of avsim :)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I didn't want to keep adding to the FSLabs posts on the Fenix thread so posting here... Like some of you have already said, FSL really need to think out their MSFS plans/strategy and just focus on the A330 and/or Concorde.  They really have no business case for trying to put out an A320 for MSFS some time in the future (distant future if they stick to current development paces) given what Fenix and FBW bring to the table. Even if they match or exceed Fenix (and a future FBW) in depth of simulation by small or non-trivial margins, I still don't see a business case. Quite frankly maybe just focus on the Concorde as that's the only way they're bound to stand out from the rest of the quality devs for MSFS.

And on a related note, I was browsing the FSL forums and came across this amusing thread https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/31978-excellent-news-about-a320neo-and-concorde-for-p3d-first-thank-you/ , a certain someone along with some other acolytes of a certain sim still trying very hard to bash MSFS and failing in embarrassing fashion per usual, similar to what we see in some other parts of avsim 🙂

Oh boy... I mean I love P3D and switched back and forth for the better part of the last two years... but anyone who says P3D looks better than MSFS needs urgent treatment.

EDIT: I wonder if it's because of those posts over there that FSL lived in some kind of bubble since MSFS released...?

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

And on a related note, I was browsing the FSL forums and came across this amusing thread https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/31978-excellent-news-about-a320neo-and-concorde-for-p3d-first-thank-you/ , a certain someone along with some other acolytes of a certain sim still trying very hard to bash MSFS and failing in embarrassing fashion per usual, similar to what we see in some other parts of avsim 🙂

Yearh... I read that thread and I don't know what to say. I don't know what happened to Rob here? But that thread is just so biased and skewed, that I don't know what to think here... He really seems like he have an axe to grind towards MSFS for some reason...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

28 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Yearh... I read that thread and I don't know what to say. I don't know what happened to Rob here? But that thread is just so biased and skewed, that I don't know what to think here... He really seems like he have an axe to grind towards MSFS for some reason...

I think he had mentioned in the past that he had been working on a software that would add seasons to msfs.  And then one of the sim updates totally broke it, and he couldn't get any support from MSFS.  I remember reading that here.  I can understand being upset.  Further I can clearly see some things that look better in p3d than msfs.  However, when I look at the total package...  MSFS is the clear winner.  The question I'd really like to know is just how far along fslabs is with any of their planes in the new sim?

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Well he got tired of bashing MSFS in Avsim and now he switched to FSL forums to bash it there lol.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

48 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Oh boy... I mean I love P3D and switched back and forth for the better part of the last two years... but anyone who says P3D looks better than MSFS needs urgent treatment.

I saw your post first and immediately thought “oh, that sounds like back when, right after MSFS was released, Rob A. was making the bold argument at Avsim that actually P3D looks better!” And then I click over to that thread and, ah, well. 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Just now, micstatic said:

I think he had mentioned in the past that he had been working on a software that would add seasons to msfs.  And then one of the sim updates totally broke it, and he couldn't get any support from MSFS.  I remember reading that here.  I can understand being upset.  Further I can clearly see some things that look better in p3d than msfs

And then how REX and Bijian managed to pull seasons add-ones? 😐 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I think he had mentioned in the past that he had been working on a software that would add seasons to msfs.  And then one of the sim updates totally broke it, and he couldn't get any support from MSFS.  I remember reading that here.  I can understand being upset. 

Unfortunately, I think Microsoft/Asobo have their 1st class 3rd party developers that have easy access to Microsoft/Asobo personnel, and then other 3rd party developers that are not as high priority for Microsoft/Asobo who don't get quick responses, and may have to rely on the forum designated for 3rd parties, to hopefully get some traction on specific issues.  PMDG would be an example of a 1st class 3rd party developer.  I believe PMDG has a direct line to multiple lines to the various teams in Asobo, and of course a direct line to Jorg himself.

For many of the smaller 3rd party developers, I don't think they get the same treatment as PMDG.  It is what it is, as unfair as it seems to the smaller developers.  If I were Microsoft/Asobo, I would do the same thing though, giving 1st class treatment to companies like PMDG, because for better or worse, PMDG's add-ons can make or break the sales and future for MSFS. For the other smaller 3rd party developers, their add-ons definitely improve MSFS, but they aren't a game changer like a PMDG add-on.  At the end of the day, Microsoft/Asobo's personnel are busy so they can only respond to the requests of so many 3rd party developers.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

42 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Unfortunately, I think Microsoft/Asobo have their 1st class 3rd party developers that have easy access to Microsoft/Asobo personnel, and then other 3rd party developers that are not as high priority for Microsoft/Asobo who get the silent treatment.  PMDG would be an example of a 1st class 3rd party developer.  I believe PMDG has a direct line to multiple lines to the various teams in Asobo, and of course a direct line to Jorg himself.

For many of the smaller 3rd party developers, I don't think they get the same treatment as PMDG.  It is what it is, as unfair as it seems to the smaller developers.  If I were Microsoft/Asobo, I would do the same thing though, giving 1st class treatment to companies like PMDG, because for better or worse, PMDG's add-ons can make or break the sales and future for MSFS. For the other smaller 3rd party developers, their add-ons definitely improve MSFS, but they aren't a game changer like a PMDG add-on.  At the end of the day, Microsoft/Asobo's personnel are busy so they can only respond to the requests of so many 3rd party developers.

Just to remind, he has been always anti-MSFS even long before MSFS release. He was spreading some non-truth facts here in this forums like we have to pay monthly fee for MSFS although Jorg at that time said the opposite. The weird thing, we tried to convince him maybe he was mistaken Game pass with that but he was still holding his claim. So yeah, I wouldn't trust anything he said. 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Washing my eyes after reading that thread on FSLab

With that attitude, I truly wish they stay with whatever platform they enjoy the most forever and never come to MSFS. The toxicity is so strong that I may need to call authority to check if it's qualified as a bioweapon 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Well he got tired of bashing MSFS in Avsim and now he switched to FSL forums to bash it there lol.

To summarize what Rob is saying on the other forum, “I’m right, and everyone else (the market) is wrong.”  Did I miss anything?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

19 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Just to remind, he has been always anti-MSFS even long before MSFS release. He was spreading some non-truth facts here in this forums like we have to pay monthly fee for MSFS although Jorg at that said the opposite. The weird thing, we tried to convince him maybe he was mistaken Game pass with that but he was still holding his claim. So yeah, I wouldn't trust anything he said. 

That's like the other genius from the XP forums who went around blabbering on about various non-truths about MSFS including the monthly subscription thing, I also remember him trying his absolute darndest to show how XP11 really looks better than MSFS lol

All these salty devs and users of other sims trying their hardest to bash MSFS in direct or less-direct ways is a strange thing to see, but definitely amusing, and understandable especially now that the one crutch they kept holding on to in terms of avionics/systems/aerodynamics superiority (by picking on default MSFS aircraft) has been blown up & put to rest in spectacular fashion this month.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD