Sign in to follow this  

5 hours ago, WestAir said:

So, and my opinion here is complete conjecture with 0 facts, but I imagine Pro-Sim was just a one-time strategy that Fenix used to get their first product to the market at a level of fidelity that would have been completely cost prohibitive without pro-sim. BUT, once they start to collect on the massive influx of revenue generated by the A320, they'll be able to grow their development team to fund future products at a speed that won't require pro-sim. And so, in my opinion, the A320 could allow Fenix to fund a from-zero-to-hero production line of products, as long as Aamir and the team don't spend all the revenue on vacation homes and nights at the pub. 😂

Wasn't Pro-sim applicable to the B737?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

The FSLabs A32X planes are the best payware planes I've ever flown, systems wise at least.  I'm currently flying the updated A320 on my way to Vegas and it is incredibly immersive. I do think they are a tad late to the party but I do look forward to all of the future releases that were mentioned in their post today.

Orman

1 hour ago, VBHB said:

FSL should do the A350. A320 is saturated now.

It's supposedly impossible to have a high fidelity A350 at this stage. There is very little public information about the advanced systems and Airbus is apparently pretty tight lipped about it all. It will be years before we get a good A350.

• Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

If not already mentioned - the one advantage FSL will have over Fenix is hardware (Skalarki support) - Fenix will have zero support for hardware implementation (this would take away from ProSim market share).

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

4 hours ago, OmniAtlas said:

If not already mentioned - the one advantage FSL will have over Fenix is hardware (Skalarki support) - Fenix will have zero support for hardware implementation (this would take away from ProSim market share).

That's true. Although Aamir said they are trying to work something out, whatever that means. It's also one of my fears that this addon will be more or less "mouse only", when it comes to buttons, switches and rotary knobs. 

Fslabs is also very good at simulating icing (visually and in terms of flying characteristics). It can have a real impact on your flight. I'm not sure Fenix can do that (at release). 

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

22 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

So if you set the time in the sim to 11:00 local which matches your own time you’re getting the nighttime weather for your daytime flight.

That doesn’t sound very realistic to me.

I always use real time whenever I am. And even if I set the time differently, I have never ever since FS9 bothered to change the weather to reflect the time in the sim.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

15 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

It's supposedly impossible to have a high fidelity A350 at this stage. There is very little public information about the advanced systems and Airbus is apparently pretty tight lipped about it all. It will be years before we get a good A350.

I'm familiar with developers working on an A350 and this isn't really true anymore. A350s are commonplace now and a lot of airlines have them. It is definitely possible to make something very detailed.

• Like 5

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

22 minutes ago, holland786 said:

I'm familiar with developers working on an A350 and this isn't really true anymore. A350s are commonplace now and a lot of airlines have them. It is definitely possible to make something very detailed.

But about the sounds, how does it work, do you rent the plane for a couple of hours, make a deal with an airline?

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

I always use real time whenever I am. And even if I set the time differently, I have never ever since FS9 bothered to change the weather to reflect the time in the sim.

Okay, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I really wish someone would step up and do A350WXB for MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 hours ago, bendead said:

But about the sounds, how does it work, do you rent the plane for a couple of hours, make a deal with an airline?

Gonna depend on the specific developer. Some do just that.

Edited by holland786

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations