Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

PMDG 737 appreciation topic!

Oh no not another PMDG thread!  This time I'm just coming to say how much I love this new bird, want to know the best thing about it?  The performance!  Honestly after flying it in FSX and P3D on moderate hardware I was apprehensive about how it would perform on my ageing i7 4790k, 1070 and 16GB and a spinney drive in MSFS.  But guess what, its probably the best performing bird in my hangar!  Rock solid 30FPS for the most part with moderate AIG traffic running Med-High settings.  Absolutely over the moon!  There are a few niggles but I expect PMDG patches to be dropping soon to mop up.

Overall outstanding job!  If you share my love then drop it in this thread!

• Like 13
  • Upvote 3

Thomas Derbyshire

They knocked it out of the park in my opinion. Incredible performance, the flight model is spectacular, all of the systems are there. I love it. Totally worth the long wait. It will be difficult for me to use other simulators now that all of our favorite birds are making the move into MSFS. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Yeah. I love it.

I've had several great flights and plan on 2 more today.

• Like 4

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

For someone who has traditionally been a GA and warbird only flier, I am LOVING the PMDG 737. On my system, the performance is super smooth, there are many optional settings for the aircraft, the systems modeling is done very well, and the aircraft looks and flies great, for me, in MSFS. Very well executed sim aircraft PMDG! 🙂

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I'm happy with it for sure.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Yup, PMDG nailed it with this one.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Flew my first complete flight today.  Could find no faults with this bird.  They got it right the first try.  Now if we just knew how to bind buttons to our controls🙃

• Like 2

Yeah they really did nail it this time. 

The flight model and sounds are just soooooo good. 

I really hope we’ll get an EFB, WX radar and a LNAV2.0. That would would really be amazing. 

• Like 6

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

PMDG absolutely nailed it, and the best part is that it's just their initial offering (imagine how it'll get better in the next 2-3 months and then onwards to the 777/747)... like I said elsewhere, best ever 737 experience in a computer sim for me, compared to my own 3+ decades of simming 🙂 ... My thoughts are similar to what Flightdeck2Sim recently mentioned when he compared it to the Zibo in XP: they both come out relatively equal-ish to him in terms of systems, flight model, etc.  PMDG for me definitely has an edge when it comes to systems over the Zibo, but ground model is let down slightly by MSFS's current ground physics which they'll hopefully improve soon.

But then an aircraft like the PMDG 737 in MSFS is just a massively better overall experience versus Zibo in XP, because.. well it's XP lol (and no, XP12 isn't even moving the needle in any appreciable way for me). Thanks to PMDG (and of course FBW, Milviz, Maddog, JF, Fenix, FSW, etc) for finally making MSFS an absolute joy and best-of-all-worlds flight sim, for me. And of course Asobo for the base sim and enabling such great experiences including both the phenomenal world/weather modelling and core flight/aerodynamics engine. It's all overwhelming and eerie that most of this just happened in the span of a few weeks of each other in May 2022, but I'm ready to keep spending as long as the experience remains so compelling as this.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Agree with all the comments here, what a maturation from the NGx, to the NGXu and now the MSFS one.  The sounds blow me away each flight.  VC textures are great and it actually works and flies correctly!  I like being able to save panel states again and have a steering tiller.  

• Like 5

Simon

and the price was right!

• Like 4

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

42 minutes ago, DJJose said:

and the price was right!

The price was indeed is very good, i hope they make a lot from the sales, which hopefully will encourage even more development going forward.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Absolutely fantastic! Nuff said 👌👌

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

They didn't drop the ball. Apart from the expected launch trauma with their website it was a flawless release. Looking forward to the 800 as my next purchase. 600/900 I'll get if they ever go on sale but I wouldn't see myself flying them too often. Very much looking forward to the MAX thereafter.

• Like 4

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS