Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

PF3 works no matter what aircraft you are flying.  

FSHud too but I don't use it with the 310 and 152 because I simply don't fly the kind of flights you'd need ATC for in the 310 and 152. ;) I did't mean to say FSHud won't work with some planes. Having said that: FSHud doesn't yet support VFR flights officially. (That's your cue to say PF3 does, Bob! ;) ) 

• Like 3

Just had this thought that it could be possible to use FSHud to inject AI+GA traffic but use default for ATC. Of course I’ll miss default ATC interacting with AI, but on the plus side I get error-free airliner and GA traffic, without using AIG TC. One could ask why I don’t like using FSHud for ATC. Well, the voices are kinda terrible…

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

One could ask why I don’t like using FSHud for ATC. Well, the voices are kinda terrible…

Funny how everyone hears things differently. 😉 Whenever I read that someone says the voices of PF3 or PROATC are great I always think 'Are you kidding me?' And now I read someone finds the FSHud voices terrible (not bas but terrible!) I think again 'Are you kidding me?' 🙂 Imho the FSHud voices (though there aren't many yet) are awesome...! LOL

Anyway, I installed the latest version of FSHud (those updates just keep coming) and the dev made some great steps with the descent calculation! Up to now FSHud didn't keep constraints (in a STAR) but now, for the first time, ATC was spot on when it came to constraints! They altitudes matched the charts perfectly (up to the finale part). Nice! I flew the exact same flight that went totally wrong a week ago but all went perfect now! 

Unfortunately an apparently new feature was a bit over the top: while flying the STAR I was given multiple headings for each and every turn... But I am sure the dev will solve that. EDIT MY BAD, I wasn't flying a STAR, I finished the STAR already but the airport in case has a somewhat odd and long initial arrival (with seperate chart and all) and the new feature appears to be: vectors during the approach part (which is neat!).

I do think FSHud has a bright future! 

Edited by tup61
  • Like 2

I also think the FsHud voices are way better then any other Atc.

Fshud also receives weekly updates, I also think it has a bright future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Imho the FSHud voices (though there aren't many yet) are awesome...! LOL

Well I guess they're not terrible. Not excellent though 😉 I guess I've gotten used to the Azure voices which (except from the poor variety) IMO is excellent. If FSHud had something similar - Azure, Amazon Polly - I would use it all the time. But then it'd probably be subscription based for $$ each month, lol. Neural TTS is not cheap. 

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Anyway, I installed the latest version of FSHud (those updates just keep coming) and the dev made some great steps with the descent calculation! Up to now FSHud didn't keep constraints (in a STAR) but now, for the first time, ATC was spot on when it came to constraints! They altitudes matched the charts perfectly (up to the finale part). Nice! I flew the exact same flight that went totally wrong a week ago but all went perfect now! 

This is great! Although I'm flying GA nowadays, I usually fly IFR, and getting ATC on STARs and approaches is a must. 

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

I do think FSHud has a bright future!

I would have to agree. Let's just say - it's growing on me 🙂 Just finished a flight - sightseeing around the Taipei area. I was tuned in to Songshan tower and although I had not planned a flight, it was not bad having FSHud active, getting both airliner and GA traffic, with the excellent AIG liveries, and having FSHud control all of it. 

vRLekdF.jpg

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

I've been struggling a bit with getting flight plans accepted when I enter them manually in FSHud. Today I entered a flight plan without an approach, and to my surprise this came up as I closed in on the arrival airport: 

3YR7leN.jpg

Great feature! 

29 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I've been struggling a bit with getting flight plans accepted when I enter them manually in FSHud. Today I entered a flight plan without an approach, and to my surprise this came up as I closed in on the arrival airport: 

3YR7leN.jpg

Great feature! 

Do you have to have that ATC billboard up when you are flying?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Haha luckily no 😅 I’ve made a key bind so I only bring it up when needed.

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Great feature! 

Well... that's interesting...! Up to now you HAD to add an approach afaik. I do like the recent updates: they are really changing things and making it better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

For a better impression of the looks and size of that billboard: here is a screenshot of how the interface usually looks on an 1440p monitor. As Cpt_Piett already said, there is a key to hide the menu with one click. Good thing to know is that you don't really have to have that window on screen, certainly not during the flight itself. Only when you are assigned an approach (as in Cpt_Piett's screenshot) you will have to open it to acknowledge it. All other communications can be done with the screen invisible and usually are done automatically. I myself have it set up so I have to manually change the frequencies (which can also be on automatic) which gives me something to do. ;)

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Well... that's interesting...! Up to now you HAD to add an approach afaik. I do like the recent updates: they are really changing things and making it better.

It’s a very good change! Also it’s possible to cancel the flight plan after departure, amend it then file a new flight plan. E.g. I realized I wanted to add a waypoint on the border of Taiwan and the Philippines. No problem 👌🏻

EDIT: I had cropped my screenshot, so it might have seemed like da “billboard” (I’m sure that was in no way meant in a derogatory way, right Bob) was covering the whole screen 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Also it’s possible to cancel the flight plan after departure, amend it then file a new flight plan. E.g. I realized I wanted to add a waypoint on the border of Taiwan and the Philippines. No problem

Indeed! You can even change your destination this way and proceed to another airport from the position you contact ATC again!

• Like 2

Could someone tell me if the stuttering ground traffic injected by FSHUD has been resolved or if SU10 resolves the issue and if it is worth "taking the plunge" and investing in it at this point?

I have managed so far by importing my Simbrief plans into Little Navmap, entering the SID, STARS and approach details and then exporting to FS2020 as a .pln file for ATC to pick up (while I load the Simbrief plan into the FMC) but it is far from perfect. Descents are sometimes but not always instructed and I usually have to descend in 10,000ft increments, requested from ATC. Approaches are usually instructed correctly.

I like the sound of FSHUD. I tried P2ATC and while it is an excellent piece of software, the fact that it basically only ever "saw" and instructed me, while other traffic moved around me and was ignored, was a deal breaker. It was as if I was the only aircraft in the sim.

Thanks in advance for any information.

15 hours ago, Vel said:

Could someone tell me if the stuttering ground traffic injected by FSHUD has been resolved or if SU10 resolves the issue and if it is worth "taking the plunge" and investing in it at this point?

Just noticed the stuttering movement on AI aircraft, both on ground an in air. What’s up with that?

46 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just noticed the stuttering movement on AI aircraft, both on ground an in air. What’s up with that?

While I havent witnessed it as I dont own the product, I have seen it mentioned as a downside to FSHUD. Do you disagree? Is it not that pronounced?

(I know that it is an FS2020 issue as the ground traffic position can only be updated once per second apparently).