Jump to content
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

Recommended Posts

Hi,

For those waiting for FSHud - Air Traffic Control to come to MSFS, we have had successful beta testing and decided to post some captures from a test flight from KLGA to KATL.

These pics are from the forum thread over at https://www.simforums.com/forums/msfs-beta-pictures_topic64754.html

Not all communications appears in this beta preview...  It starts after requesting departure clearance and taxi and pushback, and a lot of the departure phase is captured.

msfs1.jpg

msfs2.jpg

msfs3.jpg

msfs4.jpg

msfs5.jpg

msfs6.jpg

Edited by Steve Halpern
  • Like 7

Thanks,

 

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does this do differently compared to the default ATC and existing third party software? The huge drawback for third party solutions ist, that they don't actually control traffic - they just help you avoid traffic, never the other way around. Also they are ugly and clunky and generally far from user friendly. The problems with the default ATC are well known ofc. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

What does this do differently compared to the default ATC and existing third party software? The huge drawback for third party solutions ist, that they don't actually control traffic - they just help you avoid traffic, never the other way around. Also they are ugly and clunky and generally far from user friendly. The problems with the default ATC are well known ofc. 

 

Hello,

As it was mentioned in product website:
https://www.fshud.com/

FSHud - Air Traffic Control completely handles AI Traffic during all stages in a low level (including parking, taxi, takeoff/landing and airborne).
Including care of conflicts forecasts and traffic separation.
All AI Traffic aircrafts are separated by timeslots accordingly and performing complete real world flight plans including procedures and following by Airways.
Most of it was mentioned in our P3D forums:
https://www.simforums.com/forums/understanding-fshudair-traffic-control-traffic_topic64710.html

And product page:
https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?vid=flt1sf&pid=fshudv1

Mostly in default ATC engine of MSFS and P3D there is no traffic separations. It causes to continuous go-arounds and formation flights which doesn't seems realistic.

Thank you

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FSHud said:

Hello,

As it was mentioned in product website:
https://www.fshud.com/

FSHud - Air Traffic Control completely handles AI Traffic during all stages in a low level (including parking, taxi, takeoff/landing and airborne).
Including care of conflicts forecasts and traffic separation.
All AI Traffic aircrafts are separated by timeslots accordingly and performing complete real world flight plans including procedures and following by Airways.
Most of it was mentioned in our P3D forums:
https://www.simforums.com/forums/understanding-fshudair-traffic-control-traffic_topic64710.html

And product page:
https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?vid=flt1sf&pid=fshudv1

Mostly in default ATC engine of MSFS and P3D there is no traffic separations. It causes to continuous go-arounds and formation flights which doesn't seems realistic.

Thank you

Thanks for the reply. I never used P3D so I have no idea how good or bad traffic and atc there is.

On your homepage you state that there are limitations caused by MSFS, which I suspected might be the same as for the other ATC programs. But I also don't know what happened with the API in the last few months or what it is exactly capable of. Always happy to have more choice though. Since I fly with offline ATC only that is the area of MSFS that would have the biggest impact for me if done well.

Edited by kakihara123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will it be available anywhere besides Flight1? Also, I read above that it will control AI traffic. Does this apply to AIG which, and I may be mistaken about this, uses its own format rather than .bgl?

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is still using default traffic data but been expanded to use the AIG BGL format better. We are looking at ways to broaden traffic methods in future editions so it would not be limited to BGL.

Currently, it is only for sale via Flight1. We have not placed it in other stores at this time.


Thanks,

 

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks really promising. I watched the video and liked a lot of it. When you say it's "been expanded to use the AIG BGL" does that mean it works with AIG or not? Will it work with the Traffic Controller or must that be off?

How does it handle live weather? Will it react to a change of forecast winds at the destination? Does it route around TB's (or allow me to deviate)?

I know this is a beta, so if any of these are planned, that's just as good!


Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been keeping an eye on this over on the P3D Forums, very interesting indeed.  I currently use Pilot2ATC like many others but that does not control the AI Traffic.  As soon as this is available for MSFS I'll purchase 🙂 I've now removed P3D from my PC as the Maddog and the PMDG 737 are now out.  I know you've probably been asked this many times already but any idea on a time frame for a release for MSFS2020?


Dean Farley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Andayle said:

I've been keeping an eye on this over on the P3D Forums, very interesting indeed.  I currently use Pilot2ATC like many others but that does not control the AI Traffic.  As soon as this is available for MSFS I'll purchase 🙂 I've now removed P3D from my PC as the Maddog and the PMDG 737 are now out.  I know you've probably been asked this many times already but any idea on a time frame for a release for MSFS2020?

I used to use Pilot2ATC in other sims but the fact that it didn't interact with AI traffic made me stop. I'll get this one if it's assured to work with the MSFS version of AIG.

Also, Steve, please consider other methods of purchasing the software. I've always found Flght1 cumbersome to use.

 

Edited by ricka47
  • Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick, we are phasing out the original wrapper (a few vendors still use it). We have moved to an easier platform.

Stand by, we are in testing FSHud in MSFS now.

Edited by Steve Halpern
  • Like 2

Thanks,

 

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Andayle said:

I know you've probably been asked this many times already but any idea on a time frame for a release for MSFS2020?

There is no date, but we have been testing with good success... if that is any indicator 🙂


Thanks,

 

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, WestAir said:

so if any of these are planned, that's just as good!

FSHud requires exclusive control of traffic (so I assume anything else would have to be turned off). How we generate traffic is being expanded... so, it is better said that EVERYTHING you mention in your post is being implemented, or on the planning list. Remember, there are limits to MSFS weather now. I heard they are working on expanding how that works...

  • Like 2

Thanks,

 

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

Rick, we are phasing out the original wrapper (a few vendors still use it). We have moved to an easier platform.

Stand by, we are in testing FSHud in MSFS now.

Glad to see Flight1 is still alive and kickin'.

F1 was once a leader in innovative aircraft - I'd love to see one here in MSFS.

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...