Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

5 minutes ago, VFRHawk said:

OK, sorry to hijack the thread but this is confusing me.

I've just used Simbrief to plan a route from Palma Majorca (LEPA) to Alicante (LEAL).  It gave me:

BAVE3A BAVER R59 GERVU GERV2M (I'm using an older airac cycle so you may get different results)

Looking at the map it's a straight out from the airport to an airway, and then at the arrivals end it just goes from a waypoint north of - and at almost 90 degrees to - the runway, to the runway?

So unless I've misunderstood, the route its given doesn't have a SID or STAR?  Those would need to be added?

The Departure/SID is BAVE3A to BAVER, then you'll fly R59 to GERVU and perform the GERV2M arrival/STAR. Simbrief should also tell you what runways it wants you to use in the brief somewhere.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

12 minutes ago, WestAir said:

The Departure/SID is BAVE3A to BAVER, then you'll fly R59 to GERVU and perform the GERV2M arrival/STAR. Simbrief should also tell you what runways it wants you to use in the brief somewhere.

Ah, so the first and last waypoints are the SID and STAR?  OK, and yes, it tells me the runways as well.

So when I put that route in to something like FSHud, it'll expand those first and last waypoints in to the full procedures?  Don't think that use to happen back when I was using Pro ATC/X in P3D, you just got a single fixed waypoint - no series of points to bring you to the correct runway heading at the arrival end etc.

20 hours ago, WestAir said:

Presumably subject to change? Or does FSHUD just give you what you filed regardless of changes in the weather?

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

On 6/2/2022 at 6:31 PM, Gazzareth said:

Presumably subject to change? Or does FSHUD just give you what you filed regardless of changes in the weather?

G

You can change your SID/STAR before your flight, and at the TOD point during the arrival clearance phase. Additional flexibility is planned for a later release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FSHud said:

You can change your SID/STAR before your flight, and at the TOD point during the arrival clearance phase. Additional flexibility is planned for a later release.

Thanks for the info, love the idea that it can integrate properly with the AI. But sounds like it has a long, long way to go before it can tempt me away from P2A.

Will keep an eye on it though.

Cheers,

G

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FSHud said:

I think the uncertainty element is extremely important. ATC should definitely try to give you what you request, but it should always be possible, depending on traffic, to deny requests and force you to adapt. The worst thing is when you always plan your flight and it just plays out exactly like that. 

Cool stuff would be: Holds if it's busy, closed airport because of emergencies or bad weather forcing you do divert, declaring emergencies yourself (this gets more and more important as addons include complex failure simulations).

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

I think the uncertainty element is extremely important. ATC should definitely try to give you what you request, but it should always be possible, depending on traffic, to deny requests and force you to adapt. The worst thing is when you always plan your flight and it just plays out exactly like that. 

Cool stuff would be: Holds if it's busy, closed airport because of emergencies or bad weather forcing you do divert, declaring emergencies yourself (this gets more and more important as addons include complex failure simulations).

Absolutely, also staying IFR is great if you're an airliner, in smaller stuff it's great to have the option to cancel IFR in the air and then go visual and over to tower. Although wouldn't say it's the worst thing if everything goes to plan, just if it all goes to plan EVERY time despite changing circumstances.

Did have a trawl through YT watching FSHud stuff, but everything I've seen to date looks like Radar Contact (which was great back in the day) that is procedure aware, although now sounds like it doesn't change your arrival due to weather unlike RC (albeit vectors)....

G

Heard this was released today.  Anyone try it?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

if it can control AIG AI with proper  sid and stars that would be amazing.....

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Taken from the FAQ section

Q. What traffic apps are compatible?
A. AIG traffic is now supported, including AIG and other BGL formatted traffic files. Because FSHud – Air Traffic Control is injecting traffic, and moving it according to real-world specifications, you must allow the application to have exclusive control of your traffic.

Seems to me there are too many restrictions still in MSFS

"Q. I'm using MSFS and the application shows that weather is clear, and there is no wind?
A. The MSFS SDK doesn't support weather retrieval information at this time. Active ActiveSky for P3D can be used as a weather source workaround."

and

"Q. In MSFS – at times it appears AI aircraft are “jumping”, or not smoothly moving forward?
A. This is due to an MSFS SDK bug that doesn't allow aircraft to follow the path presented for it - therefore, the application updates the AI Aircraft position according to estimations every second. This behavior would be fixed once the MSFS SDK bug is fixed."

And no word if MSFS live traffic is supported - what I think, is not possible.

So happy to read some reports from early adopters 😉

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep I hold. weather and fluid AI is important

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Yeah I tried it. AIG traffic positions are only updated once per second and it looks terrible. For now it's a deal breaker for me and will return to Pilot2ATC. That will teach me for being an early adopter, but I did have high hopes for this. I hope it improves. On the plus side, I do like that ATC commands are simple 1 push responses, as opposed to digging through the Push to talk menue in Pilot2ATC.

It does remind me of the old Radar Contact.

• Like 1

That is a shame. I was really looking forward to this. 
Hopefully SU 10 takes care of the weather, but who knows about the pathing bug…

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 hours ago, timd24 said:

Yeah I tried it. AIG traffic positions are only updated once per second and it looks terrible. For now it's a deal breaker for me and will return to Pilot2ATC. That will teach me for being an early adopter, but I did have high hopes for this. I hope it improves. On the plus side, I do like that ATC commands are simple 1 push responses, as opposed to digging through the Push to talk menue in Pilot2ATC.

It does remind me of the old Radar Contact.

I liked the old RC. So, the slow AI update makes them all jerky?

Also, as it says in the FAQ, FSHud has to take control of traffic. If I use AIG, this would mean not using using the AIG Controller which would result in the the loss of some extra features that the AIG Controller provides.

Edited by ricka47
  • Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale