Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

5 hours ago, snwboardn said:

Out of curiousity how does https://www.lekseecon.nl/ do it? I have seen videos of their live traffic injection and traffic jumping doesn't happen for them

I definitely get jumping/stuttering AI traffic with PSXT + RT + AIG however sometimes it is worse than others (its never as good as using MSFS traffic or AIG Traffic Controller). 

That said, even with PSXT + RT + AIG its not updating into the some just once a second - Once a second would be VERY jumpy and I wonder if this is why we haven't seen a demo of it yet. 

I love the idea of the program, but at the moment there are two key dealbreakers

1. Jumpy AI - You've got to figure out a way of updating more than once ever second - nobody is going to want AI thats skippig down the taxiway.

2. You've got to be able to extract the WX from MSFS. Apparantly that capabiltiy is coming in SU10 so you might not have long to wait before you can do that. 

Either way, good luck with the continued development - it sounds like a program with a lot of promise. 

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

6 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

I definitely get jumping/stuttering AI traffic with PSXT + RT + AIG however sometimes it is worse than others (its never as good as using MSFS traffic or AIG Traffic Controller). 

That said, even with PSXT + RT + AIG its not updating into the some just once a second - Once a second would be VERY jumpy and I wonder if this is why we haven't seen a demo of it yet. 

I love the idea of the program, but at the moment there are two key dealbreakers

1. Jumpy AI - You've got to figure out a way of updating more than once ever second - nobody is going to want AI thats skippig down the taxiway.

2. You've got to be able to extract the WX from MSFS. Apparantly that capabiltiy is coming in SU10 so you might not have long to wait before you can do that. 

Either way, good luck with the continued development - it sounds like a program with a lot of promise. 

There is definitely something not correct with your config, being it Windows, MSFS, some background app, too high settings, hardware or a not fast enough IN connection….

Works fine here like it did in P3D.

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

There is definitely something not correct with your config, being it Windows, MSFS, some background app, too high settings, hardware or a not fast enough IN connection….

Works fine here like it did in P3D.

Yeah don't think that there is. I've been using PSXT + RT + AIG for ages and accross multiple installs and its often stuttered. Sometimes its smooth but more often than not it stutters a little. Taxiing isn't too bad, but in the air there is heaps. When I first installed it I thought the same as you, there must be something wrong with my system, but reading on Nico's forum here there are plenty of other people who get the same issues.

I'd be more than happy if it was something on my end, but its always done it, on multple clean installs of Windows and MSFS. My internet conneect is 100mbits....system specs down below.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

11 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@Kaiii3 can probably answer this.

TC for MSFS is not reading any weather data, this feature is P3D only at the moment.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Hmm.....has anyone used the ATC function yet....any feedback?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

27 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Yeah don't think that there is. I've been using PSXT + RT + AIG for ages and accross multiple installs and its often stuttered. Sometimes its smooth but more often than not it stutters a little. Taxiing isn't too bad, but in the air there is heaps. When I first installed it I thought the same as you, there must be something wrong with my system, but reading on Nico's forum here there are plenty of other people who get the same issues.

I'd be more than happy if it was something on my end, but its always done it, on multple clean installs of Windows and MSFS. My internet conneect is 100mbits....system specs down below.

If you have always done the same way setting up everything, you probably will get the same result every time…

Btw : I have a 600 mbits IN connection.

Regarding your stutters you could try limiting your parked ac to max 25 for an airport. Having 50+ parked planes really hammers your main thread….

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Four questions:

1. If the radio channel changes, is this also visible in for instance the Fenix or does FSHud has a system of its own? 

2. Can you set the radio yourself if you want to? 

3. Will FSHud correct you if you stray off path or fly to low?

4. Will vectors lead you to the approach in a proper intercept angle? 

I still might have bought this if it had a proper early access price... Because for MSFS this really seems an early access version. 

Edited by tup61

55 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

but reading on Nico's forum here there are plenty of other people who get the same issues.

Well don't forget that users that do not have these issues normally don't post in my Forum....

There are many many more users than the few that post complaints....

Like Gerard already wrote  it all comes down on your settings and the AI aircraft you are using. Don't use 4k liveries for example. 

My pc is 4 years old, a non overclocked i5 , 16 Mb ram and 1070ti. Ofcourse not that fluent as canned traffic but still very  good.

Positions are updated 30 times a second  don't know where you get that once a second from.

For the thrill of seeing live traffic you have to pay a small price in smoothness. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiek said:

Well don't forget that users that do not have these issues normally don't post in my Forum....

There are many many more users than the few that post complaints....

Like Gerard already wrote  it all comes down on your settings and the AI aircraft you are using. Don't use 4k liveries for example. 

My pc is 4 years old, a non overclocked i5 , 16 Mb ram and 1070ti. Ofcourse not that fluent as canned traffic but still very  good.

Positions are updated 30 times a second  don't know where you get that once a second from.

For the thrill of seeing live traffic you have to pay a small price in smoothness. 

Calm down Nico - I love your program, just that its always stuttered somewhat. I'll play around with lowering all manner of settings now and see what happens. 

The once per second was a reference to FS Hud which is updating once per second. This is after all a thread about FS Hud.

Kael Oswald

I agree with Nico, I have no stuttering when using either Nico's AI or AIG with the AIG TC and I don't have a 'NASA' PC at all😃

• Like 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I have watched the airplane behavior at EDDF about 30 minutes by using live weather. I use Simple Traffic, and I have set AI-traffic in MSFS to "OFFLINE". 

So what I have observed within these minutes?

In the first 15 minutes the traffic behavior was absolutely chaotic. Airplanes crossed the airport from all directions. It looked like they wanted to land but they did not. Moreover I had got the feeling that they wanted to land far behind the runways.

Then after about 15 minutes the traffic settled down. Now the airplanes landed correctly, and everything looked far better.

I think some more tests are needed...

Patric

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

Four questions:

1. If the radio channel changes, is this also visible in for instance the Fenix or does FSHud has a system of its own? 

2. Can you set the radio yourself if you want to? 

3. Will FSHud correct you if you stray off path or fly to low?

4. Will vectors lead you to the approach in a proper intercept angle? 

I still might have bought this if it had a proper early access price... Because for MSFS this really seems an early access version. 

One more question:

5. Will FSHud keep constraints?

BTW It's a bit worrying to see hardly any video's of FSHud on YT... I also checked the official forum and see lots of 'we will add this in the future'... This REALLY is an early access app so I will have to pass for now. Pity, because I really do miss ATC and don't like any of the current ATC add ons. Drop the price 50% and I will gladly buy it (that would be a proper early access price) but in its current state... no.

The first thing I need to see being added is the option to alter the taxi route on the fly. As it is now you will lose contact with ATC 'forever' if you miss just one leg of the route. That is WAY to strict imho. This is something the devs themselves can solve (and should already have changed by now imho).

The second thing is the ability for FSHud to read the MSFS weather. Unfortunately this is up to Asobo at first.

I would REALLY love to get this add on... but there are too many things not right yet and I don't like to gamble.

EDIT
Is there a link to the the SimBrief Integration manual?

EDIT 2
Am I correct in thinking I have to manually add altitude restrictions for the entire plan...? Can't FSHud read this from the Navigraph data...? https://www.fshud.com/#/site/manuals/flight-planning The amount of flight planning you need to do seems a bit too much: as with other ATC addons you have to write a complete script for the entire flight and then the addon simply plays it back...?

EDIT 3
I also wonder how FSHud deals with approaches like EHAM ILS27 where the charts leads you all the way to SPL while you should be vectored after ARTIP. Will FSHud automatically 'see' and 'know' this and vector you or will it lead you all the way to SPL?

Edited by tup61

15 hours ago, FSHud said:

Hello,
It means that all weather would be CAVOK with no winds - because there is no way to pull weather data from MSFS.
ActiveSky is not mandatory but "workaround" for that, it can be turned off.
If there is no wind, runways in use would be assigned by other priorities - distance to parking, length, traffic load factor and so on.
However - you can override departure and arrival settings.
Those things are mentioned and explained in our FAQ and manuals pages

Hi @FSHud & @Steve Halpern

Just out of interest, when you say there is no way to pull weather data from MSFS, I presume you mean at a destination airport? Given airlines (Fenix/PMDG/Carenado etc) are able to pull weather effecting their aircraft out of MSFS I assume that you can established what the WX is at the USERS location, just not destination location correct? Given that, would you not be able to set correct runways for DEPARTURE at least, based on wind?

Cheers,

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

@tup61,

I'll try and answer those questions in more detail tomorrow, but pretty much none of what you are asking is working right now. I haven't been vectored for an approach when I normally would. 

Also, If you miss a waypoint, you're on you're own and won't hear from ATC ever again it seems. That's made harder by the fact that it's hard to visually check it's interpretation of the simbrief flight plan.

It all seems pretty basic in it's current implementation.

I'll be back to using Pilot2ATC until this matures, and I sincerely hope it does. 

Edited by timd24
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, timd24 said:

@tup61,

I'll try and answer those questions in more detail tomorrow, but pretty much none of what you are asking is working right now. I haven't been vectored for an approach when I normally would. 

Also, If you miss a waypoint, you're on you're own and won't hear from ATC ever again it seems. That's made harder by the fact that it's hard to visually check it's interpretation of the simbrief flight plan.

It all seems pretty basic in it's current implementation.

I'll be back to using Pilot2ATC until this matures, and I sincerely hope it does. 

Thanks for the mini-review. Still interested and looking forward to more detail tomorrow but for now it seems it's not what I hoped it would be. If ever, I might even add. I don't like ATC add ons in which I have to tell ATC before the flight what they have to tell me during the flight. That's simply very odd. All I should have to do is file a plan (and not the way FSHuds wants it but just 'file a plan' with one click) and then ATC should do the rest. ProATC is still king in that regard imho but unfortunately it's dead for MSFS. All other ATC add ons require way too much user input and I don't like scripted stuff (which is why I also don't like FS2Crew which feels like watching the same movie over and over and over again).

Edited by tup61
  • Like 6