Sign in to follow this  
Steve Halpern

FSHud - Air Traffic Control MSFS Beta

5 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

A demo would make a lot of sense with this tool.

Absolutely agree.

Not many videos out. Found one from P3D. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

For now (due to the MSFS SDK limitations) traffic movement is very similar to the traffic movement of online platforms (VATSIM/IVAO) or similar.

For many years of these online flights pilots were aware of these jumps - because from the other side of the spectrum you would get real human conversions, aircraft followed procedures, and so on. But this is not to say that we are doing it like we want to! It is a workaround now, just as how we cannot access the weather engine to get basic information, such as winds, from the sim (hence the link to Active Sky for P3D in the product).

FSHud - Air Traffic Control provides identical ATC flows to both user and AI aircraft - so all AI aircraft will get exactly the same type of clearances at all stages. So traffic movement is very important.

We are aware of this issue and it can be fixed whenever MSFS makes it possible to do so (it is a great sim but still needs basic functionality that was available in FSX/P3D to be implemented). This is from the FAQ:

Q. In MSFS – at times it appears AI aircraft are “jumping”, or not smoothly moving forward?
A. This is due to an MSFS SDK bug that doesn't allow aircraft to follow the path presented for it - therefore, the application updates the AI Aircraft position according to estimations every second. This behavior would be fixed once the MSFS SDK bug is fixed.

Edited by Steve Halpern
  • Like 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

FSHud sounds very promising but a demo would be very helpful. Both P2ATC and PF3 have demo periods as I'm sure the FSHud developers know. Seems strange that there is no mention of a "try before you buy option" from them. 

Jeb

• Like 1

8 hours ago, timd24 said:

Yeah I tried it. AIG traffic positions are only updated once per second and it looks terrible. For now it's a deal breaker for me and will return to Pilot2ATC.

I think this might be a deal breaker for many, unfortunately.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Does FS HUD work with PSXT and RealTraffic Launcher? I have a subscription there, AIG all airplanes liveries downloaded and it so nice to have real live traffic as you also see it on ADSB or on live youtube airport channels. I could also use reallive ATC with it on an airport in US.

What! It has been released for MSFS?! Cool! Question: I mainly want to use FSHud with the Fenix and without any traffic addons. I don't do multiplayer either. I just want ATC to contact me and to keep me entertained during a flight, just to make things a bit more realistic. I suppose FSHud should work fine for me, right...? I know it might be a bit odd to buy a traffic controller addon while I don't use traffic but well...

A Video with MSFS would be really nice.

If the Traffic is on the same Level that AIG with TC is, i would consider buying it.

11 hours ago, guenseli said:

Seems to me there are too many restrictions still in MSFS

"Q. I'm using MSFS and the application shows that weather is clear, and there is no wind?
A. The MSFS SDK doesn't support weather retrieval information at this time. Active ActiveSky for P3D can be used as a weather source workaround."

I have no interest in installing ActiveSky (nor will it work because I do not have P3D installed). Does this mean ATC will assign me to the wrong runway?

• Upvote 1

And where does the weather information come from for AIG TC? At least the AIG aircraft are using the right runway

Just now, flieger28 said:

And where does the weather information come from for AIG TC? At least the AIG aircraft are using the right runway

@Kaiii3 can probably answer this.

33 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I have no interest in installing ActiveSky (nor will it work because I do not have P3D installed). Does this mean ATC will assign me to the wrong runway?

Hello,
It means that all weather would be CAVOK with no winds - because there is no way to pull weather data from MSFS.
ActiveSky is not mandatory but "workaround" for that, it can be turned off.
If there is no wind, runways in use would be assigned by other priorities - distance to parking, length, traffic load factor and so on.
However - you can override departure and arrival settings.
Those things are mentioned and explained in our FAQ and manuals pages

13 minutes ago, flieger28 said:

Application doesn't know anything about AIG TC - the only AIG database is taken. 
The application (FSHud) takes responsibility to inject and control traffic

1 minute ago, FSHud said:

Hello,
It means that all weather would be CAVOK with no winds - because there is no way to pull weather data from MSFS.
If there is no wind, runways in use would be assigned by other priorities - distance to parking, length, traffic load factor and so on.

Thank you for coming in and answering questions, but I really hope you can publish a video that shows some traffic control and scenes from the airport. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

11 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Hello,

I see many things don't work, you are waiting for them to open the SDK, etc, so I wonder, why release the software in this state? Plane positions updating only once in a sec, no weather, doesn't work with live traffic, etc, and $35? Really?

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White