Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Seems like a solid 1.0 release. ?

Sorry 🙂 havent bought it yet as a FSL A319 awaits.

Michael Moe

Yeah, very solid release. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Absolutely. A bit too blurry IMO. 

Seems to be fixed for me, I just removed my previous modifications on the Nvidia control panel and the display are sharp now.

But I am loosing a bit in term of fluidity

19 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

It's more capable then the FSL from the navigational side, but FNX will need ASOBO to create more variables for the sim to be able to assign buttons/keys for autopilot disconnect (not working in MSFS-need to use 'master'), and auto-throttle disconnect.  FNX is also going to a custom engine-engine, and some other small things might technically not be FSL standards right at this moment, but will probably be very-very soon.

Also, there's a definite need for right-click-left click.  I think that's an ASOBO issue.  Thats for ANY aircraft though.  Half the time you can't tell whether you need to use the scroll when or if a switch is just a 1 click when you hover over it.

I think the performance issue might be more of a sim side issue than a FNX issue.  The plane runs butter smooth with lower frames.  I get somewhere in the 30s to 40s, which is what most people seem to get regardless of their PC specs.

I haven't been able to get RNAV approaches to work.  I think it might be due to the fact I had FLS and L/DEV selected as an option at the same time.  Will try it again tonight.  

The airframe and airline options do not seem to save as 'default' when selected.  You have to select those each time.

The EFB is the best I've ever used, hands down.

Would love to see airline packs and cabin announcements for this bird like we had in the FSL.  They would be amazing.

We really need GSX now for the sim...hehe.

Most of these things are very small in the big picture.  Nothing even close to any show stopppers.  The buying and install process was super smooth. 

IMO, it will be the standard for others to follow.

Fenix just does not capture the missing events. So they need to do that and not Asobo 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AGuther said:

Fenix just does not capture the missing events. So they need to do that and not Asobo 😉

Right, but auto-throttle disco isn't in the sim, unless I missed that.  But yeah, you're right, they'd still need to cap that.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I like his product but using it without EFB - maybe at a later date

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

It's more capable then the FSL from the navigational side, but FNX will need ASOBO to create more variables for the sim to be able to assign buttons/keys for autopilot disconnect (not working in MSFS-need to use 'master'), and auto-throttle disconnect.  FNX is also going to a custom engine-engine, and some other small things might technically not be FSL standards right at this moment, but will probably be very-very soon.

Also, there's a definite need for right-click-left click.  I think that's an ASOBO issue.  Thats for ANY aircraft though.  Half the time you can't tell whether you need to use the scroll when or if a switch is just a 1 click when you hover over it.

I think the performance issue might be more of a sim side issue than a FNX issue.  The plane runs butter smooth with lower frames.  I get somewhere in the 30s to 40s, which is what most people seem to get regardless of their PC specs.

I haven't been able to get RNAV approaches to work.  I think it might be due to the fact I had FLS and L/DEV selected as an option at the same time.  Will try it again tonight.  

The airframe and airline options do not seem to save as 'default' when selected.  You have to select those each time.

The EFB is the best I've ever used, hands down.

Would love to see airline packs and cabin announcements for this bird like we had in the FSL.  They would be amazing.

We really need GSX now for the sim...hehe.

Most of these things are very small in the big picture.  Nothing even close to any show stopppers.  The buying and install process was super smooth. 

IMO, it will be the standard for others to follow.

Nice. Sounds like there are just a few things missing for the Fenix A320, but once these are fixed, the Fenix A320 could be the best airliner that has come out for a home market flight simulator before.

I also read this quote by another person who was familiar with the Toliss and Flight Factor in XP. This person said about the Fenix A320:

I can only speak to the XP models you mentioned, I’ve owned the Toliss 319/321 and FF A320 since the time they came out in XP. The Fenix A320 is without doubt a step above them all! You get all the airbus MCDU and autopilot logic like you would with those models, and the hand flying feels great too. I’m no real Airbus pilot, but they feel similar with excellent FBW feel. The game changer is the EFB/Integration with Simbrief/Navigraph and extra duties of company messages that make you feel like you have actual passengers. Overall a more realistic experience in my opinion.

So this person thinks that the Fenix A320 is perhaps the best airliner that has come out for MSFS and XP.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Ah..... "Base package includes A320 CFM.           IAE engine variant, and sharklet wing-tip devices to follow as free updates to base package."     Now I know when I will buy.

V1 Simulations (IRL A319/320/321 pilot) with another video on stress testing the Fenix A320, and triggering failures, etc ... full of praise again like his initial preview

He configured a complex hydraulics failure in the green system @ around here https://youtu.be/YbOkK-eWtJI?t=4547 and then did what he would've done as if it happened IRL (but harder since single pilot): following ECAM instructions, managing with slower-to-deploy flaps and other control surfaces, diverting airports, communicating with airliner company, inserting holds after declaring emergency and doing checklists, gravity gear extension, etc.. all while connected to VATSIM.

- "this EFB is blowing my mind ... this failure landing distance procedure is better than what we do in real life" (while doing landing performance calculations while able to flag what systems have failed or poor, etc)
- "this is the closest airbus simulation I've ever flown to the real aircraft, period ... it's the benchmark" (watch from here onwards: https://youtu.be/YbOkK-eWtJI?t=6451)
- gravity landing gear extension: it all happened as would be expected in real life, he shows the gear coming down slower in freefall from outside, how the engines auto-thrusted up given the new drag being introduced, slats coming out more slowly, etc (watch from here onwards: https://youtu.be/YbOkK-eWtJI?t=6638)
- "beautiful simulation of the slow flaps deployment" (landing begins here: https://youtu.be/YbOkK-eWtJI?t=7154)
- "reverser 1 did not unlock, are you kidding, that is exactly correct"
- "airplane handled perfectly ... when I pressed brakes the pressure went over limit as expected so had to manually modulate"
- "what was so cool was that every little detail was actually modelled, brake pressure simulation, reversers, proper spoiler deployment"
- "I'm continuously impressed by this plane, every time I fly it"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Just finished my first flight on the Fenix.

Key take-aways:

• This is another level of immersion. While MSFS has been delivering on the visuals since day 1, now you also got the feeling of sitting in a big and complex aircraft.
  • I have a fairly outdated system (i7 7700K, 16GB Ram, Radeon RX480 8GB) and it shows. In EDDK (Cologne) with addon scenery I got about 15-20fps on the stand, but it got better when taxiing to the runway (relatively stable 20fps). It affects your takeoff a little, but I am used to those framerates from FSX. 😄 During the flight it was between 25-30fps. Surprisingly it were also about 30fps when landing at LOWK (small, but custom scenery from World Update D/A/CH). To my delight, I totally nailed this landing. Quite smooth and almost perfect centerline. *tap on own shoulder* 🙂

I also think that Fenix really achieved it to tune the MSFS flight model. Usually it feels like the planes are tilting too much around their CG when affected by wind. Now the whole airframe seems to react to the wind - much more realistic. While MSFS still depicts wind too agressively, it gives you a dynamic feeling of flying through air like no other sim. You can almost sense those bumps you know from flying a real plane.

I went into the sim with the intention to just having a look how it runs. Usually it's always a bit of work to figure out how addons work. In detail, how to configure weight & balance, set up the MCDU and getting it up in the air. Without watching that part of the streams (cause boring 😄 ) I thought this would be even worse in a complex simulation that models circuit breakers and stuff. To my surprise, you get all you need in one place: The EFB. From ZFG, GW, CG straight down to V-speed calculation.

Very happy with this addon.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 6

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Can someone who has this baby explain to me the option to set a Microsoft store symbolic link folder in the Settings of the Livery Manager?

2 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Right, but auto-throttle disco isn't in the sim, unless I missed that.  But yeah, you're right, they'd still need to cap that.

I think I've got if mapped. (Certainly have it mapped in the MD-82)  Try "Arm Auto Throttle" (not at my PC to confirm).

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

So how do we get pushed back from the gate? 

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

"

1 minute ago, odourboy said:

So how do we get pushed back from the gate? 

From the EFB. In the Fenix App under Ground Services.

3 minutes ago, Farlis said:

"

From the EFB. In the Fenix App under Ground Services.

It keeps turning itself back off immediately after I try to engage it. Guess I need to RTM.

• Upvote 1