Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

5 minutes ago, badgenes said:

Besides it being mentioned that this bird is 'hard on system', can anyone who owns the PMDG 737 contrast the performance with the Fenix A320?  Thx.

my i9 9900k (5hhz) is getting totally hammered by Fenix. For the first time since I started using  MSFS (alpha tester) I am unable to sustain 30fps (goes for both VC and external).
Comparison with PMDG 737 is almost night and day on my system.
Little disappointed actually.

• Like 5

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Given other commitments I'm forced to have to wait it out a few days before having time to try this beauty, maybe for the best 🙂

For those having performance issues, have you tried to play around with the Fenix settings to offload displays processing to CPU vs iGPU vs discrete GPU? (i.e. if you are CPU bound then set displays processing to the GPUs, etc)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Just now, SAS443 said:

my i9 9900k (5hhz) is getting totally hammered by Fenix. For the first time since I started using  MSFS (alpha tester) I am unable to sustain 30fps (goes for both VC and external).

word not allowed Jim.... I've got an i5 9600K 😞 

Edited by badgenes

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

By the way, do anyone know if there is a simbrief profile available for it?

Discord.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Jet blue doesn't use that engine which will be released later. 

@DJJose And no worries...I expect 10 JetBlue liveries on flightsim.to by tomorrow if the PMDG insanity is any barometer.  We're approaching 500 paints for the PMDG 737...just insanity from your painting community! 

Every livery I'd say I'd do after my initial 11 have ALL been done by others....all but one are such good quality that I've just directed all the folks who requested mine to those paints instead.  Never have you guys had such a robust painting community!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Purchase went very smoothly, but when I spawn at GCLA, RWY 36, aircraft is DOA.

All my aircraft usually spawn with engines idling.

Any way to get that?

T45

Indeed. Asking is a waste of time, just go there and download it, it's probably done already lol.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

I got almost same specs as you... that's a shame... ill guess i will wait to see if they will manage to improve it.

Roi Ben

Where do you 'point' the navigraph data manager so we can update the AIRAC?

Cancel...done it (program data)

Edited by alpha117

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Just now, Steve Dra said:

@DJJose And no worries...I expect 10 JetBlue liveries on flightsim.to by tomorrow if the PMDG insanity is any barometer.  We're approaching 500 paints for the PMDG 737...just insanity from your painting community! 

Every livery I'd say I'd do after my initial 11 have ALL been done by others....all but one are such good quality that I've just directed all the folks who requested mine to those paints instead.  Never have you guys had such a robust painting community!

My first flight in an Airbus was from JFK-TPA when JetBlue became an airline. I remember it had DirectTV. 😀

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Stunning.

Flight-Simulator-Vy5-U5-Bw-GYm.png

My FPS are locked at 31 and this is a hard hitting airport all Ultra setting never droped 1 fps below by locked tartget of 31.

All views set up. Now am going to have a late night and do a first flight.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 14

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Purchase went very smoothly, but when I spawn at GCLA, RWY 36, aircraft is DOA.

All my aircraft usually spawn with engines idling.

Any way to get that?

T45

I don't own it, but I'm pretty sure the EFB will give you start up options like Cold and Dark, Turnaround, Ready to Taxi, etc...

From Aamir re: FPS issues: https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736710909887643679/976951283149860935 ... so if you are CPU bound (i.e. it is being hammered and highly utilized while GPU is underutilized), then choose your discrete GPU or the GPU onboard your CPU.

AamirToday at 16:55

@everyone - for those with low FPS, please remember we have built in an option for you to move the rendering of your displays in the flightdeck from CPU, to GPU, to even your integrated graphics card. Please make use of these options and figure out what works best for you, as MSFS utilises system resources differently across different PCs.

spacer.png

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

37 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Press and hold the fingerprint reader for a few secs.

Weird, when I do that it opens up for a few seconds then goes back to lock

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

For those with i5s, i7s, i9s etc - you have integrated GPUs on your chips that are never utilized, and it's worth turning them on in the BIOS and using this to render your displays, it's a huge performance gain.

Alternatively, just switch it to your GPU. MSFS uses system resources differently across different systems, and you'll do better on FPS selecting a render method that suits your system better.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 4

Aamir Thacker