Sign in to follow this  
CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger

HJet Launch Trailer! At long last, it is upon us!

Any idea's what will happen when WT's G3000 refresh comes along?

I've kept far away from anything using the G3000/G5000 in it's current state, as it's proven pretty unreliable for me. Have been looking forward to the new version....

Cheers

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

I'm a bit concerned about a Marketplace Only release, Why? Well history shows us that Sim Updates break mods, those not on Marketplace generally get "fixed" and updated fairly quickly by the Modders. Whilst those same mods or mods only on the Marketplace are at the discretion of when Microsoft decides it's "ok" to upload a fix....which has been known to take weeks and in rare cases months.

This is why I generally avoid using the Marketplace and why I may wait out this purchase, to see if it eventually comes out on preferably another platform.

It won’t be available on another platform, it’ll be strictly a Marketplace release. I understand the apprehension in buying off the Marketplace, but they’ve gotten a lot better lately. The main motivation behind releasing it on Marketplace is to avoid piracy as well as having it available to both PC and Xbox users. 

3 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Any idea's what will happen when WT's G3000 refresh comes along?

I've kept far away from anything using the G3000/G5000 in it's current state, as it's proven pretty unreliable for me. Have been looking forward to the new version....

Cheers

G

The WT G3000 is still very much in WIP stages (in fact, they showed a couple of images of their progress on their discord). WT hopes by the end of this year they’ll have the G3000 refresh out, but the CJ4 is their current project and commanding their attention. 

Here, however, let me put your fears to rest! Marwan took the WT G3000 and made it his own. While it has the underpinnings of WT technology, he heavily modified it to match its irl counterpart. He even implemented VNAV and a very awesome little display to go with it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Here, however, let me put your fears to rest! Marwan took the WT G3000 and made it his own. While it has the underpinnings of WT technology, he heavily modified it to match its irl counterpart. He even implemented VNAV and a very awesome little display to go with it.

Thanks for the info - good to know !! At the very least it sounds like it's not another "King Air" fiasco.. ..

G

Edited by Gazzareth

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

41 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

He implemented properly working vnav into the WT G3000?

I mean, that's what the posts literally two replies above yours implies.

ys3fpf5_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Can someone post a link to the discord channel? Appreciate it. 

I said I would post some pics:

52091871345_fbbe9ba077_k.jpgUntitled-1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52091387728_e35e3228a7_k.jpgUntitled-2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52091366341_3dc593cf82_k.jpgUntitled-3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52091366166_c8b6bc7174_k.jpgUntitled-4 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I said I would post some pics:

52091871345_fbbe9ba077_k.jpgUntitled-1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52091387728_e35e3228a7_k.jpgUntitled-2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52091366341_3dc593cf82_k.jpgUntitled-3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52091366166_c8b6bc7174_k.jpgUntitled-4 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Jeez...i just got the C414 and wasn't able to fly her because of real life happening...now this one...don't know where to start 😄

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 hours ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

Marwan took the WT G3000 and made it his own

But what happens when WT overhauls the G3000, which I understand is coming later this year? Will that work interfere with the operation in the HJet?

Dan Scott

For us "old timers" this reminds me of the excitement built up before release of the Flight1 Mustang (C510) about 15 years ago !    Remember we even got to choose our own serial number before purchase ? (fun times) 😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

8 minutes ago, Cognita said:

But what happens when WT overhauls the G3000, which I understand is coming later this year? Will that work interfere with the operation in the HJet?

Based on what I read from Tiger, it seems that Marwan hard-forked the WT G3000, modified the codebase and made his own version out of it. After forking, the two codebases became independent so whatever future changes to WT G3000 shouldn't affect Marwan's version. However, Marwan may choose to incorporate future WT G3000 updates into his version.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

ys3fpf5_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Reading that, I do not share his optimism that the Marketplace has gotten "Much better at processing times for update and launches"....Simbol sent his package for release for them going on over a week now....and its still not available.  We all know that it's one of the most highly anticipated GA releases out there after Fabio showcased it last week.   Where is it?  Certainly not on the Marketplace (as of this posting, I just checked).

This is especially infuriating when you see Devs who post planes WITH NO COCKPIT and alias default MSFS turboprop sounds seem to make it on the market in a timely manner. 

Sorry...just can't buy into the idea that its "much better" 😞  But I do fully support the Dev's decision to distribute their software however they see fit....not faulting them at all for going the MP method, just hoping they don't expect to send it to MS/Asobo and have it show in the MP next day. 

Maybe a better release strategy going forward, knowing the abysmal track record the MP has (Just ask Carenado customers), is to not announce a pending release at all until it actually shows up in the marketplace?

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

That makes sense. Thank you for the explanation. I have been waiting for a competent light jet in a sim for a very, very long time!

Dan Scott