Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Fenix A320- Single Point Feedback/Request Collection

@Aamir

As many of your customers are here, I thought it would be simpler to have one post for your feedback loop at AvSim- it's getting a little unwieldy (resulting in a bit of Discord 😛)... perhaps a forum or sub-forum may be considered?

I'd like to kick this off with the following-

TCAS does not work for multiplayer

A&O Scripting (LVAR and HVAR could be more robust)- per the Oracle at Delphi @guenseliUnfortunately there are no variables for the ALT, HDG, SPD or VS displays, so I can't show anything on the MCP Displays currently." THIS is of huge importance to those with HW and Cockpits.

AT rollon/roll off is quite abrupt

Performance improvements would be most welcome (with additional smoothing for Quality Display generation)... I know, I have my cake and want to eat it too.

The TUG sub app is unreliable (and necessary to avoid needing others).  Meanwhile, the Pushback Helper tool that lives OUTSIDE MSFS works ok, but has shuddering. Native push is cleaner.

Hopefully, this collection can be considered in future updates.

Meanwhile, congratulations to you and your team- you've knocked her for a Six, and Fifi will never be the same!

BZ!

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 10

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

My biggest complaint is its not saving my Cold and dark state as default, some times it works other times it does not. I think that also effect the push back being hit and miss. I want the airctaft to load right and push back to work as it should. 

Thats not a rant, I love Fenix. 🙂

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

David Murden.   MSFS  • Fenix A320 • PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet •

• Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF •  Flightsim.to •

DCS • A10c II • F-16c • F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier • Terrains = • Nevada NTTR • Persian Gulf • Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON •  32GB DDR4  3200MHz • RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip •

Definitely agree on Panel States. Default selection does not load- always loads with engines running for me…haven’t discovered if one can set a custom panel state yet…

• Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

51 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

AT rollon/roll off is quite abrupt

Yes the abrupt power changes experienced with A/T engaged are crazy.

Also experiencing issues with saved states.

Nice work on the Fenix A320. Appreciate the work from the development team.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Engine start-up sounds way too silent!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

As much as I like discord I kind of agree we need a dedicated forum here or hell even a Subreddit on Reddit would be good if you can't get a Forum up and running in time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Generally it would be nice to be able to make individual adjustments to specific sounds.

For example I would like to turn down the engine sounds in outside view.

• Like 1

@cavaricooper LOL...Fenix topics are popping up so quickly that I missed this post about the same dilemma about information overload and complete structural mess here at Avsim on this Fenix topic.

While the enthusiasm for the product is great...the display format here is abysmal and 20+ page posts are so full of unstructured ....but fantastic bits of info that you feel compelled to read all 20 pages lest you miss a little nugget that will solve the problem that has been plaguing you (I've done that several times here already).

Structured Information and communication are great and essential in any complex airliner package, but the unstructured fire hose of info coming in will overwhelm any brain's ability to process and use that info effectively . 🙂 

• Like 8

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

24 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I'm always a bit hesitant when people make such claims. What do you base this on? Your own real world perception of working in a real A320 and having started them up countless times from the flight deck with closed doors?

Or your sim experience of other Airbus Add-Ons?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A few niggling issues worth reporting. But, Overall I'm absolutely loving this version of Fifi. Really looking forward to see what the team can do with this fairly solid base going forward.

1. ND/PFD doesn't work efficiently rendering on my iGPU 11900K. Just stutters along in single digit FPS. Rendering on CPU just destroys my overall frame rate. Leaving GPU (3090) which is fine until you see any dense cloud then the ND/PFD Bugs out and stops rendering for a few seconds at a time.

2. Pushback tug is very unreliable, disconnecting mid push regularly.

3. Flight model sems a little too twitchy under manual flight and AP Managed modes.

4. External EFB on iPad bugs out sometimes ends in blank page. Refreshing page doesn't help.

5 Systems seem to slow to a crawl on occasion, causing the sim to drop its FPS to single digits. Always recovers but annoying non the less

6 As @Steve Dra Mentioned above, The Discord support an absolute mess. 

Edited by BAW303
  • Like 1

Craig Sells

Agree that Discord is no way to support a complex product.  

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I'm always a bit hesitant when people make such claims. What do you base this on? Your own real world perception of working in a real A320 and having started them up countless times from the flight deck with closed doors?

Or your sim experience of other Airbus Add-Ons?

From flying several times with an A320 and still being too silent in cabin. 😛 I do understand that people tend to overestimate the noise, but it is really a little too silent in the sim.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

From flying several times with an A320 and still being too silent in cabin.

So you sat yourself into the virtual cabin on a seat you have been on before in real life and then started the engines and then decided: "Doesn't sound quite right."?

And you ruled out that it was a different engine variant on those real world flights you hav been on and have set spatial sound to off in the sim and cranked all volume sliders (except voices) to max?

Edited by Farlis

My biggest issue is the poor DU smoothing. Everythings fine until you hit a bit of turbulence and then the PFD, ND and upper ECAM can go totally unstable. The route dancing all over the place and the attitude ball varying from full pitch down to full nose up. Wild swings of ISA and altitude. Sim framerates are about the same as the PMDG 737 for me and smooth as butter apart from rapid heading changes on ground which can stutter a bit. You need to be able to limit DU frame rates to get a smooth result. It looks to me as if interpolation routines are going unstable with uneven frames. Either that or remove the turbulence effects on the displays (MCDU positions were rock solid not showing huge deviations as on the ND). This is a show stopper for me. It's a shame as it looks fantastic and the systems simulation is wonderful. Not quite as immersive as the FSL but the detail is all there.

The AP will fly straight through a  low speed restriction on departure (no problem if it's 250 knots) and the A/T is very abrupt.

Auto jetway was useless for me. After getting to the gate the jetway stopped and started repeatedly then gave up. Works fine with manual selection. You can't disable the tug on Ground Services if you aren't using pushback. This is necessary if you are on a start and taxi away stand. I had to plough through the ramp vehicles.

Agree with Carl @cavaricooper, support using Discord is useless. You can open a support ticket on the website (I have done regarding the displays) but a user forum is a good way to share issues and see if others have solutions.

Edit: I tried changing to GPU rendering but it made little difference. CPU fps reduced on ground, seemed slightly better in flight, DU instability remained.

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg

Anyone any issues with the auto brk? They don't activate for me when I press them, they move,but don't light up.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020