Sign in to follow this  
Brandon01110

Top Gun DLC?

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Must have disliked FSX Acceleration eh?

Don't. This is just money-hunting stuff.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just now, Nuno Pinto said:

Don't. This is just money-hunting stuff.

But it's free.

• Like 10

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

But it's free.

NOTHING is free, you know what i mean. But it's just a rant anyway, i guess it's the price you have to pay for "modern" software.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 minute ago, Nuno Pinto said:

NOTHING is free, you know what i mean. But it's just a rant anyway, i guess it's the price you have to pay for "modern" software.

You're not making any sense.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

You're not making any sense.

Your backing him into a corner because he just realized he's not making any since...😁

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

spawning the carrier simobject in the SDK doesn't seem to have collisions, must be something special they do in the landing challenge.

loving your analysis

some interesting facts in the carrier sim.cfg

[General]
category=Boat
HasMovingPlatform = 1

[Carrier]
carrier = 1

not yet documented, so probaly we must wait at least SU10 

• Upvote 1

According to the Q&A they had real pilots come in to test the F-18 stuff, on carrier landings. They have a former TOPGUN on the team.

For the Darkstar they had help with the aerodynamics from someone they're not allowed to talk about. An unamed company that is working on a similar aircraft.

They want to add the carrier to free flight eventually. The carrier in the challenge is moving.

Edited by Tuskin38

38 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

But it's free.

Free to help entice new people to buy the product, Sim Racing Devs have been doing this for decades.

That's what this DLC is primarily all about; Marketing.

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

23 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The Hypersonic FX is great

Thanks for the pics - this actually looks kinda fun to zoom around in.  Think it can handle some bush strips?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyone know why the top secret plane, the Darkstar, has to invert itself? I just did the Darkstar mission.

Was that a common procedure with the SR 71 as well, that the SR 71 had to invert itself? What it the scientific/physics reasoning that the SR 71, or in this case, the Darkstar, has to invert itself?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

8 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Free to help entice new people to buy the product, Sim Racing Devs have been doing this for decades.

That's what this DLC is primarily all about; Marketing.

And the problem with that is?

5 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

And the problem with that is?

where did I mention there was a problem?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Wish ASOBO more focus on serious updates and bug clearing instead such DLC's or improving textures on Barcelona roofs 

Artur 

Just now, Beardyman said:

Wish ASOBO more focus on serious updates and bug clearing instead such DLC's or improving textures on Barcelona roofs 

Different team works on different aspect of the game. the Top Gun DLC has been ready for a long time but couldn't be released because the movies wasn't. Of course they are working on fixing bugs and other issues.

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.