Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The Honda Jet Isn't Good....

28 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

I am contemplating getting the HJet, but noticed in several videos it doesn’t seem to follow the FMS flight plan without the pilot using the “Direct To” feature in the fms.  In at at least one video it was blamed on the Working Title G3000.  

Does this plane follow a flight plan on its own from waypoint to waypoint, or is this intervention required?

I have never had this problem. It follows entitled FMC route without any issues

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, FrankR409 said:

I am contemplating getting the HJet, but noticed in several videos it doesn’t seem to follow the FMS flight plan without the pilot using the “Direct To” feature in the fms.  In at at least one video it was blamed on the Working Title G3000.  

Does this plane follow a flight plan on its own from waypoint to waypoint, or is this intervention required?

This model possesses the most superior G3000 suite in MSFS, no question.  In my last 12 flights, after gaining an understanding of what its Hjet-developer-enhanced G3000 can accomplish, and what must be left to the WT overhaul pegged for later this year, I am over the moon about this model.  What is about the model is about the model.  What is about the sim is about the sim. Little more need be said....

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, FrankR409 said:

The Hjet is lots of fun.  I for one however, do have issue with the FMS and it really kills the use of this airplane for me.  For some reason, the GPS always and suddenly creates "USR" waypoints - especially along STARs and approaches.  I just can't figure out why but it is beyond frustrating.  Until the GPS refresh is out, I rarely fly the airplane.  I've asked for help on their discord but I'm told I just have to wait for GPS update.  I do have/use Navigraphs and not sure if that is part of the problem.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I have never had this problem. It follows entitled FMC route without any issues

Lucky you - lots of issues with the G3000 following routes, normally if I bother flying something equipped with it I go direct and just load an approach - otherwise it cannot be trusted .... It is down to limitations of the SIM flightplan system which the current WT G3000 relies on. Hopefully the HondaJet will be fixed once WT have the refresh out. Until then the CJ4 rules the roost !!..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Had the HJ for about 2 weeks now, never had any problems with the FMC, routing, nothing.

The G3000 is stunning with the checklists built in. With Navigraph charts, what a winner this aircraft is.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Lucky you - lots of issues with the G3000 following routes, normally if I bother flying something equipped with it I go direct and just load an approach - otherwise it cannot be trusted .... It is down to limitations of the SIM flightplan system which the current WT G3000 relies on. Hopefully the HondaJet will be fixed once WT have the refresh out. Until then the CJ4 rules the roost !!..

G

You may need to update or delete and reinstall WT again. I don't think it has something to do with luck. You have some kind of conflict in your software.

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

You may need to update or delete and reinstall WT again. I don't think it has something to do with luck. You have some kind of conflict in your software.

Really? Same with actual WT G3000 and HJ G3000 which are completely different and able to coexist, both are latest version.

WT have stated many times that it is due to limitations with default FP system. There are work arounds that have been posted, such as using heading mode whilst making changes then activating legs in FP. Which works sometimes or sometimes seems to kill VNAV.

If you just load a complete plan in via MSFS and don't make any changes, then pretty sure it will work fine. If you need to make changes then it cannot be trusted to work without intervention. 

It's well known and acknowledged by WT repeatedly.

G

33 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Really? Same with actual WT G3000 and HJ G3000 which are completely different and able to coexist, both are latest version.

WT have stated many times that it is due to limitations with default FP system. There are work arounds that have been posted, such as using heading mode whilst making changes then activating legs in FP. Which works sometimes or sometimes seems to kill VNAV.

If you just load a complete plan in via MSFS and don't make any changes, then pretty sure it will work fine. If you need to make changes then it cannot be trusted to work without intervention. 

It's well known and acknowledged by WT repeatedly.

G

So interestingly enough, in the video that prompted me to ask if the plane can follow a flight plan, the vnav also went out and wouldn’t re-engage and the pilot had to go to vertical speed instead.  

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

11 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

The Hjet is lots of fun.  I for one however, do have issue with the FMS and it really kills the use of this airplane for me.  For some reason, the GPS always and suddenly creates "USR" waypoints - especially along STARs and approaches. 

I have now completed 28 flights logging 49 hours in the Hjet and my experience/observation is that it is I that creates USER waypoints.  I found that I was Activating my approaches either with the GTC in the Flight Plan page, or activating the approach by pressing the APR key on the G3000.  Another action that creates an issue is including a waypoint in both the route and as a transition point in a STAR or SID.  Yet another is either performing a D→ to a waypoint or activating an upstream leg of a flight plam. The G3000 creates a User waypoint like dropping a breadcrumb. I believe it also happens if you change on the fly to a different transition on a procedure.  These may not constitute a complete list. These are characteristics of the current state of the MSFS G3000, not the Hjet.  

If a STAR and Approach are both loaded into the flight plan properly, the approach need not be separately activated.  The Hjet's G3000 will transition automatically.  I do not touch the APR key until the IAF is the very next waypoint, and I believe that is even not needed.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

So interestingly enough, in the video that prompted me to ask if the plane can follow a flight plan, the vnav also went out and wouldn’t re-engage and the pilot had to go to vertical speed instead.  

Currently the target altitude for use with VNAV should be set to the lowest altitude published on the approach, usually the FAF.  The G3000 should self-populate with the respective altitude restrictions for each waypoint in the published procedure(s). Of course it is the pilot's responsibility to verify those. The G3000 AP will step down to each waypoint accordingly.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

26 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

Yes, that happens the two posts above by FPPILOT document my findings pretty well, all as confirmed by WT. It's a limitation of the current G3000 suite/MSFS Flight Planning system that should be fixed (at least in the G3000) later this year, then in the HJet when Marwan releases his version based on it.

All that said it is still my 2nd favourite business jet after the WT CJ4 which *CAN* follow a flightplan. (OK I'm only counting 3 business jets at this time - BBJ is an airliner as far as this post is concerned...)

G

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

I have now completed 28 flights logging 49 hours in the Hjet and my experience/observation is that it is I that creates USER waypoints.  I found that I was Activating my approaches either with the GTC in the Flight Plan page, or activating the approach by pressing the APR key on the G3000.  Another action that creates an issue is including a waypoint in both the route and as a transition point in a STAR or SID.  Yet another is either performing a D→ to a waypoint or activating an upstream leg of a flight plam. The G3000 creates a User waypoint like dropping a breadcrumb. I believe it also happens if you change on the fly to a different transition on a procedure.  These may not constitute a complete list. These are characteristics of the current state of the MSFS G3000, not the Hjet.  

If a STAR and Approach are both loaded into the flight plan properly, the approach need not be separately activated.  The Hjet's G3000 will transition automatically.  I do not touch the APR key until the IAF is the very next waypoint, and I believe that is even not needed.

You've provided some valuable insight.  Thank you.  Unfortunately though, the scenarios you give don't/didn't apply in my situation.

Not go off track here but I was flying KFAR/18 DCT DTL DCT DLH DCT KDLH/21.  No SIDs or STAR.  GPS RY21 via JIMKI.  So after DLH VOR direct JIMKI.  

I was descending toward DLH VOR and about a mile before DLH, the GPS suddenly created a USR waypoint behind the airplane, just before DLH.  So as I passed DLH, the airplane started to suddenly make a right 360 degree turn back to the USR waypoint.  I had to go into the GPS and tell it to go direct JIMKI.

Then, as I continued, the same thing happened again.  After I passed JIMKI direct to CLIPH, a USR waypoint was created just before CLIPH.  No idea why, I had not "activated" anything.

If you go to the WT discord, I posted some pictures there.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

3 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

You've provided some valuable insight.  Thank you.  Unfortunately though, the scenarios you give don't/didn't apply in my situation.

Not go off track here but I was flying KFAR/18 DCT DTL DCT DLH DCT KDLH/21.  No SIDs or STAR.  GPS RY21 via JIMKI.  So after DLH VOR direct JIMKI.  

I was descending toward DLH VOR and about a mile before DLH, the GPS suddenly created a USR waypoint behind the airplane, just before DLH.  So as I passed DLH, the airplane started to suddenly make a right 360 degree turn back to the USR waypoint.  I had to go into the GPS and tell it to go direct JIMKI.

Then, as I continued, the same thing happened again.  After I passed JIMKI direct to CLIPH, a USR waypoint was created just before CLIPH.  No idea why, I had not "activated" anything.

If you go to the WT discord, I posted some pictures there.

It is the G3000 haunting  you here ahead of Halloween. 

If you have the TDS GTNxi mod installed then before flyiing with the Hjet G3000 go into your task tray and close the TDS.  Then try this Hjet G3000 workaround from Les OReilly and his Hjet videos.  It is working famously for me.  Note that the Hjet developer, Marwan, in concert with WT, has made some interim mods to the G3000 suite in the Hjet.  Those have tempered some G3000 issues, not created them.  Emphasis on some.  He has fully intergrated his WT G3000 mod into the Hjet so do not also load the WT G3000 as an addon when flying the Hjet.

Flight plan entry.  Skip the MSFS World screen flight planning entirely.  Only enter your departure airport.  Period.  Then Go fly. 

Once at the ready in MSFS, enter your flight plan with the GTC in exactly this order.  Departure airport.  You will need to enter it as despite the fact that you entered it in the World screen, the Hjet G3000 flight planning page should be empty.  Next, enter your destination airport.  Then build your route step by step from departure to destination. SID and transition; then enroute waypoints/airways, all of them, in the order of their sequence in the flight plan; then after all enroutes and airways enter any STAR and transition; then the Approach if you predict it ahead of time.  Make sure with any SID and STAR that no waypoint is duplicated with your enroute entries at the time you enter them.  For example, if the transition waypoint onto a STAR is also your exit waypoint from an airway, then use the previous fix on the airway as your exit and allow the G3000 to then take you to the duplicated waypoint as part of the STAR.  Same rule with a SID.  If a SID transition is on an airway then use the next fix on the airway after the SID as the entry point to the airway.

These are G3000 issues until the WT G3000 overhaul arrives, hopefully before the end of the year.  I hope this will work for you.  I have learned in this case to ignore for not what I know is supposed to work with the G3000 and instead work with what in the current state is known to work.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

3 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Not go off track here but I was flying KFAR/18 DCT DTL DCT DLH DCT KDLH/21. 

Why is DCT in there (3) times?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

53 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Why is DCT in there (3) times?

I just copy and pasted the flight plan from my OFP.

Aaron Ortega