Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The Honda Jet Isn't Good....

...it's actually very good. Have to hand it to the developer. Didn't think he could pull it off, considering it's a "one man shop".

Performance on my ancient rig is acceptable, sort of what I would get with the modded Longitude. 

Lots of cool features to explore. 

UeCXruS.jpg

• Like 9

... so knew that was clickbait.!!

😉

G

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

... so knew that was clickbait.!!

😉

G

I knew it too 🤣

@Ricardo41 has made titles like these in the past 🤣

Oh well, it's all for fun.  I don't mind threads like these, they add something positive to the MSFS forum 👍 

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I sat down Friday evening with the Hjet loaded in MSFS and the pdf of the actual Honda POH on my iPad and went through the POH using it to guide me around the Hjet  cockpit.  Incredible!  My wife came it to see what I was chuckling about when I discovered the well modeled sun visor, among many other items.  I had one ahaa moment after another.  Marwan just must have used the POH as a developmental map.

Now I need to do the same with the G3000 POH.  I completed a flight today in the Hjet and could find no annunciation or indicator on the WT3000 to confirm that I had activated my selected approach.  The approach path drawn on the map in magenta, but nothing at the top of the PFD.  That is a comment about the WT3000, and perhaps the real G3000, not a comment about the Hjet.  I also need to learn about whether the current state of the WT3000 sets up in HDG mode and activated NAV mode to accomplish an intercept transition.  Appears to me this current WT3000 lacks that feature so want to read what the actual G3000 does in that respect.  I am accustomed to what the G1000nxi does.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

You got me ricardo41!!! I was ready for bunch lines! LOL 

I have truly enjoyed the HJet with lots to learn!!!

• Like 1

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

My first response when I read it was,

"it's great!"

I was wrong. He says it's very good.

I'm glad you like it Ricardo.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It is very good if not better.  What a nice afternoon....

image.png.ccb170041f5cee742e5b2b19c44002c3.png

Up off of eastern Maryland's KESN over the Chesapeake Bay, headed to Wisconsin.

image.png.65ae35fcd76f3f5a6bf01716570cc414.png

Over Lake Michigan inbound to Sheboygan, Wisconsin.  Encountered 90+ headwinds at FL320 but worse further upstairs.  The Hondajet did great!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

23 minutes ago, fppilot said:

It is very good if not better.  What a nice afternoon....

image.png.ccb170041f5cee742e5b2b19c44002c3.png

Up off of eastern Maryland's KESN over the Chesapeake Bay, headed to Wisconsin.

image.png.65ae35fcd76f3f5a6bf01716570cc414.png

Over Lake Michigan inbound to Sheboygan, Wisconsin.  Encountered 90+ headwinds at FL320 but worse further upstairs.  The Hondajet did great!

Welcome to Sheboygan KSBM where it was a beautiful day (and perhaps you noticed the lovely photogrammetry of the area on the way in).

A lot of private jets around the area this afternoon (and 4 A-10 Thunderbolts (LOUD) overhead which I’ve never seen here at KSBM).

Will have to check out this little plane, my wife and I do have matching Honda Civics!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Republic DC9 said:

Welcome to Sheboygan KSBM where it was a beautiful day (and perhaps you noticed the lovely photogrammetry of the area on the way in).

A lot of private jets around the area this afternoon (and 4 A-10 Thunderbolts (LOUD) overhead which I’ve never seen here at KSBM).

Will have to check out this little plane, my wife and I do have matching Honda Civics!

Just took fantasy delivery of N501FP yesterday from the HJ factory  in Greensboro, NC.  Flew home to Easton, MD.  Today I got a late start, heading to the Indycar race at Road America.  Yeh! I got to KSBM after the race, but then I am watching it now this evening after recording it with my DVR earlier.  LOL!  That is representative of my simulator flying.  I sim fly to current sports events, usually in real time.  And I fly from point-to-point.  So I flew into KSBM and my next flight will be out of KSBM.  Likely to Detroit for the upcoming White Sox vs Tigers series.  Then if my brother's alma mater, Oregon State, wins their collegiate baseball super regional, I will be heading last this week to Omaha for the College World Series.  

My Alma Mater is Indiana Univ and that red on 501FP is the Indiana Univ. trademark red.  I have used it on all of my personal liveries since FS9.

This Hondajet is the perfect addition to MSFS for me to keep me on schedule.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 5

Frank Patton
ASUS 

11 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Just took fantasy delivery of N501FP yesterday from the HJ factory  in Greensboro, NC.  Flew home to Easton, MD.  Today I got a late start, heading to the Indycar race at Road America.  Yeh! I got to KSBM after the race, but then I am watching it now this evening after recording it with my DVR earlier.  LOL!  That is representative of my simulator flying.  I sim fly to current sports events, usually in real time.  And I fly from point-to-point.  So I flew into KSBM and my next flight will be out of KSBM.  Likely to Detroit for the upcoming White Sox vs Tigers series.  Then if my brother's alma mater, Oregon State, wins their collegiate baseball super regional, I will be heading last this week to Omaha for the College World Series.  

My Alma Mater is Indiana Univ and that red on 501FP is the Indiana Univ. trademark red.  I have used it on all of my personal liveries since FS9.

This Hondajet is the perfect addition to MSFS for me to keep me on schedule.

That’s an awesome way to pick destinations!

We actually live in Plymouth, WI just down the road from Road America and it’s fun hearing the cars.

And KSBM is a fun airport for private jets...have had the opportunity to use it when flying the Lear 45s and (once) Global Express of my local employer, and most days I spot various charters.

Windover did a freeware improved version of KSBM that is very nice, if interested.

Safe travels!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Republic DC9 said:

That’s an awesome way to pick destinations!

Very true ! My way is determined by my FS Economy (fseconomy.net) customers.  I have created a new company Jet It / FSE , headquartered at KGSO.  We own 3 H Jets and are currently providing charter services for FS Economy's customer base.  Just completed a charter flight on VATSIM from KBHM /AL to KSAW /Michigan.  Took 5 passengers (1 sat in right seat) and all Sim Brief weights and fuel burns were almost perfect. Got a nice paycheck and spending the night in nice hotel in Marquette, MI 

2022/06/12 18:17:15 KBHM → KSAW (02:31)

Income $12,681.00

Rental  
Amount 02:31
Cost per unit $0.00
Total rental cost -$0.00

Additional cost  
Fuel -$0.00
Landing Fee -$0.00
Additional Crew -$0.00
Ground Crew Fee -$1,268.10
Booking Fee -$0.00
Total additional cost -$1,268.10

Distance bonus $0.00
Earnings this flight $11,412.90
  • Like 5

WAT1460.png

So, now that it has been out for a couple of weeks is it the consensus that this is indeed an accurate and sound rendition? I remember some concerns/criticisms in the early threads when this was released and so I held off on my purchase. Should I just go for it now?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

16 minutes ago, Cognita said:

So, now that it has been out for a couple of weeks is it the consensus that this is indeed an accurate and sound rendition? I remember some concerns/criticisms in the early threads when this was released and so I held off on my purchase. Should I just go for it now?

I'm flying it all over the world.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.