Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The Honda Jet Isn't Good....

I know it is a bit trite to say but if you are interested in small jets i'd say "just do it".

It's well worth the cost of entry.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

It's extremely easy to operate once the initial learning has been overcome. Excellent for quick hops without the need for the more elaborate cold and dark start with the airliners. Can also be started on the runway ready to go if one is short of time. 

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Exactly, no need to dial this gauge, twist this knob, turn this buttton, then wait for this or that to happen. Press start, wait for N1 to rise, move throttle forward, done. 

As I said before: you're already cruising at 35,000 feet, serving bubbly to your passengers, while the guy next to you on the ramp is still cranking levers on his rust bucket. 😂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lotharen said:

@Gazzareth Thank you again. Would any of you have recommendations on a youtube that instructs how to program the flight computer and such? Also, would this be a decent starting aircraft if one wanted to learn jet/passenger aircraft? 

I have been following this fellow, and chatting with him a bit as well.  He is of course flying the real thing, and has some nice short videos.  In this one, he is working through the preflight and programming the flight plan on the FMS.  Other videos from him show the plane start, etc.  

The plane is a great buy, and I know I have enjoyed flying it.  Watch the speed, it will get away from you quickly.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

@FrankR409 Thanks for sharing that video! I'm going to watch it now. I'm considering purchasing either the Hjet or one of the PMDG 737's I think. Have not made up my mind yet though.

• Upvote 1

They are both great, the 737 is a bit more complex, but you can’t go wrong with either (or both!)

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Exactly, no need to dial this gauge, twist this knob, turn this buttton, then wait for this or that to happen. Press start, wait for N1 to rise, move throttle forward, done. 

As I said before: you're already cruising at 35,000 feet, serving bubbly to your passengers, while the guy next to you on the ramp is still cranking levers on his rust bucket. 😂

No chance, FL350? An old rust bucket of a Lear would blow past doing 3000ft per minute whilst the Honda is going up at 700fpm. (Probably something to test when I'm bored).....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

10 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

@FrankR409 Thanks for sharing that video! I'm going to watch it now. I'm considering purchasing either the Hjet or one of the PMDG 737's I think. Have not made up my mind yet though.

Lol extreme ends of the Spectrum.

737 is fantastic, but massively more complex (not a bad thing if you want that)....

G

• Like 1

@Gazzareth and  @FrankR409 I'm not as familiar with this aircraft and the G3000. Can this aircraft land automated like the 737 or A320? Or is it a lot of hand flying? I'm not the best with hand flying right now. Just have a stick and throttle (would love to get a yoke one day).

39 minutes ago, Lotharen said:

@Gazzareth and  @FrankR409 I'm not as familiar with this aircraft and the G3000. Can this aircraft land automated like the 737 or A320? Or is it a lot of hand flying? I'm not the best with hand flying right now. Just have a stick and throttle (would love to get a yoke one day).

You can't do an Autoland on any of the business jets (other than the 737 BBJ) available in MSFS at the moment (the real aircraft don't support it - not 100% sure about the Longitude IRL). But IMHO they are all much easier to land by hand than a 737 is - and unless you only plan on flying where there is ILS you will be landing by hand !!

G

Edited by Gazzareth
  • Like 1

An old Learjet 35A would blow the doors off a HondaJet🤣

That's like a big block old school Corvette vs a Honda Accord.😂

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I just purchased the Hjet! I will fly to pick it up at KGSO once I have time to make the flight. Thanks again for all the recommendations everyone, it was greatly appreciated. I'll look into the 737 later on. I'm starting a Sim fund so I can save up and buy the planes and hardware I want lol. 

What is the latest version of the aircraft supposed to be?   Have they done an update lately?   I am getting crash to desktop, after the awesome flight, when heading back to world page.   losing my logged 4 hour flight..

i9 12gen KRF, 3080TI, 32 GB DDR 5,  operating DX11.

Wish developers would send out an email, when its updated..   CRJ from aerosoft  is the same way, never sure, what is most current, compared to what I have..  pain.

Edited by karlz