Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Inibuilds A310 to be released on November 2022 for free!

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Flightdeck2Sim is a real world pilot for a European airline and posts regularly on YT. I have no idea if he recreates actual flights on his channel. He might I suppose.

I could see him and other pilots getting acquainted with approaches they are unfamiliar with.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Flightdeck2Sim is a real world pilot for a European airline and posts regularly on YT. I have no idea if he recreates actual flights on his channel. He might I suppose.

But he makes money from his YouTube channel. That's why he does it. And good luck to him and to all the others who do it for the same reason. My guess is that if it wasn't for the money he'd be doing something else with his spare time.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reading https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5112-inibuilds-development-update-partnership-with-microsoft-flight-simulator/ more and gawking at those screenshots I can't help but think that the exterior modelling and weathering might even be Fenix level? i.e. that Singapore Airlines vertical stabilizer and rudder, the fuselage, the EFB (finger smudges & scratches), etc. Probably will be given "We are super lucky to have access to a real-life flying aircraft throughout the development process". Looking at the EFB also hoping the systems modelling will be Fenix-ish.. I see a "calculator" icon 🙂 for performance stuff probably, assuming the scales icon is for weight/balance/CG, the clipboard for flight planning, wonder what the sliders icon is for.

Hoping they'll provide some beefy documentation unlike the recent trend of high fidelity aircrafts that have released with sparse docs. At least this sounds promising:
"The FMS (flight management system) which is an essential component for the navigation of the aircraft, has been completely re-written from the ground up allowing for more realistic operations on day-day flying, along with new features not previously seen on iniBuilds products. The FMS will allow for full lateral and vertical guidance modes including RNAV approaches and overlay NDB VOR approaches. We will provide a comprehensive training guide on these, and how they can be used. Please note this is not a modern Airbus so there are some quirks and they have been fully reflected in the aircraft to provide a great deal of immersion, and these will all be explained in our training series!"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

7 hours ago, jarmstro said:

For the life of me I can't understand why an A320 pilot would wish to come home from work and then try to pretend he is back at work by playing with an A320 in MFS on his home PC? And then bitterly complain because it isn't exactly like  being back at work? 😀 Do lorry drivers pack up for the day and then fire up Euro Truck Simulator? Maybe they do?... Nurse!!

I should imagine it's quite often so people can try stuff out which they have no opportunity to do for real at work, for either practice, curiosity, testing a theory, or just plain fun. I quite often use the fancier flight sim add-ons which replicate the real things well, to test and try things out for my work. Flight sims can be useful for that sort of stuff.

And of course where the Airbus A310 is concerned, most A320 pilots are probably never going to have the opportunity to fly one of those things, but now MSFS will afford them the opportunity. Similarly, you and I might be massively interested in history and read every book we can on subjects which engage us, but in spite of all that knowledge we are never going to get the chance to dogfight a Spitfire in a Messerschmitt bf109, whereas we can do that in a flight sim if we like.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

But he makes money from his YouTube channel. That's why he does it. And good luck to all the others who do it for the same reason. My guess is that if it wasn't for the money he'd be doing something else with his spare time.

I'd have thought that would be fairly obvious. It isn't, as it seems!

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

On 6/13/2022 at 6:43 PM, ha5mvo said:

Oh, inibuilds have said that on their product! isn't that a surprise?! I have offered you many times to put things to the test, I bet you never did! Instead, you and bob have dismissed Darren Howie, probably the most knowledgeable and experienced A32x captain to post on those forums. Now, isn't that just laughable.....

Nice sleight of hand there.

I, personally, found Darren's comments to be very instructive and would have liked to see a more in-depth discussion of his claim. Unfortunately, the thread was locked.

What we are talking here, though, is the unfounded claim that MSFS physics "suck" - a statement without providing any kind of facts.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

But he makes money from his YouTube channel. That's why he does it. And good luck to him and to all the others who do it for the same reason. My guess is that if it wasn't for the money he'd be doing something else with his spare time.

Hard to say I guess, but to me it looks like 320 sim pilot, Flightdeck2Sim, Into the Blue Simulations, V1 Simulations, Blackbox 711, etc are all IRL pilots who also seem to have a passion for simming, and that's what drives their YT content creating activities... not sure if any recent downturns in actual airliner piloting work during the pandemic also drove them to do more on the content creating side? But regardless, there's some definite passion in here for simming and engaging with their audience, it surely can't be just money because they are bound to be getting good pay on their IRL jobs. That said, someone like KatiePilot I believe is/was on some sort of hiatus from her IRL FO piloting job, but then again she also designs/codes as she's the one who did the Fenix A320 EFB!

• Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

I should imagine it's quite often so people can try stuff out which they have no opportunity to do for real at work, for either practice, curiosity, testing a theory, or just plain fun. I quite often use the fancier flight sim add-ons which replicate the real things well, to test and try things out for my work. Flight sims can be useful for that sort of stuff.

And that's absolutely fine. Sims are for entertainment primarily, mastering the necessary techniques to use the sim and, as you say, trying out things you are unfamiliar with. Such as flight. But to come here and rant because a fifty quid addon, which is giving thousands of people a great deal of pleasure, does not absolutely exactly replicate in every detail your work place seems to me to be, well, odd.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chock said:

...opportunity to do for real at work, for either practice, curiosity, testing a theory, or just plain fun. I quite often use the fancier flight sim add-ons which replicate the real things well, to test and try things out for my work.

Too true!  I am waiting for MS A-hole simulator 2022 just for this reason.  It will be a day-one purchase for me, and hopefully I won't annoy the wife so much afterwards  :unsure:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Could it be that some people, maybe some, actually like what they do at work...?

I really like what I do at work. However I would never play a root canal simulator in my spare time.. 😉

That said, come to think about it... to make that kind of simulator to scratch my 'root canal itch' it'd better be darn close to reality and I suspect that would be really freaking hard to do. Something akin to doing a flight sim I suppose... 🤪

Not a jab or anything against the comment I responded to. It just got my mind going... 

*crawling back under my rock*

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

Hard to say I guess, but to me it looks like 320 sim pilot, Flightdeck2Sim, Into the Blue Simulations, V1 Simulations, Blackbox 711, etc are all IRL pilots who also seem to have a passion for simming, and that's what drives their YT content creating activities... not sure if any recent downturns in actual airliner piloting work during the pandemic also drove them to do more on the content creating side? But regardless, there's some definite passion in here for simming and engaging with their audience, it surely can't be just money because they are bound to be getting good pay on their IRL jobs. That said, someone like KatiePilot I believe is/was on some sort of hiatus from her IRL FO piloting job, but then again she also designs/codes as she's the one who did the Fenix A320 EFB!

Whilst you can make money off youtube channels, it's not the instant road to riches which many fondly imagine. First up you have to garner an audience to the point where you have 6,000 hours of public viewing time and have to gain at least 1,000 subscribers. This is easier said than done when starting out.

Having gained that, you then have to make engaging content - regularly - and this takes a fair bit of time. If you have hopes of making money from that content, it has to have some 'replay value' rather than being something people would only watch a small bit of, just once (which is what happens a lot with review viewing times). With all those boxes ticked, if you had somewhere around a million subscribed people watch one of your videos and you threw a few adverts into it for revenue, that'd get you about 500 quid. Which means you'd have to make three such videos a month which earned that same amount to garner a just about 'livable' - but hardly very fancy - wage of somewhere around 14k per annum after tax.

I'm currently too busy at work to make videos for my channel (hopefully that's going to change fairly shortly), but when I do make them, it's not because I want to make money (I wouldn't turn my nose up at it of course), it's because I like doing it and helping people out by providing well-informed information. I strongly suspect this is the majority of youtuber's motivation for doing stuff rather than the desire to make a fortune, which some people can do, but most people do not.

• Like 9

Alan Bradbury

24 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

But to come here and rant because a fifty quid addon, which is giving thousands of people a great deal of pleasure, does not absolutely exactly replicate in every detail your work place seems to me to be, well, odd.

Oh I completely agree with you on this score. What do people expect from a simulator which you can buy for twenty quid combined with an A320 which costs fifty quid? That it will somehow be the exact rival of a 15 million quid Level-D simulator, or the real 100 million quid aeroplane?

And as for the: 'my toy plane is better than your toy plane, and my flying game is better than yours' nonsense which people frequently indulge in on forums etc, it's embarrassing to witness people descending into this kind of school playground pedantry.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

I'm currently too busy at work to make videos for my channel (hopefully that's going to change fairly shortly),

No, no. I hope it doesn't change. We have a holiday booked for July and we are dreading the Flight Cancelled notification. Please double your hours. Thanks. 👍😂

• Upvote 1

I am really looking forward to the inibuilds A310. I hope this is the right thread to talk about that..

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

I really like what I do at work. However I would never play a root canal simulator in my spare time.. 😉

That said, come to think about it... to make that kind of simulator to scratch my 'root canal itch' it'd better be darn close to reality and I suspect that would be really freaking hard to do. Something akin to doing a flight sim I suppose... 🤪

Not a jab or anything against the comment I responded to. It just got my mind going... 

*crawling back under my rock*

Haha. There must be a Legalised Torture simulator out there somewhere?😀

• Like 1