Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Inibuilds A310 to be released on November 2022 for free!

4 minutes ago, tweekz said:

That should not be necessary as any degression in sensitivity leads to an exponential response curve

You have to take into account the hardware,no? The quality, how old it is. Those settings are there to give you a certain latitude to adjust for this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, airlinejets said:

You have to take into account the hardware,no? The quality, how old it is. Those settings are there to give you a certain latitude to adjust for this.

The thing that always baffles me, is when someone posts that they would like to know the control settings they should set in the sim so that their aircraft flies well. Only the person sitting at the PC, with all the controls hooked up,  can set them so that the aircraft flies realistically. Some sim pilots are clueless how to do this. I think someone with real-life experience in flying an aircraft is more easily able to do his because he or she is trying to mimic what it feels like flying the sim, to what they know it feels like flying a real aircraft. If someone applies some left aileron and the aircraft goes into a barrel roll, obvious they need to adjust the settings so that doesn't happen. Same with people claiming that the rudder is way to sensitive, or he pitch to sensitive,  well then adjust the word not allowed rudder and pitch adjustments until it feels normal.  There are plenty of adjustments in MSFS where you can dial it in, spot on, for each aircraft you fly. Just takes some time and patience. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Anyways this thread has once again gone beyond the iniBuilds A310

Yeah, but at least it's constructive. 🙂

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

There are plenty of adjustments in MSFS where you can dial it in, spot on, for each aircraft you fly. Just takes some time and patience. 

Hmm, haven’t done any sensitivity adjustments for a while. It’s not possible to have aircraft specific sensitivities, right?

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It’s not possible to have aircraft specific sensitivities, right?

I would think if you made a new profile specific to the aircraft you intend to fly, it would work.

I would think if you made a new profile specific to the aircraft you intend to fly, it would work.

I have a profile for every aircraft I fly, they are all a bit different. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I have a profile for every aircraft I fly, they are all a bit different. 

Bob, can you adjust the sensitivities for each individual aircraft profile?

Bob, can you adjust the sensitivities for each individual aircraft profile?

You can adjust everything. You just have to set each control, rudder pedals, joystick, throttle quad, and even keyboard if you have different hot keys set up,   and switch back and forth when you change aircraft. You could use paid FSUIPC, but I think there are more adjustments available in MSFS than there are in FSUIPC, like extremity deadzone  for instance, which I often use.   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Explain the difference. 

Game
an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun.

Simulator
a machine designed to provide a realistic imitation of the controls and operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes.

You like to stir up the conversion, don’t you?? 

A game can be a simulator but a simulator making too much concessions on the realism simply becomes a game and no longer qualifies as a sim… It’s not that complicated to understand when being used in this context on the forum.

As the name of this computer game called ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator’ points out, it intends to be a simulator, therefore it should aim to be as close to reality as possible. That means not only from an aerodynamic simulation point of view but also in the rendition of the outside world, the weather, etc etc

I’m personally quite happy to see where this sim is going over the months…

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

14 minutes ago, Sylle said:

Game
an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun.

Simulator
a machine designed to provide a realistic imitation of the controls and operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes.

You like to stir up the conversion, don’t you?? 

A game can be a simulator but a simulator making too much concessions on the realism simply becomes a game and no longer qualifies as a sim… It’s not that complicated to understand when being used in this context on the forum.

As the name of this computer game called ‘Microsoft Flight Simulator’ points out, it intends to be a simulator, therefore it should aim to be as close to reality as possible. That means not only from an aerodynamic simulation point of view but also in the rendition of the outside world, the weather, etc etc

I’m personally quite happy to see where this sim is going over the months…

Not a bad definition. In what way, then, is MFS making concessions to realism when it is by far the most realistic looking sim currently available for a home PC and it seems to me to be more than able to 'imitate the controls and operation of an aircraft'? 

• Like 1

Guess no one wants to talk about the original topic any longer so we’ll lock it as we’ve drifted way off. 

• Like 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator