Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

iniBuilds A310 new update/screenshot

The iniBuilds A310 thread got shut down, so opening this one... a small teaser on their discord with a new screenshot below. Thai military is a good fit, given that most of the IRL operators these days are the military from various countries.

https://discord.com/channels/535246634448191499/784467650612822016/991482570342666300
"I know a lot of you are asking for more information. Development is in full swing, and I am sure you all are going to be excited for it when it is released! 🙂"

For reference, their recent announcement with some details of the widebody Airbus coming (for free!) in the MSFS 40th anniv edition:
https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5112-inibuilds-development-update-partnership-with-microsoft-flight-simulator/

spacer.png

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 12

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Looking forward to their first preview of the flight deck! This is gonna be great! AND FREE!!

• Like 3

Ohh I wonder if they'll have an RCAF livery then. If not, I'm sure someone will make one.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

I too am looking forward to this.  I hope they publish a list of downgraded (comparison) features from their x-plane product.  I hope we don't take to much of a hit.  Looks good.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Such a good looking plane, I'm so glad a dev like inibuilds took on these planes so they can do them justice visually and system wise. Never got to use them in xplane but from what I see and watch they are top of the line. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I too am looking forward to this.  I hope they publish a list of downgraded (comparison) features from their x-plane product.  I hope we don't take to much of a hit.  Looks good.

Flyaway Sim 310 in P3D. Now THERE was a plane! (Are the moderators ready to pounce yet?).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Better not discuss that comparison on avsim 😉

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

I'm using their XP11 version now.

Didn't find much time to explore it deeply but already found a few quirks, which I posted at their support forum.

It's a "complex" addon, apparently very detailled systems-wise.

Let's wait for what becomes possible in MFS.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

That's bait

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

7 minutes ago, Krakin said:

That's bait

Very low effort as well.. 🤣

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

6 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

They actually mentioned the opposite - more detail / features for the upcoming MFS version...

Looking fwd to check if the quirks I have found in the xp11 version are fixed for the MFS debut... Wouldn't be surprised...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

9 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

More like upgraded or at par 🙂 ... apart from the obviously upgraded visuals, iniBuilds have said:

https://discord.com/channels/535246634448191499/784467650612822016/972850172067459103

• "Just to be fully clear, our flight model in MSFS is on par to XP. So those still wanting to negate MSFS as a viable sim solution based on those reasons - don’t speak too soon."

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5112-inibuilds-development-update-partnership-with-microsoft-flight-simulator/

• "Moving onto systems: we have completely re-written our code base for the Microsoft Flight Simulator version, enhancing and improving our A310 systems in all areas from the previous iteration of this product. Significant parts of aircraft have greater levels of dynamic behaviour and reliance for example in our electrical system; each item within the aircraft has an impact on the power drawn from the generators, even individual fuel pumps, which will cause realistic electrical system demand changes."
  • "The FMS (flight management system) which is an essential component for the navigation of the aircraft, has been completely re-written from the ground up allowing for more realistic operations on day-day flying, along with new features not previously seen on iniBuilds products. The FMS will allow for full lateral and vertical guidance modes including RNAV approaches and overlay NDB VOR approaches. We will provide a comprehensive training guide on these, and how they can be used. Please note this is not a modern Airbus so there are some quirks and they have been fully reflected in the aircraft to provide a great deal of immersion, and these will all be explained in our training series!"
  • "In addition to these fantastic systems, we will also provide a newly designed, feature-rich EFB (electronic flight bag). This will allow you to manage weight and balance, interact with the awesome ground services in Microsoft Flight Simulator and much more!"

Can't wait for this, given it'll very likely be the first high fidelity wide-body long-hauler for MSFS, along with its unique "Airbus that flies like a Boeing" characteristics with its pre-fly-by-wire systems and controls.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 9

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Just too bad they have no plans to bring the freighter version at this time to MSFS. Just the GE pax version. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Ohh I wonder if they'll have an RCAF livery then. If not, I'm sure someone will make one.

Yes I can’t wait to do some Canforce flying!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Just too bad they have no plans to bring the freighter version at this time to MSFS. Just the GE pax version. 

Yes, I'd like the freighter too - in fact, I would prefer it. Still, free is free, and I'm looking forward to the 310, whining complaining passengers notwithstanding. 🙂

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org