Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

[Freeware] El Cajon Gillespie Field, CA (KSEE)

95L5NfB.jpeg

Gillespie Field (ICAO:KSEE) is a county-owned public towered airport, 12 miles northeast downtown San Diego and the beach in California. The airport is mostly used for general aviation, with 3 runways. Gillespie is the home of San Diego Air & Space Museum Annex, the ASTREA (the air support unit of the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department) and a dozen of other businesses and flight clubs/schools like my club Plus One Flyers.

Free to download : https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee

As for all of my MSFS mod, this small scenery is made from a pilot-eyes perspective. In real, I'm a Plus One Flyers member and mostly fly from Montgomery Field but Gillespie is one of the fourth base. I'm real PPL but a rookie amateur scenery developer: this mod is made with 99% of MSFS default objects library and feature massive number of details. The scenery is inspired by some of my personal videos and pictures, but mostly by high resolution aerial views from Bing and Google maps. It's a mix between the satellite imagery displayed from MSFS and more accurate data found on Internet. 1800+ objects have been added to the default scenery to make in more live and bring a touch of an active area.

f1Uch0X.jpeg

LGUsvrB.jpeg

Features

• Taxiways : all corrected and fixed
    • 150+ taxiway signs : complete redesign, correct name according to last charts, add some of the two sided taxiway sign, example at D5).
    • Taxiway lines: complete redesign, position and correct, add "center line enhanced" represented 1400+ taxiway paths
  • Buildings: all airport hangars/FBO's and buildings have been replaced by MSFS objects library: Speer Hangar Assoc, Allen Airways Flying Museum, California Flight Academy, American Aviation Academy, SAA (Scandinavian Aviation Academy), ASTREA, Golden State Flying Club, Safari Aviation, Southern Cal Aircraft, High Performance Aircraft, Terminal, S.D Aerospace Museum, Circle Air, El Cajon Pilot Supply..
  • Fences: 90% of external fences and gates.
  • Ground markings:
    • Big TAXI yellow ground markings to avoid confusion with runways 27R and 27L and handcrafted (amateur) red intersection runway.
    • Helipads at Mercy Air and on the transient apron north of the Terminal.
    • Reveal of Compass Rose west of the field on D1
  • Windsocks: correct placement and addition
  • Night blue light poles: remove the maximum of undesired extra poles

7NOHnbp.jpegMore than 150 taxiway signs...

I2nxsMj.jpeg
... with specific one here and...

Po3nxcW.jpeg
... and here

f28434399f540611ca57f205e6fd1381bd650f58

Requests

I need you : there're several specific signs on taxiways that I found like "ATC NON VISUAL AREA", "Be a Good Neighbor". These make the scenery unique and I look for others I was unable to identify. If you have pictures, feel free to share with me! The tower is the autogenerated MSFS one: if you want to build a (light) blender object... you are welcome!

kFatGKr.jpeg
ASTREA

mXxTG1R.jpeg
Tower apron's fuel island

Sf61j0L.jpeg

GQTW9sg.jpeg
Golden State Flying Club

l2z4pnD.jpeg
Golden State Flying Club

Z98lSjm.jpeg
High Performance Aircraft

5HpX9Sk.jpeg
High Performance Aircraft

gqxlQXT.jpeg

gky0yy7.jpeg

UzWMHfh.jpeg
San Diego Air & Space Museum annex

xbKTAHG.jpeg
San Diego Air & Space Museum annex

Za7A5LA.jpeg
Terminal

vtYRUCC.jpeg
Allen Airways Airline museum

rab3Cck.jpeg
Scandinavian Aviation Academy SAA Flight Training

WKXHEBm.jpeg
Mercy Air helipads

WhDhZO4.jpeg
Circle Air Group

Enjoy this free amateur scenery! https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee

• Like 26

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I can feel the love put in this project!

Thank you.

• Like 1

Looks amazing , thank you !! .

• Like 1

Excellent job! 

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

13 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

These SD airports are fantastic!

Thank you! The coverage of SD area is quite full. We have the LatinVFR of the international KSAN, Palomar KCRQ of Dreamflight, my modest part for KMYF Montgomery, KRNM Ramona and KSEE Gillespie. Who is going to build Brown field KSDM ? 😉 

Vincent B.

Just incredible work. Sadly I'm currently at work so I'll have to wait a few more hours before I can get this airport installed and do some flights.

@vbazillio Thank you for sharing your hard work with us.

• Like 1

Great Job!👍

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I downloaded KSEE upon release. All your airports are excellent. Thank you!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

Thank you! The coverage of SD area is quite full. We have the LatinVFR of the international KSAN, Palomar KCRQ of Dreamflight, my modest part for KMYF Montgomery, KRNM Ramona and KSEE Gillespie. Who is going to build Brown field KSDM ? 😉 

Excellent  work! please consider KOKB!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Excellent  work! please consider KOKB!

Thanks Bob Maxwell seems not too be too big. More time to put fences than working on runway 😉 Maybe after Brown Field? Do you have useful materials to share? For example, these signs on holding point 24 as seen from Bing Map Birds eyes view mode ?

qpSPHnk.jpeg

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

24 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Thanks Bob Maxwell seems not too be too big. More time to put fences than working on runway 😉 Maybe after Brown Field? Do you have useful materials to share? For example, these signs on holding point 24 as seen from Bing Map Birds eyes view mode ?

qpSPHnk.jpeg

Will dig out what I can!

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

@vbazillio Great work on the airport! Have you tried it with the SU10 beta? I'm not sure if the beta is to blame or something else, but the default buildings aren't getting excluded on my install. I also don't see a yellow star on the World Map with the airport installed (which usually indicates a custom airport). I don't have this problem with KRNM, interestingly enough. I've tried removing a couple other scenery add-ons in the area, ensured all official content is up to date, and cleared my content.xml.

Qm2ZnyK.png

Edited by HughesMDflyer4

Brandon Filer

Great job again Vincent!  It's amazing it's almost all default objects!  Looks very believable!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |