Sign in to follow this  
Virtual-Chris

Anyone using an LG C1 OLED Display?

If so, how do you like it? Please share your settings… as I just got one myself. Any issues with burn-in with MSFS or other games?

let us know, I am also interested in getting one, thanks!

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

I have one and I love it. I'm running 4K with most settings on Ultra. I don't have the sim running at the moment, so I don't know what specific settings are. I do know that performance is great (not perfect) running full AIG AI, complex add on airports, real weather, and the PMDG 737. 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I got one its the best. No issues with burn in as long as you manage it. I turn mine off when not using it and use a black background with my icons ether in the start menu or on the task bar. In MSFS turn of anything that is static.  Also I have my room really dark which is preferable with OLED. Josh

Here is a calibration ICC file that in my case made everything even better.  Here

Review https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/48-c1-oled

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)
  • Like 2

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Love it (even with the annoyance below). No burn in so far after 8 months however just to be safe I have the taskbar auto hide and hide all icons on my desktop. I have a blank screensaver (black screen) set to trigger after 2 minutes, and a program that cycles a new background image every day; I use Bing Wallpaper the only thing I don't like is the bing logo on bottom right of all images but it is "soft" so I suppose it's fine. Be careful of the games that have constant UI that displays while playing. I'm beginning to think all this stuff I'm doing to avoid burn in really isn't necessary, the display is solid!

Anyway just so happens there is an annoying anti-burn in dimming feature that always seems to happen during my night flights that I can only seem to restore to regular brightness by exiting full screen and opening another window (cannot seem to turn that off). If I could stop that somehow... it would be perfect.

Overall though, beautiful display!

On 8/5/2022 at 3:57 AM, Virtual-Chris said:

If so, how do you like it? Please share your settings… as I just got one myself. Any issues with burn-in with MSFS or other games?

How are you finding this TV?

I have been eying a couple of used 48 inch C1's on FB Marketplace & Kijij. I am primarily interested in the GSYNC options. I am not sure if this is a full Gsync rated TV or Gsync compatible which I believe means you have to maintain above 40 fps for Gsync to work which I can do.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

6 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

How are you finding this TV?

I have been eying a couple of used 48 inch C1's on FB Marketplace & Kijij. I am primarily interested in the GSYNC options. I am not sure if this is a full Gsync rated TV or Gsync compatible which I believe means you have to maintain above 40 fps for Gsync to work which I can do.

It’s a fabulous picture. Way better than my 2016 LCD as you’d expect. 🙂

I’m still getting use to it and optimizing settings. But according to RTINGS latest test it supports sub-20 FPS G-Sync… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virtual-Chris said:

It’s a fabulous picture. Way better than my 2016 LCD as you’d expect. 🙂

I’m still getting use to it and optimizing settings. But according to RTINGS latest test it supports sub-20 FPS G-Sync… 

If the fps drops to say 45 is it still as smooth when panning the camera around as it is at 60fps ?

I actually have a 65 inch X90J in my family room that has VRR, while it isn't an OLED set I was thinking about lugging my PC up from the basement to see how it looks.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

39 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

If the fps drops to say 45 is it still as smooth when panning the camera around as it is at 60fps ?

I actually have a 65 inch X90J in my family room that has VRR, while it isn't an OLED set I was thinking about lugging my PC up from the basement to see how it looks.

Well at 45 its ok, but when the FPS starts to get to 30, it's noticeable, but that's nothing to do with the TV... that's just the frames per second start to become noticeable. But then I'm overly sensitive to it I think. Many people can sim all day at 30FPS but I'm not one of them 😄

2 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Well at 45 its ok, but when the FPS starts to get to 30, it's noticeable, but that's nothing to do with the TV... that's just the frames per second start to become noticeable. But then I'm overly sensitive to it I think. Many people can sim all day at 30FPS but I'm not one of them 😄

From what I’m seeing with my 3090 & 12700K is that I can pretty much hold 50 fps everywhere with high to ultra settings. The only time I see 30fps is when I choose to set that as my cap. 
I think I’ll have a look at my X90J in the next few days and see what it feels like

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

So, I was doing a flight at dusk last night and noticed a lot of flicker... I'm guessing it's the notorious VRR flicker.  

I guess turning off VRR for night flights is an option... I tried to turn it off from the Game Center panel on the TV but that caused the sim to lockup.  I guess I'm going to have to turn it off before I go into the sim.  Or is there some way to do it on the fly?

If turn VRR off and keep vsync on in NV Control Panel, am I going to have tearing?

Frankly I'm a bit disappointed that LG hasn't found a solution to this and why reviewers don't mention this more. The LG OLEDs are widely regarded as the best gaming TVs, but this issue seems rather important.

Now this is interesting as I too noticed this very recently on a night flight. I used to run with fps locked for ages, but for the last month or so I've used G-Sync. Since I rarely do any night flights, I've not been aware of the issue. But it's certainly there. I'll load into the sim to investigate. Hopefully those pesky memory CTDs will take a break for a few minutes...

10 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

If turn VRR off and keep vsync on in NV Control Panel, am I going to have tearing?

Probably not. I used to use the fast option with the best results. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Now this is interesting as I too noticed this very recently on a night flight. I used to run with fps locked for ages, but for the last month or so I've used G-Sync. Since I rarely do any night flights, I've not been aware of the issue. But it's certainly there. I'll load into the sim to investigate. Hopefully those pesky memory CTDs will take a break for a few minutes...

Probably not. I used to use the fast option with the best results. 

Thanks... let me know what you find. I will start playing around with things after work today but that will be several hours from now.  

Hopefully I can run without VRR for night flights and not experience tearing.

13 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Hopefully I can run without VRR for night flights and not experience tearing.

Yes I'm almost certain that's possible. But this is strange. I'm doing a night flight right now, VRR enabled, and I don't notice the flickering. I'm sure I noticed it just a few days ago. I tried pitch black night and dawn. No flicker at all. I'm on SU10 now btw. Keep switching back and forth... Perhaps there could be some certain circumstances that trigger the flicker? 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Nope, it's there. It seems to depend on the direction of view. Could be related to dusk conditions though, as I can't reproduce it in the middle of the night. Made a quick video: